+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
We have decision made in our applications since July 2021 first week, still do not have any updates on oath ceremony. Is there any way we can bring this issue to Montreal mayor since federal elections are approaching ? Just a thought ...
Mayor? Her job doesn't involve immigration. You best bet is the minister of immigration, but he would tell you to be patient

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Test cleared on 15 june, all status updated as complete 22 June . DM in ECMS , awaiting for oath since then ..this is really a bummer …

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Test cleared on 15 june, all status updated as complete 22 June . DM in ECMS , awaiting for oath since then ..this is really a bummer …
Hello Friend... I remember you from our days of PR via QSW...
Welcome to the club here again...

I am 7 days behind you of DM. i.e 29-June..... Let's hope for the best :)

Reactions: poisonapple

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
Someone said in a Facebook group that he had missed his oath in 2019 before the Covid, and he get no news until then, frankly, Montreal office is very very strange.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Is it possible that QC decides how many citizens they will take every year, and this is why they delay many applications?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/montreal-haitian-group-urges-ottawa-to-speed-up-immigration-files-for-quake-victims/ar-AANo6K3?ocid=winp1taskbar

So I was reading this article and found something very interesting :_

Marjorie Villefranche says that in many cases, people have already met the criteria to come to Canada but their files have been stalled because of bureaucratic delays that can sometimes take years.

What could be those bureaucratic delays ???
Simply the process of approving applications I assume. But I doubt this is just bureaucratic. IRCC seems to intentionally delay some applications without any justification. I am sure if IRCC were taken to the court for the delayed cases, it would be found many of these delays are illegal because they were based on feelings and not objective measures.

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Simply the process of approving applications I assume. But I doubt this is just bureaucratic. IRCC seems to intentionally delay some applications without any justification. I am sure if IRCC were taken to the court for the delayed cases, it would be found many of these delays are illegal because they were based on feelings and not objective measures.
Well the ppl with DM and all status completed can take them to court.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Well the ppl with DM and all status completed can take them to court.
I wish it could be true. It will work 100% in the US but not here. The government in Canada is everything. I think the lawyers here cannot do a thing against the government.
Take traffic violations as an example. Here tickets can not be appealed (at least in QC), even the police officer who pulled you over doesn't have to be present in the court. If you have a good lawyer in the US though, you can easily go home not guilty...

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I wish it could be true. It will work 100% in the US but not here. The government in Canada is everything. I think the lawyers here cannot do a thing against the government.
Take traffic violations as an example. Here tickets can not be appealed (at least in QC), even the police officer who pulled you over doesn't have to be present in the court. If you have a good lawyer in the US though, you can easily go home not guilty...
Actually not the government but the bureaucracy is everything here , a maafia -none can touch.

God Bless America ! A great country .

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hello Friend... I remember you from our days of PR via QSW...
Welcome to the club here again...

I am 7 days behind you of DM. i.e 29-June..... Let's hope for the best :)
Good to see you again ..I hope now we don’t have to wait till fed elections are over

Reactions: NMontD

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Question : Anyone past the 90 days time frame since the test results updated?

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?

Due to COVID-19, we
In most cases, the ceremony takes place within three months after you pass the test. We'll give you the results of your test right after you take it.
If your application is non-routine, we may ask you to go to a hearing with a citizenship officer or judge, even after you pass the test. We'll send you a letter after the hearing to let you know:
  • what the officer or judge decided
  • the date of your ceremony (if your application was approved)
Get your citizenship ceremony date
About 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location. The ceremony will usually take place within 3 months after your test.

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
Question : Anyone past the 90 days time frame since the test results updated?

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?

Due to COVID-19, we
In most cases, the ceremony takes place within three months after you pass the test. We'll give you the results of your test right after you take it.
If your application is non-routine, we may ask you to go to a hearing with a citizenship officer or judge, even after you pass the test. We'll send you a letter after the hearing to let you know:
  • what the officer or judge decided
  • the date of your ceremony (if your application was approved)
Get your citizenship ceremony date
About 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location. The ceremony will usually take place within 3 months after your test.
I took my test in March