+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

SKC_Montreal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
I sent a webform to the IRCC to ask about the status and let them know that HEY! someone is waiting here on Aug 20th 2021 they replied to me with this ugly, unprofessional, automated reply about the resources moved to work on humanitarian cases on Aug 29th 2021, TODAY i received another email from them with same reply again for the same inquiry i sent on Aug 20th, i saw the email notification for a second i thought OMG that's it "this is the Oath" turns out NOPE it is not and the ugly email again. does this means anything! or they just they wanna ruin my day LOL. does this happened to any one of you folks?
I had a same experience Bro. I got a second email from them and was excited to open it, pretending that it's the oath. But no. Same shitty email saying we moved our resources to bla bla bla.....

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Do we know what logic Montreal IRCC applies while issuing the oath invites ?

Is it Date applied, AOR, Decision made ? because the people who applied in August 2020 are getting the Oath even their DM was in September 2021. People who applied in July 2020 whose DM was in June 2021 are waiting for the oath...

Does family applications given low preference ?
The answer: The more someone complains, the slower their application moves. :eek:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The answer: The more someone complains, the slower their application moves. :eek:
Is this a reality or a perception, though? Time moves slower to those who are waiting. But those who don't care, time moves fast to them. Unless, IRCC waste time spying on what people say on different platforms, and try to figure out who they are, and then punish them. It's feasible, and doable, but a waste of resources at times where they need them to do more work, if that's their primary concern.

• Haha
Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Is this a reality or a perception, though? Time moves slower to those who are waiting. But those who don't care, time moves fast to them. Unless, IRCC waste time spying on what people say on different platforms, and try to figure out who they are, and then punish them. It's feasible, and doable, but a waste of resources at times where they need them to do more work, if that's their primary concern.
I am, of course, being facetious. I think IRCC are probably stretched thin enough as it is without having to resort to doing exactly what you mention. It's purely a perception issue. As I've been checking my status daily (with obviously no movement), it seems like I just get more and more worked up. As @Orgcom once advised - "Sit back and enjoy the ride". It'll eventually happen; I've just given up hope that it would have been in time for the elections or the opportunity to briefly explore life outside of Canada

• Haha
Reactions: Orgcom and CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am, of course, being facetious. I think IRCC are probably stretched thin enough as it is without having to resort to doing exactly what you mention. It's purely a perception issue. As I've been checking my status daily (with obviously no movement), it seems like I just get more and more worked up. As @Orgcom once advised - "Sit back and enjoy the ride". It'll eventually happen; I've just given up hope that it would have been in time for the elections or the opportunity to briefly explore life outside of Canada
I check my file at least twice a day, every day, since I did the exam back in April, and every time I read someone from Montreal receives oath invitation, I also check hoping I was selected with them :rolleyes:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
A new July 2020 applicant received oath invite for Nov 9th. Montreal office is definitely inviting applicants, but the vast majority of them are 2020 applicants.

Tracker updated today and my oath is scheduled for 9th November. Please update the spreadsheet.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Another July 2020 applicant for Nov 12th

I know I liked seeing this and comparing so I thought I would share

Application sent July 2020
Filed Jan 4 21
Background March 9
test June 11, completed June 25
test updated June 28
all else updated July 23
oath date given Oct 25
oath set for 12 nov 2021 - all done via Montreal (I know people here bitch that they are not working)

good luck!

• Angry

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
This office just sucks. My test invite came from this office although my processing office is Scarborough and although my application is under Urgent Processing, no one from this office seems to care. Here's my status:
Based out of Toronto.
Mar 22 Online applicant
AOR Aug 17
background complete: Oct 4 (Sent UP)
Test invite: Oct 15
Test updated to complete: Oct 22
They asked me to send passport copies and I CC'd Scarborough office. Scarborough official clearly replied "Hey Montreal, File is with your office. Waiting on you".

Nothing so far. I mean how are they so screwed up that they even fail to acknowledge the status and move the file to Oath..

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Guys, I think I partially understood why the priority for oath is given to some but not to others.
On one hand, there is info about an applicant that never expires, e.g. language knowledge, citizenship test, physical presence...
On the other hand, some info has an expiry date, like criminality (it's not shown on the tracker but you can see it on the GCMS notes).

So I think, before inviting an applicant for oath, IRCC is looking at the expiration dates of the "perishable" info about an applicant. If this info is expired or about to expire, they request this info again from the police for example in order to refresh. This is when an applicant waits.
An applicant also waits if the expiry date of some info is far away in the future. In this case, the applicant is considered a low priority because there are others who have checks expiring soon...
That's probably why IRCC wanted to process routing applications within a year in the pre-COVID era, they want applicants to finish everything bafore some of the cheks expire. This also explains why 2021 applicants are processed with good speed...

BTW, my GCMS notes say that the second criminality check was run on Apr 2021 with validity till Apr 2022. The tracker has no info about it...

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Hi, Same for me as well. I sent last sunday and i got an email on Monday with focus on Afganisthan cases and they take few emergency cases.

My DM was June 29th 2021
hello i received the same reply twice in different days. for same inquiry that i sent back on Aug 20 one reply in on 29 aug and second reply yeterday.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guys, I think I partially understood why the priority for oath is given to some but not to others.
On one hand, there is info about an applicant that never expires, e.g. language knowledge, citizenship test, physical presence...
On the other hand, some info has an expiry date, like criminality (it's not shown on the tracker but you can see it on the GCMS notes).

So I think, before inviting an applicant for oath, IRCC is looking at the expiration dates of the "perishable" info about an applicant. If this info is expired or about to expire, they request this info again from the police for example in order to refresh. This is when an applicant waits.
An applicant also waits if the expiry date of some info is far away in the future. In this case, the applicant is considered a low priority because there are others who have checks expiring soon...
That's probably why IRCC wanted to process routing applications within a year in the pre-COVID era, they want applicants to finish everything bafore some of the cheks expire. This also explains why 2021 applicants are processed with good speed...

BTW, my GCMS notes say that the second criminality check was run on Apr 2021 with validity till Apr 2022. The tracker has no info about it...
When was your first background check completed? Was it exactly 1 year before the second one?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Another July 2020 applicant for Nov 12th
Happy for them, but beyond angry at our situation. I know life isn't fair, but this is some BS, preferring more recent applicants to us. It's like waiting an hour to be served at a restaurant and watching tables come in after you, order, eat their food, pay and leave and you still haven't gotten your glass of water, yet.