+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
FWIW I have two colleagues who got their invites in the last two weeks, both for oath in September. They both applied in early 2020, about 7 months after I did… they both passed their tests in late June and early July.
Yes. This is how IRCC maintains these 12 months of processing time:
One person has 18 months from submission to DM. Another - 6 months. This gives an average of 12 months...

Do not forget that your application is considered fully processed now. The time when you wait for the oath does not count, even if it's one year or longer:
"Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it."

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hey guys,

I gave the test on April 21, 2021 and I have the following status in the tracker.

How much time its taking these days to get the passport once oath is completed?

Also on CIC status site, its decision made, nothing for past 3 months.
  • Language skills activity status updated to Completed
  • Prohibitions activity status updated to Completed
  • Physical presence activity status updated to Completed
  • Citizenship test activity status updated to Completed
  • Background verification activity status updated to Completed

Passport is a separate process. You should think about getting an oath date.

There isn't a standard timeline for oath. Depending on your file and your office, it could take a couple of months before you are scheduled for oath. Currently, some offices are scheduling oath dates that are 2 - 3 months in the future.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
So I applied today with a new application from Montreal while one is already in process from past 2 years lol lets see how this new one goes.

• Haha
Reactions: Orgcom

k1tsune

Jan 8, 2021
I applied in January 2021 in Montréal and I did the online test 1 month ago. Really sad to hear from you guys waiting for the test since 2019 :(

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I applied in January 2021 in Montréal and I did the online test 1 month ago. Really sad to hear from you guys waiting for the test since 2019 :(
I did the test in 2020 Jan but due to some reason my file has been stuck in residency verification. I think i missed some dates so instead they take 3 to 4 years to process my application i rather apply a new one.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I did the test in 2020 Jan but due to some reason my file has been stuck in residency verification. I think i missed some dates so instead they take 3 to 4 years to process my application i rather apply a new one.
I thought you're joking about the second application... Good luck then!

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
When we will hear from us on oath-taking email or status update from Montreal office? :(

Anyone applied in 2020 have received the Oath invitation from Montreal office

• Sad
Reactions: chris_py

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
When we will hear from us on oath-taking email or status update from Montreal office? :(

Anyone applied in 2020 have received the Oath invitation from Montreal office
It looks like Montreal is waiting for something... They might want to restart in-person ceremonies after the transition to official vaccination passports...

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
It looks like Montreal is waiting for something... They might want to restart in-person ceremonies after the transition to official vaccination passports...
I like that postive vibe you are keeping but to tell u the truth i doubt that is the case. I think IRCC officers in Montreal are just working on and off and most of the times off because on the news it says 4th wave is looming in Quebec.

In-person ceremonies is the decision of Federal not provincial so unless Federal gives the nod there would be no ceremonies.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Why is it so weird with Montreal? Lol. Im really trying to think of "valid" possibilities for the non action but im coming up short.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Why is it so weird with Montreal? Lol. Im really trying to think of "valid" possibilities for the non action but im coming up short.
There is only one possibility:-

Due to COVID-19, we’re experiencing processing delays. We’re prioritizing applications for IRCC officers who are planning for a vacation to the caribbeans under code 699.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I think proportionally there's less people from the Montreal office in these forums than from other offices. I know four people in the process that are not in here, two of them received oath invites in the last few weeks.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I think proportionally there's less people from the Montreal office in these forums than from other offices. I know four people in the process that are not in here, two of them received oath invites in the last few weeks.
glad to hear that. Do you know when did they applied

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
glad to hear that. Do you know when did they applied
January and February 2020. They had their DMs in late June and early July 2021 respectively. One of them was asked for FP and neither had interviews or passport request.

Edit: I mistakenly said their tests were June and July, that's actually their DMs. I don't remember when their tests happened, but I guess about a month or two prior to that.