+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Happy for them, but beyond angry at our situation. I know life isn't fair, but this is some BS, preferring more recent applicants to us. It's like waiting an hour to be served at a restaurant and watching tables come in after you, order, eat their food, pay and leave and you still haven't gotten your glass of water, yet.
It's beyond infuriating. What's more infuriating is that other offices offload their applicants to the Montreal office. Which means not only later Montreal applicants move before us, but also later applicants from other offices at out expense!!

Reactions: chs

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
When was your first background check completed? Was it exactly 1 year before the second one?
No, the second one was done a few months later after the expiry of the first one. I only see the first background check on the tracker, info about the second one I got from the notes.

My criminality check expires Apr 2022 so I believe I will be invited for oath somewhere between now and April 2022... :confused: It looks like the criminality (background) check was refreshed relatively recently for 2019 and early 2020 applicants, that's probably why their time margin is sacrificed in favor of late 2020, 2021 applicants...

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
2019 Guys, here is the guideline on how to calculate the approximate oath invitation date:

1. Order GCMS notes.
2. Find on the notes the month when the last criminality check was done (should be somewhere in 2021 for you). This will be your new In Process.
4. Find on 2020 and 2021 spreadsheets a month applicants (from Montreal) of which have In Process in the same month.
5. Follow these applicants and prepare yourself when they start receiving oath invitations.

the end.

According to this guide, I will receive my invitation together with Dec 2020 - Jan 2021 Montreal applicants.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: chs and happysheep

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guys, here is the guideline on how to calculate the approximate oath invitation date:

1. Order GCMS notes.
2. Find on the notes the month when the last criminality check was done (should be somewhere in 2021 for you).
3. Subtract from it 1.5 months. This will give you an imaginary new AOR (background check was completed in ~1.5 months after I received AOR in 2019).
4. Find on 2020 and 2021 spreadsheets a month applicants of which received AORs on the month of your new AOR (the applications must be from Montreal of course).
5. Follow these applicants and prepare yourself when they start receiving oath invitations.

the end.

According to this guide, I will receive my invitation together with Dec 2020 - Jan 2021 Montreal applicants.

This is very complicated. It's easier just to wait. I will complete 2 years soon. I will start bugging them from that point onwards

Reactions: Orgcom

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Guys, here is the guideline on how to calculate the approximate oath invitation date:

1. Order GCMS notes.
2. Find on the notes the month when the last criminality check was done (should be somewhere in 2021 for you). This will be your new In Process.
4. Find on 2020 and 2021 spreadsheets a month applicants of which have In Process in the same month.

the end.

Thank you very much!
Would you mind if I ask how to order GCMS notes and what it stands for?
And would you mind to share your timeline?
I remember you are July 2020 applicant, same as me. Below is my timeline:
I got AOR on December 22, 2020.
Started In process on February 23, 2021.
Test request sent on June 11, 2021.
Took test on July 1st.
DM on July 5, 2021.
Waiting for oath until now.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Thank you very much!
Would you mind if I ask how to order GCMS notes and what it stands for?
And would you mind to share your timeline?
I remember you are July 2020 applicant, same as me. Below is my timeline:
I got AOR on December 22, 2020.
Started In process on February 23, 2021.
Test request sent on June 11, 2021.
Took test on July 1st.
DM on July 5, 2021.
Waiting for oath until now.
This guide is primarily for 2019 applicants. In your case, your oath should be in less than one year from when your background check was completed (before Feb 23, 2022 I guess).

Reactions: happysheep

Tarikmotiwala

Oct 27, 2021
2019 Guys, here is the guideline on how to calculate the approximate oath invitation date:

1. Order GCMS notes.
4. Find on 2020 and 2021 spreadsheets a month applicants of which have In Process in the same month.

the end.

Hi,

I am a 2019 applicant. Can you please share how to order GCMS notes?
Been waiting for years now!!
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Tarik

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hi,

I am a 2019 applicant. Can you please share how to order GCMS notes?
Been waiting for years now!!
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Tarik
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

If you request the notes for yourself, you don’t have to pay $5, select the free version.

From the notes you can also find out whether your case is routing or not.
Routine - after the Sydney office your file goes to the “Montreal Citizenship” office.
Non-routine - to “Montreal CEN”.

Last edited:

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec

1. Order GCMS notes.

the end.

Well, since we both share the same processing times, thanks for doing all the hard work for me! (Although I've already ordered my GCMS notes a bit back - will verify and cross-reference dates as well.)

Reactions: Orgcom

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

If you request the notes for yourself, you don’t have to pay $5, select the free version.

Routine - after the Sydney office your file goes to the “Montreal Citizenship” office.
Well, now I feel like a chump - I've been paying the $5 all along! *headdesk*

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other

Hey I’ma March 2021 online applicant , I got my test invite from Mtl Cen office on Oct 19. I did my test on Oct 21 & test updated to complete on oct 22. The rest of my fields in the tracker are still in progress. How are you saying non-routine applications are sent to Montreal central?

I have applied for urgent processing & Scarborough office has emailed Montreal central office st least two times so far saying “Hey Montreal, file is at your office. Please process “.

I don’t get why my application is sent here as I’m based out of Toronto with Scarborough being my primary office. :|

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other

Lastly would my oath invite be coming from Scarborough? How long have you seen Montreal application sit on applications before they move everything to complete (Decision made) Is it arbitrarily or they follow date wise if you happen to know,?

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Well, since we both share the same processing times, thanks for doing all the hard work for me! (Although I've already ordered my GCMS notes a bit back - will verify and cross-reference dates as well.)
The notes will also calm you down a bit. The final note on my GCMS notes says: "La citoyenneté canadienne est octroyée"... :)

Reactions: CaBeaver and chs

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hey I’ma March 2021 online applicant , I got my test invite from Mtl Cen office on Oct 19. I did my test on Oct 21 & test updated to complete on oct 22. The rest of my fields in the tracker are still in progress. How are you saying non-routine applications are sent to Montreal central?

I have applied for urgent processing & Scarborough office has emailed Montreal central office st least two times so far saying “Hey Montreal, file is at your office. Please process “.

I don’t get why my application is sent here as I’m based out of Toronto with Scarborough being my primary office. :|
Urgent request is a different story and should be studied separately. Can't tell you anything in relation to your case... What I can say for sure, if your case is urgent, it's moving significantly faster compared to the normal ones...