rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Reactions: luvtrump

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Oh I was referring to the 2019 one. Also I think someone in the different thread wrote that s/he received an oath this week.
Not a problem. If you refer 2020, there are hardly from Montreal have received the oath request

chris_py

Jul 31, 2021
I just read a Facebook post where it took an urgent processing candidate almost a year to get her citizenship.
Does anyone know what's up with the IRCC Montreal?
One thing I found about the Montreal office is that it only sends the invitation (or updates the tracker) just before the ceremony. Quite surprised that Ontario offices now send invitations scheduled in November.

Last edited:

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I just read a Facebook post where it took an urgent processing candidate almost a year to get her citizenship.
One thing I found about the Montreal office is that it only sends the invitation (or updates the tracker) just before the ceremony. Quite surprised that Ontario offices now send invitations scheduled in November.
Looks like this is a systemic problem…

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/permanent-residents-in-canada-left-in-the-dark-as-feds-dawdle-with-processing-times-1.5532385

Last edited:

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
FWIW I have two colleagues who got their invites in the last two weeks, both for oath in September. They both applied in early 2020, about 7 months after I did… they both passed their tests in late June and early July.

usefuluser

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys,

I gave the test on April 21, 2021 and I have the following status in the tracker.

How much time its taking these days to get the passport once oath is completed?

Also on CIC status site, its decision made, nothing for past 3 months.
  • Language skills activity status updated to Completed
  • Prohibitions activity status updated to Completed
  • Physical presence activity status updated to Completed
  • Citizenship test activity status updated to Completed
  • Background verification activity status updated to Completed

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
hey guys,

I gave the test on April 21, 2021 and I have the following status in the tracker.

How much time its taking these days to get the passport once oath is completed?

Also on CIC status site, its decision made, nothing for past 3 months.
  • Language skills activity status updated to Completed
  • Prohibitions activity status updated to Completed
  • Physical presence activity status updated to Completed
  • Citizenship test activity status updated to Completed
  • Background verification activity status updated to Completed

Congrats! Do not think about the Certificate just yet. Enjoy the membership in the "forgotten people - oath waiters" group... ;)