+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone from europe?

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Guys I finally got approved, letter of introduction and biometrics letter arrived together. Still cannot believe it after close to 7 Months of Anxiety. Checked it twice to see if it was real lol.

For anyone who's interested in my details:

Biometrics done in July 2019, for earlier study year.
Applied from the Netherlands as a Dutch Citizen, ETA so no TRV/Passport Stamping, VAC interaction...
No medical required
Applied in April 2020, AIP in August (letter send over e-mail), fall 2020 intake.

Very happy!
Congratulations!!!!

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Ofcourse you can book one way ticket. May I ask you where you are going to stay ? I mean in a hotel or your own accommodation for quarantine. I'm confused. I find hotels very expensive while staying with relatives or with other tenants is also risky and border service can reject you from entering the country.
Daughter is staying with n university residence, it's 240 dollars extra for 14 days food delivery on top of usual residence fees.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Daughter is staying with n university residence, it's 240 dollars extra for 14 days food delivery on top of usual residence fees.
My college does not provide residence at college but hotels. I'm thinking of living in a rent private room but the washroom and kitchen will be shared with other tenants. Do you think the border service will not let me enter the country?

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Ofcourse you can book one way ticket. May I ask you where you are going to stay ? I mean in a hotel or your own accommodation for quarantine. I'm confused. I find hotels very expensive while staying with relatives or with other tenants is also risky and border service can reject you from entering the country.
Cool :) I will stay at my uncle's house and he and his wife will move to his daughter's house for two weeks :l and of course they asked from the airport and they told them that no one can come and pick me up from the airport unless that person goes to quarantine with me as well lol

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Guys what you think would it be ok if I stay in a private room and the kitchen and washroom will be shared ? I will do my covid test before going there. Do you know if the are doing tests at airports?

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Guys what you think would it be ok if I stay in a private room and the kitchen and washroom will be shared ? I will do my covid test before going there. Do you know if the are doing tests at airports?
I don't know about the test at the airport but one of my friend went to the Canada yesterday from London and he told me that no one asked for a Corona test's result at the airport! He went to his fiance's home and quarantine over there with her family. Definitely they share the kitchen and bathroom. The border control officers asked him about his quarantine plan and approved it so I think you also can stay in a provate room with share kitchen.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
I don't know about the test at the airport but one of my friend went to the Canada yesterday from London and he told me that no one asked for a Corona test's result at the airport! He went to his fiance's home and quarantine over there with her family. Definitely they share the kitchen and bathroom. The border control officers asked him about his quarantine plan and approved it so I think you also can stay in a provate room with share kitchen.
Thank you. You're response is very helpful

Reactions: Sad93

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Hello guys
Do you know if international students have to do covid test after 14 day quarantine?

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Hello guys
I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to ask you something. Actually, I was applying today for Social Insurance Number. I started my application and unfortunately my laptop shut down suddenly and my application was processed but I was not able to see the SIN application number. I was unsure so I applied again. Now the issue is there are two SIN application processed by me. What can I do? How to cancel the first one? Will it be an issue. I'm in Canada right now and I'm quarantining. Kindly let me know if anyone has knowledge about this issue. Thanks

nik7484

Jul 31, 2018
Hello guys
I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to ask you something. Actually, I was applying today for Social Insurance Number. I started my application and unfortunately my laptop shut down suddenly and my application was processed but I was not able to see the SIN application number. I was unsure so I applied again. Now the issue is there are two SIN application processed by me. What can I do? How to cancel the first one? Will it be an issue. I'm in Canada right now and I'm quarantining. Kindly let me know if anyone has knowledge about this issue. Thanks
Find the nearest 'Service Canada' or call them on phone, explain your situation. It may take a while, so find your time.
If it doesn't work, try doing it online.