+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone from europe?

Nayru21

Oct 21, 2020
I still have no news either, I am starting to have doubts. And I cant even send a web form to complain, I don’t plan on leaving before January. I just want to be relieved and be able to plan the journey...
The link for the web form is in the account when you check your file ? Or on Canada.ca ? Thank you !

oliviabb

Oct 26, 2020
I still have no news either, I am starting to have doubts. And I cant even send a web form to complain, I don’t plan on leaving before January. I just want to be relieved and be able to plan the journey...
The link for the web form is in the account when you check your file ? Or on Canada.ca ? Thank you !
I've sent them several emails they do not reply anything important other than you application is in process and we will do our best to finilize it... It is an automatic email... I have applied since May 11th from Greece , June 1st biometrics, August 13th AIP and my university is in the list... It is so annoying they do not give an answer... You can find the web form if you just google it!

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
What's even more annoying to me is that there is no logical order to how the applications are processed.

I can't use the forum as a 'tracker' to see where my application could be in the queue.

Stupid question but could it be that they are handling with the name of the approved DLI in order and I'm just last as I go to York? I know nobody knows for sure but just curious.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I asked for the GCMS notes and they told me that my approval is on the final stage but as my institute is not on the DLI list yet they won't give me the final approval! Anyone has any idea that when the new institute will add to the DLI list? because my college (Humber) told me that they got the final approval to be on the list but the government has not add the new institutes to the list yet.

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
H
I asked for the GCMS notes and they told me that my approval is on the final stage but as my institute is not on the DLI list yet they won't give me the final approval! Anyone has any idea that when the new institute will add to the DLI list? because my college (Humber) told me that they got the final approval to be on the list but the government has not add the new institutes to the list yet.
Hi, please when did Humber tell you that they where approved cause they replied me earlier this week with this message “The Government is approving institutions across Canada on a bi-weekly basis and we anticipate that Humber College will be approved in the near future. Humber has developed and submitted a comprehensive COVID-19 Readiness Plan, and we are currently waiting for our provincial and federal Governments to approve the plan.”

Nayru21

Oct 21, 2020
What's even more annoying to me is that there is no logical order to how the applications are processed.

I can't use the forum as a 'tracker' to see where my application could be in the queue.

Stupid question but could it be that they are handling with the name of the approved DLI in order and I'm just last as I go to York? I know nobody knows for sure but just curious.
It’s not dependant of the DLI name, some of the people I know going to the same school as me got their LI, and they completed their file (last step for us is biometrics) even after me ! I really can’t see any logic.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
H

Hi, please when did Humber tell you that they where approved cause they replied me earlier this week with this message “The Government is approving institutions across Canada on a bi-weekly basis and we anticipate that Humber College will be approved in the near future. Humber has developed and submitted a comprehensive COVID-19 Readiness Plan, and we are currently waiting for our provincial and federal Governments to approve the plan.”
Hi, I have a friend at the student union over there, he told me that

DCA

Sep 14, 2020
Hello guys.
I would like to inform you that today I got my Letter of study permit approval and biometrics validation. I applied from Greece on June 19, did my biometrics on 29 june and got AIP 27 August. I hope you get your approvals soon!! Have a nice day!
Yey! Congrats! :)
Is your institution on the DLIs list?
Mine sadly is not yet...

Last edited:
Reactions: nk1

DCA

Sep 14, 2020
I totally hear you.
I just don't think it's a good idea to keep sending them web forms. It could perhaps "bother" them and put you in hold for longer.

But I actually have sent a couple of emails to the embassy, and got replied every time in a few hours.
Every country works differently, even here in EU it seems. In my case, I was told that I may travel to CA once obtained the POE-letter, after submitting my pass to a VAC of my choice.

Last edited:

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Do you need to send your passport for the stamp since you have the LOI or you will give all the documents to the officer in the port of entry?
No, I dont need to send my passport for stamping as I'm EU citizen. I will receive my study permit in the port of entry.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
hello Guys
Since some of you got the letter of study permit approval, my question is what you are going to do next ? when you are moving to go Canada. And will your institute provide you a quarantine plan or will you arrange your own accommodation. Is anyone from you going to move in few weeks ? @Bishops2020 @marlin_1264 @AH410 @ChemIsr etc... And please share what is the plan of your college or uni for you

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
hello Guys
Since some of you got the letter of study permit approval, my question is what you are going to do next ? when you are moving to go Canada. And will your institute provide you a quarantine plan or will you arrange your own accommodation. Is anyone from you going to move in few weeks ? @Bishops2020 @marlin_1264 @AH410 @ChemIsr etc... And please share what is the plan of your college or uni for you
Going beginning January, going into the designated quarantine residence, quarantine plan was written in July and daughter can update it herself as soon as she gets the finer details of the bus departure times. You should write your own quarantine plan as it's you who is quarantining.

Reactions: nk1