+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied between 10th-20thOct SDS

Saini95

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Is there a way other then web form to contact the IRCC regarding this as the process has exceeded the processing time ?
I don't think so, i i ha tried every way, literally every way i can think of, calling them, mailing them, but nothing works, all you need to do is just wait

Ankita1007

Star Member
Oct 5, 2019
I don't think so, i i ha tried every way, literally every way i can think of, calling them, mailing them, but nothing works, all you need to do is just wait
Yeah.. Apart from webform there's nothing at all
We can all just wait and update each other
All the best guys :)

sunoj12

Nov 11, 2019
Hi guys, my student visa timeline is

1. Submitted application on 19th October
2. Gave biometrics on 23rd October
3. Medicals was updated on 29th October
4. Then only update is processing application
5. Today 11 November, my dad received a call from Canadian embassy verifying my details and about his job and tenure at his company. They also asked whether I received visa to which he replied no. (I don't know why they would ask such a question)

Still waiting. However, the 20th calendar day after my biometrics is tomorrow 12th November.

Reactions: Draig

Nbcube

Nov 11, 2019
Hi Draig,

I have been one of the applicant who has applied between 10th to 20th of October, 2019, my profile is quite similar to yours. Below are my timelines, hope this would be relevant to you.

Academics :

10th Marks : 83.4% Completed in 2006.
12th Marks : 70% Completed in 2008.
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering : 66.4% Completed in 2012 with 2 backlogs, cleared in subsequent year with in the allotted course time.
IELTS Score : Overall 7.5, Reading : 7.5 , Writing :6.0, Listening : 8.5, Speaking : 7.0.

Professional :

2012-Current : Worked in different firms in the relevant field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Lighting, Controls, Semiconductor, Solar Power, Design etc) without any gap.

Applied Courses

MASc Waterloo : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2018 Intake. (Rejected)
MASc Waterloo : Electrical and Computer Engineering for January 2019 Intake. (Rejected)
MEng McMaster : Electrical and Computer Engineering for January 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)

Didn't get my profile evaluated from any professional, so was not aware of the academic standing required to get through the top colleges.

Finally got consultation from IDP, New Delhi , and started with applying for Masters course which i has some hope of getting admitted to based on my profile, but again was rejected.

MEng Ryerson : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)
MEng Carleton : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)
MEng UOIT : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)

Eventually, I shifted my focus on to the Post Graduate Certificate Course relevant to my field of interest and after studying the curriculum of available courses, i opted for " Applied Electrical Motion and Control Management " from Conestoga College for January, 2020 Intake, which was approved with in a week of application submission.

Visa Application Procedure :

1st Application.

Mode : SDS Online.
Application Date : September 12, 2019.
Biometrics Collection Letter Received : September 13, 2019.
Medical Passed : September 20, 2019.
Biometrics Given: September 22, 2019. (Morning)
Biometrics Correspondence Letter Received : September 22, 2019. (Evening)
Refusal Letter Received : September 22, 2019. (Night)
Profile Updated to Refused : September 23, 2019.

Reason for Rejection :

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

2. Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.

After getting the first rejection, i took my time to redraft the SOP from scratch putting in as much relevant points to get my future plans clearly conveyed to the VISA Officer, relevancy of the course for the future growth and to establish my connection to my homeland. I got professional help this time around to draft the SOP, but all the relevant points and the future plans was given by me, which they drafted professionally in the SOP format.

2nd Application.

Application Date : October 17, 2019.
Medical Passed : October 24, 2019.
Ghost Update 1 : October 26, 2019
Ghost Update 2 : November 4, 2019
Biometrics Correspondence Letter Received : November 10, 2019
Passport Request : November 11, 2019.

I seriously wish you would get yours too very soon.

vaibhav7789

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
Hi Draig,

I have been one of the applicant who has applied between 10th to 20th of October, 2019, my profile is quite similar to yours. Below are my timelines, hope this would be relevant to you.

Academics :

B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering : 66.4% Completed in 2012 with 2 backlogs, cleared in subsequent year with in the allotted course time.
IELTS Score : Overall 7.5, Reading : 7.5 , Writing :6.0, Listening : 8.5, Speaking : 7.0.

Professional :

2012-Current : Worked in different firms in the relevant field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Lighting, Controls, Semiconductor, Solar Power, Design etc) without any gap.

Applied Courses

MASc Waterloo : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2018 Intake. (Rejected)
MASc Waterloo : Electrical and Computer Engineering for January 2019 Intake. (Rejected)
MEng McMaster : Electrical and Computer Engineering for January 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)

Didn't get my profile evaluated from any professional, so was not aware of the academic standing required to get through the top colleges.

Finally got consultation from IDP, New Delhi , and started with applying for Masters course which i has some hope of getting admitted to based on my profile, but again was rejected.

MEng Ryerson : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)
MEng Carleton : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)
MEng UOIT : Electrical and Computer Engineering for September 2019 Intake. ( Rejected)

Eventually, I shifted my focus on to the Post Graduate Certificate Course relevant to my field of interest and after studying the curriculum of available courses, i opted for " Applied Electrical Motion and Control Management " from Conestoga College for January, 2020 Intake, which was approved with in a week of application submission.

1st Application.

Reason for Rejection :

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

2. Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.

After getting the first rejection, i took my time to redraft the SOP from scratch putting in as much relevant points to get my future plans clearly conveyed to the VISA Officer, relevancy of the course for the future growth and to establish my connection to my homeland. I got professional help this time around to draft the SOP, but all the relevant points and the future plans was given by me, which they drafted professionally in the SOP format.

2nd Application.

Congratulations brother ..
Can you mail me your sop ?

Draig

Sep 27, 2014
Mumbai,India
Visa Office......
VFS MUMBAI
App. Filed.......
18/19/2019
Med's Done....
17/10/2014
Hi Draig,

Academics :

Professional :

Applied Courses

1st Application.

Reason for Rejection :

2nd Application.

Thanks for being such a helpful person and willingly sharing it with us, appreciate it. Good luck for ur life in Canada, I am sure you will do great.

Nbcube

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for being such a helpful person and willingly sharing it with us, appreciate it. Good luck for ur life in Canada, I am sure you will do great.
I regularly visit this forum and it has really helped me out with the procedures and most importantly in getting to know what a VISA officer is looking for while review a SOP. It is just that i have registered today so as to put out this information. This is the least i could have done, i am quite sure this would be of some use to others out here, as how others posts were for me.

ashys2012

Jul 22, 2017
Hi Draig,

Academics :

Professional :

Applied Courses

1st Application.

Reason for Rejection :

2nd Application.

Congrats Bro...
#hope

Rajwinder singh brar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Congratulations
Hi Draig,

Academics :

Professional :

Applied Courses

1st Application.

Reason for Rejection :

2nd Application.

congratulations plz send your sop on brarraj1444@gmail.com

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Oct 07 - Upfront medical.
Oct 16 - Online SDS application.
Oct 18 - Biometrics updated, medical passed, background check started.
Nov 04 - Embassy asked for all my transcripts and mark-sheets, which I uploaded few hours later.

No further updates received. Eligibility review has not started yet.

Does anybody know how long do they take to respond to CSE submissions? I plan to inquire about the status of my application as it surpassed the normal processing time since 3 days ago.
They have just started reviewing my eligibility, I didn't get any email notification but I was able to see the update in my GCKey account. Hopefully it won't take them more than 2 days to finalize this review and give a final decision.

Good luck everyone!

Draig

Sep 27, 2014
Mumbai,India
Visa Office......
VFS MUMBAI
App. Filed.......
18/19/2019
Med's Done....
17/10/2014
They have just started reviewing my eligibility, I didn't get any email notification but I was able to see the update in my GCKey account. Hopefully it won't take them more than 2 days to finalize this review and give a final decision.

Good luck everyone!
Mine is under eligibility review since 29th Oct :(

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Mine is under eligibility review since 29th Oct :(
Sorry bro that sucks. I don't know if they're overwhelmed with cases or if your embassy is taking longer to finish the review, which might cause such delays. Anyways, hang in there, you'll hear the final verdict soon, hopefully by the end of this week.

Reactions: Draig

Draig

Sep 27, 2014
Mumbai,India
Visa Office......
VFS MUMBAI
App. Filed.......
18/19/2019
Med's Done....
17/10/2014
Most people I know with my timeline got their decisions on the last week of October. It’s just few of us stuck till now.

Reactions: ashys2012