+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone decided to change their program due to no slot available in January 2023 intake?

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi, would like to have some opinions and also some suggestions regarding changing of program before entering Canada.

my concern is, will my chances for visa approval be effected when I am about to enter Canada if I change my program now?

my visa currently is still on stamping and I got my letter of introduction already

pls help and advise pls

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
If you are changing the program and you havent, i suggest you to change it wihtin canada, the processing will be shorter than current timeline. But if you plan on doing it before than you have to inform IRCC with new study plan and justification and they will reevaluate you application.

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
If you are changing the program and you havent, i suggest you to change it wihtin canada, the processing will be shorter than current timeline. But if you plan on doing it before than you have to inform IRCC with new study plan and justification and they will reevaluate you application.
Ok..thanks for your clarification. After much consideration, I think I will just defer my intake to May 2023 rather than taking the risk..because currently I am still outside of Canada. Thanks for your time spend to reply

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Best decision cause its just a few more months. Besides you dont need to inform IRCC if you start the program within 150 days from its commencement date. Mostly student who are sure of their visa based on their profile with this info start their first semester online.
But in your case I believe due to visa processing delay you the seats for your intake and completed and you are told to defer (i guess). So better to defer and inform with new LOA.
no problem