+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied PR Application - Pretoria Visa Office?

JM_2015A

Dec 1, 2015
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2016
Hi,
Mine is EE-PNP,
Today I recevied an email from Pretoria VO asking for
1. Provincial nomination letter
2. Schedule 4

Both, I have faxed and also planing to drop them in their office. Anyone has the expreeince of visiting Pretoria VO.

Thanks.

Sogor

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
All of us are waiting for the feedback am I will be 12 weeks too no feeback, this is for the visitor visa just wanna know why they are slow?

Squire

Sep 27, 2016
Nothing for me at this point. 12 Weeks waiting for my work permit today.

Temporary Residence Visa (Visitor, Business...) should not take more than 30 days. Mine was approved in 2 weeks last year and I have been to Canada twice since then. I cannot see why a TRV would take more than a month, you should follow up.

As soon as I receive news on my application for the work permit I will update this thread.

Sogor

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
You're right the TRV can not takes more than a months, I don't know why they are slow I thought the processing time of ( work permit, visitor visa, study permit) was less then a month in August so why it's going more than one month?

shado

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JM_2015A said:
Hi,
Mine is EE-PNP,
Today I recevied an email from Pretoria VO asking for
1. Provincial nomination letter
2. Schedule 4

Both, I have faxed and also planing to drop them in their office. Anyone has the expreeince of visiting Pretoria VO.

Thanks.
Hi JM,

So you are August AOR and they are asking Sch 4 now? I am Sep AOR and they requested those 2 things a week and half ago.
And then they replied it's kept in a queue. I didn't fax, neither went to submit at CHC Pretoria. I uploaded them in my EE profile. Didn't you upload them in your EE eAPR application?

I asked CHC and they replied that there is no need to courier it to them. Just uploading into EE is fine.

Let me know your progress JM...

shado

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sogor said:
You're right the TRV can not takes more than a months, I don't know why they are slow I thought the processing time of ( work permit, visitor visa, study permit) was less then a month in August so why it's going more than one month?
My wife applied study via through Pretoria in July and it took 9 solid weeks.

shado

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sogor said:
Did she get her study visa
Yes she got it. She got additional documents request and PPR together.

Squire

Sep 27, 2016
Sogor said:
According to the CIC website the processing times for South Africans applying at Pretoria as of the 31st October 2016 are as follows:

Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor, Business etc...) - 25 Days
Work Permit - 17 Weeks
Study Permit - 17 Weeks
Express Entry (PNP) - 6 Months

We are still waiting for feedback on our Work Permit application, 13 weeks this coming Friday!

peter19722

Jul 15, 2013
Pretoria Visa office is quiet and very low efficient , some that applied for PR since 2014 are yet to get PPR despite medical done and even expired.

I wonder what the officers are doing and why so slow to take decision.

Sogor

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
I don't know why my visitor visa is taking long almost 3 months is there a chance to get the visa?

Squire

Sep 27, 2016
Sogor said:
I don't know why my visitor visa is taking long almost 3 months is there a chance to get the visa?
You are past the average processing time by a long long time, you should either visit the high commission, send them a fax, email or letter via registered post. These are the only forms of communication they accept. They will not assist over the phone.

shado

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sogor said:
Oh my word :eek:

You can email Pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca about your application.
They usually reply in 10 to 12 days.