+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hey Guys, I just received my GCMS (ATIP) notes. They say that everything passed and:

Final: Granted
Oath: Not started

PAPER FILE
Office: Montreal Citizenship
#: [my application number]

So looks like the file is in this special room but nobody wants to touch it for some reason…:)
Hi there,

Quick question, a few months before I had requested my atip notes and on one page it says : pages 17 to 25 are withheld persuant to section 16(2)(c) of the access to information act.Do you have something like this in your notes ? Thanks

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hi there,

Quick question, a few months before I had requested my atip notes and on one page it says : pages 17 to 25 are withheld persuant to section 16(2)(c) of the access to information act.Do you have something like this in your notes ? Thanks
Yes, some pages are removed.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Montreal office has oath scheduled for Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12. Only for 2020 applicants though...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QK5i0jomsJXAQAM3sJrLZj6DB3tbWGgw/edit#gid=1037206
One 2019 applicant just received the oath invitation for Nov 5th.

My tracker has been updated on 25th October, oath ceremony scheduled. Application timelines are as follows:

Montreal, Family Size: 04
Application Received: 19 December 2019
AOR: 17 February 2020
Fingerprints Requested: 27 February 2020
Fingerprints Submitted: 17 March 2020
Test Invite: 26 May 2021
Test Completed: 28 May 2021
2nd Fingerprints Requested: 26 July 2021
Fingerprints Submitted: 27 July 2021
Decision Made: 01 September 2021
Oath Invite: 25 October 2021
Oath Scheduled: 05 November 2021

Reactions: Orgcom

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Do we know what logic Montreal IRCC applies while issuing the oath invites ?

Is it Date applied, AOR, Decision made ? because the people who applied in August 2020 are getting the Oath even their DM was in September 2021. People who applied in July 2020 whose DM was in June 2021 are waiting for the oath...

Does family applications given low preference ?

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020

Is it Date applied, AOR, Decision made ? because the people who applied in August 2020 are getting the Oath even their DM was in September 2021. People who applied in July 2020 whose DM was in June 2021 are waiting for the oath...

Nobody knows, that's the point. Sometimes I even think that IRCC employers do not know either... They just follow the orders of the voices in their heads...

I can speculate that people who travel a lot (my case) get delayed on purpose (just like in the case of PR card renewals)...

Reactions: chs

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Nobody knows, that's the point. Sometimes I even think that IRCC employers do not know either... They just follow the orders of the voices in their heads...

I can speculate that people who travel a lot (my case) get delayed on purpose (just like in the case of PR card renewals)...
Thanks @Orgcom, I didn't entered even an hour outside of Quebec. What is bothering me is. Decision was made on June 29th 2021 for self and spouse.
The other points is we have 2 minor children whose app shows "in progress". I don't think anything is got to them. As soon as our oath is decided theirs will also changes.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks @Orgcom, I didn't entered even an hour outside of Quebec. What is bothering me is. Decision was made on June 29th 2021 for self and spouse.
The other points is we have 2 minor children whose app shows "in progress". I don't think anything is got to them. As soon as our oath is decided theirs will also changes.
I always thought family applications are in priority. Apparently, I was wrong. As I said, nobody knows their logic.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017

Im an Aug 2020 family applicant. Hope my oath is soon

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021

In my opinion it’s totally based on luck :’(

dustinbee66

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017

No,we don’t have any travel history during 5 years,they received our application 15th January 2020,DM 29th April 2021,still waiting ceremony.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
I sent a webform to the IRCC to ask about the status and let them know that HEY! someone is waiting here on Aug 20th 2021 they replied to me with this ugly, unprofessional, automated reply about the resources moved to work on humanitarian cases on Aug 29th 2021, TODAY i received another email from them with same reply again for the same inquiry i sent on Aug 20th, i saw the email notification for a second i thought OMG that's it "this is the Oath" turns out NOPE it is not and the ugly email again. does this means anything! or they just they wanna ruin my day LOL. does this happened to any one of you folks?

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hey Guys, I just received my GCMS (ATIP) notes. They say that everything passed and:

Final: Granted
Oath: Not started

PAPER FILE
Office: Montreal Citizenship
#: [my application number]

So looks like the file is in this special room but nobody wants to touch it for some reason…:)
Nice :)
It is a good sign as my Location is : Post March 2020 - Exam
I am with Montreal Office too.
I already did my exam since 24th of sept but it hasn't changed yet. I received my ATIP around a week ago.

Btw when did you apply?

Reactions: Orgcom

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I sent a webform to the IRCC to ask about the status and let them know that HEY! someone is waiting here on Aug 20th 2021 they replied to me with this ugly, unprofessional, automated reply about the resources moved to work on humanitarian cases on Aug 29th 2021, TODAY i received another email from them with same reply again for the same inquiry i sent on Aug 20th, i saw the email notification for a second i thought OMG that's it "this is the Oath" turns out NOPE it is not and the ugly email again. does this means anything! or they just they wanna ruin my day LOL. does this happened to any one of you folks?

Hi, Same for me as well. I sent last sunday and i got an email on Monday with focus on Afganisthan cases and they take few emergency cases.

My DM was June 29th 2021