LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Inlandappl said:
i found this address on the CIC website. I don't know if that is the one

Complexe Lebourgneuf,
825 Lebourgneuf Boulevard, Suite 110
Québec, QC
G2J 0B9

What i'm pretty sure of is that if you live in quebec city they will definitely transfer your file there(good for you) when it's time for your landing interview
I know where it is. It's one of the ugliest neighbourhoods of the city (in my opinion). Massive construction of new appartment blocks with no taste for architecture along big main roads. I never knew that CIC had an office there. Luckily you need to come by car anyways, because there's not a lot of public transport going there (they all go along the shops, but not a lot follow that part of the boulevard). However, I can really recommend the burger restaurant Chez Victor that is there: I never tasted better ones (and I'm not the fast-food type). Try out the Montagnard or the Méditerranéen: the classics! :D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
I know where it is. It's one of the ugliest neighbourhoods of the city (in my opinion). Massive construction of new appartment blocks with no taste for architecture along big main roads. I never knew that CIC had an office there. Luckily you need to come by car anyways, because there's not a lot of public transport going there (they all go along the shops, but not a lot follow that part of the boulevard). However, I can really recommend the burger restaurant Chez Victor that is there: I never tasted better ones (and I'm not the fast-food type). Try out the Montagnard or the Méditerranéen: the classics! :D
ahah thanks for the tips Jurjen , I will remember chez victor!! My wife wants to come by car but i love the train. probably at the end we will come by car, we'll see...i found this address in the CIC website but i don't know if thats the place, infact on the website it says open for refugee claimants only....boh...i will wait for their letter or call and then i ll let you know,,,

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
i got AIP and work permit! yey!!!!! at least the first part is done, now i have to wait to get the police certificates, thank you all for your support, im sorry not being here as much, i just didnt want to think too much about it :)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Inlandappl said:
ahah thanks for the tips Jurjen , I will remember chez victor!! My wife wants to come by car but i love the train. probably at the end we will come by car, we'll see...i found this address in the CIC website but i don't know if thats the place, infact on the website it says open for refugee claimants only....boh...i will wait for their letter or call and then i ll let you know,,,
Ouch... If you want to come by train, you'll need to transfer in Montreal, or take a shuttle bus just on the south shore at Québec. Depending if you end up in Ste-Foy or at Gare du Palais, just take 2, 3 or 4 bus transfers into account if you need to go to Boul. Lebourgneuf.
On the other side... It's not the city center, so parking will be for free. ;-)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
No, if i come by train i would come from the gaspesie, from east, i'd have to change at charny station and wait for 20 minutes for connection to quebec city , that's what i found on viarail website. thanks for your tips!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
From Charny it's the shuttle bus I've refered to. There's no passanger train connection from Charny to Québec. ;-)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
From Charny it's the shuttle bus I've refered to. There's no passanger train connection from Charny to Québec. ;-)
Thanks!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
tita said:
i got AIP and work permit! yey!!!!! at least the first part is done, now i have to wait to get the police certificates, thank you all for your support, im sorry not being here as much, i just didnt want to think too much about it :)
CONGRATULATIONS ;)

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Thank you very much Inlandappl.

Start to be nervous about it.

one of my friend told me, her friend got her PR in 3 months. Can't believed it!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Bubli said:
Thank you very much Inlandappl.

Start to be nervous about it.

one of my friend told me, her friend got her PR in 3 months. Can't believed it!
3 months for the whole process?In Canada? in family class? that's impossible!

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
They lived in Prague, he is Canadian. They applied in Vienna.
She was very surprised!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Bubli said:
They lived in Prague, he is Canadian. They applied in Vienna.
She was very surprised!
well if it is outland then it is possible in very rare cases. i think in taiwan they process in an average of 4 months. the really weird thing is that applications processed in Canada take much longer than applications processed for example in london...weird...i guess less employees or less will to go faster.....

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi everybody,

i would like to ask some info about photos. I will have a landing interview some time soon in CIC quebec city and i know i have to bring a couple of photos. Do u know what are the requirements for the photos(like passport photos)? they are the same that are going to finish on my permanent resident card or i have to apply later with another photo and what are the photo specs for a permanent resident card ?. anyone can advice me about this? also do you know how long are the photos valid for before i submit the application for permanent resident card?

Thanks for your help!

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
CSQ application goes in the mail tomorrow :D

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
My two letters were hopefully sent off on Thursday. I'm expecting them sometime this week or next. If I dont hear from them with 2 weeks, I'm gonna have to really start raising hell. Calling Canada Post, consider a P.O box and seeing what's going on with CIC-V. I've checked my E-Cas a million times to check if my address was typed in correct. And it is. Seeing people who have roughly the same timeline as me getting AIP while I;m waiting for silly letters is making me pretty annoyed.