+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

usefuluser

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just had to look up that word, haha - congrats! As usual, the waiting continues...
I have same status as you (gave test on April 21, 2021, decision made in July and everything Completed on status tracker).

I submitted GCMS notes request today. I know it will not do anything to get the oath.

newcanuck21

Sep 27, 2021
There hasn't been any new test invite or oath invite this week in Montreal, did anyone else notice this? Maybe they are not processing Citizenship files this week because of internal events in the transition to new minister?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
There hasn't been any new test invite or oath invite this week in Montreal, did anyone else notice this? Maybe they are not processing Citizenship files this week because of internal events in the transition to new minister?
I don't see reason to interrupt services because of transition. The Montreal office works in a mysterious way. There were few invites

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Here is another one, Dec 2019 applicant

Received Oath invite on citizenship status application for November 18, 2021!

I didn't get the email yet.

Montreal office.

Reactions: chs

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hey I’ma March 2021 online applicant , I got my test invite from Mtl Cen office on Oct 19. I did my test on Oct 21 & test updated to complete on oct 22. The rest of my fields in the tracker are still in progress. How are you saying non-routine applications are sent to Montreal central?

I have applied for urgent processing & Scarborough office has emailed Montreal central office st least two times so far saying “Hey Montreal, file is at your office. Please process “.

I don’t get why my application is sent here as I’m based out of Toronto with Scarborough being my primary office. :|
I applied from Toronto as well (Online application) and I got my test invitation from Montreal as well (email id reads as DN Cen MTL C-------).
Does this mean my file was sent to Montreal? and I wonder why?

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I applied from Toronto as well (Online application) and I got my test invitation from Montreal as well (email id reads as DN Cen MTL C-------).
Because Montreal office sitting with zero files has nothing to do, other offices are offloading to them!

• Haha
Reactions: RoseDB

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
I think that there will be a sort of handoff of our files back to Scarborough/GTA offices after they check the physical presence/language etc., Anyway have you received test complete?

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I think that there will be a sort of handoff of our files back to Scarborough/GTA offices after they check the physical presence/language etc., Anyway have you received test complete?
May be.
Yes, my test status is updated to complete. It was done today.

SKC_Montreal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
I have a situation. My wife's back ground checks are all complete including test few months ago (End of July 2021) but the application status showed "In Progress". She currently waiting for her Oath ceremony. She is a December 2020 Montreal applicant. Now, I am moving to states for my job and taking her on visitor visa. Do I need to change her address in the application or let it be like that?

Can she do Oath ceremony while she was in States or does she have to fly back here, finish all Oath formalities, wait for certificate, apply for Passport etc?

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
I am from Montréal and got oath invitation. I had applied in July 2020.

Reactions: happysheep

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I am from Montréal and got oath invitation. I had applied in July 2020.
Congratulations! You can say goodbye to CIC after oath:)
Would you mind to share some your time line?
I applied on July 7th 2020, DM on July 5th 2021 and still waiting for the oath :’(

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I have a situation. My wife's back ground checks are all complete including test few months ago (End of July 2021) but the application status showed "In Progress". She currently waiting for her Oath ceremony. She is a December 2020 Montreal applicant. Now, I am moving to states for my job and taking her on visitor visa. Do I need to change her address in the application or let it be like that?

Can she do Oath ceremony while she was in States or does she have to fly back here, finish all Oath formalities, wait for certificate, apply for Passport etc?

Currently test can be done outside Canada, but oath must be taken within Canada even it’s online ceremony

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Currently test can be done outside Canada, but oath must be taken within Canada even it’s online ceremony
There are some signs it can taken from outside. First didn't allow tests from outside, then they allowed it. Second, they didn't allow interviews from outside, then they allowed it. If they can address the certificate delivery aboard issue, I don't see why they won't allow the oath from outside Canada. No one reported this yet, but no one requested it also, I believe, because everyone thinks it must be taken from within Canada.

• Wow
Reactions: chs

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020

As for now, the oath has to be taken in Canada.

I don't think IRCC is interested in your address AFTER the date the application was signed. Informing CIC about an address change is meant primarily for your convenience. In case if they decide to send a mail instead of an email and there will be nobody to pick it up, or they will email that your oath is tomorrow but you cannot come to Canada quickly, it's gonna be your problem.
If asked later, your wife can always say that she is in the US temporarily, on a visitors visa meaning that she is NOT at home, so didn't feel like changing home address...
From my point of view, the address change would slow down your application a bit.

What I would do: I would just go to the US without telling IRCC but I would be ready to travel back to Canada the next day if asked.

This is just my personal opinion. Do not consider it as advice or recommendation.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoseDB