+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

jensor08

Oct 13, 2019
th
The minimum funds to show for you is 10k CAD, for spouse/2nd family member is 4k CAD, then 3k CAD for each additional family member. Note that above amount is good for 1 year living expenses only. Technically above amount is the minimum requirement regardless if you will take a 2 yr or more program however it may be best to show (if kaya) either the minimum or more amount good for 2 years if its a 2 year program or show the source of income for the succeeding y
We applied for Student (me), OWP (my wife), TRV for 2 kids also (9 and 15). For our first application, we showed about CAD20,000. But when we got refused, it was indicated in the GCMS notes that we didn't show enough funds. In our second application, we showed about CAD50,000. We got approved this time around. (The funds available was not the only reason why we were refused in our first application, we had to address all reasons. The funding was just 1 of them.)
naku sobrang laki pa pala ng need ko. thanks for the info

CherryAM

Oct 30, 2019
Hi, I used my BDO Dollar Account. I went to my branch and filled out the telegraphic form myself. The tellers there didn't know what to check also so I just filled out the form and copied the instructions from the Scotia Bank email. I haven't tried sending online but I think the teller needs to be the one to input the details in the system for you. If you have access to a local BDO branch, maybe you can have someone email the form to you to fill out and submit this to your bank? Or maybe you can ask the bank branch mismo so you can process the transfer? Initially, I had apprehension na baka may mali akong nasulat or part na hindi na-fill out. I was told that I'd be informed kung unsuccessful yung transfer but within the week, I got the email na from Scotia Bank. I have my copy of the telegraphic transfer form that I can share but it will take time because I have to type that out kasi copy lang (so medyo unreadable) plus I have to blur out my details. :)
Hello po when filling up the bdo form nilagay nyo sa name nyo yung middle name? sa GIC application ko kasi Name and surname lang. Mag cause po kaya ng problem yun? Thank you.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Good day po. Meron po bang nagsubmit ng online regular app this year? Ask ko po kung sa Manila office or sa Edmonton siya pinrocess.

Sa SDS alam ko po kasi sa Edmonton pinrocess. Have been refused twice as SDS, and am considering either regular online or paper based this time. Thank you po!

Reactions: ErikaLouise

cftos

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2021
Med's Done....
22-01-2021
Passport Req..
02-04-2021
Nakapag-inquire na po ako sa Centennial College for Global Business Management and I learned na hindi pala ako qualified sa program kaya I changed my program to Business - Supply Chain and Operations, haha. Meron po bang may plans to apply for September 2020 sa Centennial here?

spunsnow

Oct 8, 2019
Hello everyone, meron na ba nakapag bayad sa school ng tuition from BDO? Usually gaano katagal siya bago ko malaman na confirmed/accepted na yung payment ko? Salamat po and God bless!
Hello, BDO thru CIBC for me. I got the confirmation email from them a day after. Didn’t get any from the school and had to manually check my student account for it.

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Good morning everyone...ask lang ako..if may passport request na ba, is it safe to assume na approved na ang application for study permit?

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
SDS, Online, DIY
Profile: 1st batch k12, currently enrolled 2nd year Business Course at a University in Katipunan

Oct 25 - submitted application
Oct 26- confirmation of submission
- request for Biometrics
Oct 29 - submitted Biometrics
- biometrics update in account
Nov 02 - Medical update, passed
Nov 04 - Correspondence Letter
- Request for Passport

Is it safe to assume that my daughter’s application for study permit is already approved?

Last edited:

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
SDS, Online, DIY
Profile: 1st batch k12, currently enrolled 2nd year Business Course at a University in Katipunan

Oct 25 - submitted application
Oct 26- confirmation of submission
- request for Biometrics
Oct 29 - submitted Biometrics
- biometrics update in account
Nov 02 - Medical update, passed
Nov 04 - Correspondence Letter
- Request for Passport

Is it safe to assume that my daughter’s application for study permit is already approved?
Yes unless there will be issues with the passport - you will also see it in the final decision portion that application has been approved. The final status will be updated once visa counterfoil is placed in the passport. Congrats to your daughter :)

Reactions: Anyw

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Yes unless there will be issues with the passport - you will also see it in the final decision portion that application has been approved. The final status will be updated once visa counterfoil is placed in the passport. Congrats to your daughter :)
Thank you MsCutler...just checked the final decision portion, the application has been approved already...this forum and the members’ inputs, including yours, helped me a lot in guiding my daughter in her application...to God be the glory!

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Hi! May I ask, can I still use my GIC from previous application as a proof of funds? Pero mag regular stream na lang ako... and sino po pwede mag asses ng SOP ko? Hehe para lang po mapacheck ko since DIY po ako.. thank you so much!

Last edited:

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi! May I ask, can I still use my GIC from previous application as a proof of funds? Pero mag regular stream na lang ako... and sino po pwede mag asses ng SOP ko? Hehe para lang po mapacheck ko since DIY po ako.. thank you so much!

Yes - i think you can still use it so long as you didnt request it to be returned/its still active. GIC is still fine even if for regular. You can post your SOP here or pm it to me (delete any confidential or sensitive personal info) - willing to help :)

maureenmae1

Nov 5, 2019
Hi anyone please enlighten me.

I am planning to submit my visa application this week with my common law partner under OWP

1. ano pong dapat kong ilagay sa purpose of travel na section. yun po yung departing ticket etc. for us we will not buy ticket na wala pa po kaming visa

2. I did upfront medical po IOM Baguio. meron spot sa lungs ko na minor TB Findings. though it was explained na hnd naman daw po sure na TB yun maybe it is an old scar po. sino po ba yung may same na case dito..

i enrolled sa centennial college for January 2020. I am afraid pag nagpa additional medical test sila hindi na po ako umabot.

3. It has been 5days since I transferred my GIC from BDO to Scotiabank wala pa din pong confirmation. I even emailed scotiabank no answer po....

Thank you sa magaanswer

Freddiruch

Nov 3, 2019
Hello!
Crowd sourcing lang po. Meron na po ba nag apply sa inyo ng student permit thru SDS and sa submission sinabay niyo na ung Spouse/Common-law partner niyo sa application?

If yes po, Question lang sa requirement on Spouse/Common-law partner regarding proof of funds, need ko pa po ba mag provide ng bank cert? and how much? or pwede po bang mag add na lang ng amount sa GIC ng student (my Fiancee)? for example 10k plus 4k family member?

Thank you in advance for answering! God Bless po!

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi anyone please enlighten me.

I am planning to submit my visa application this week with my common law partner under OWP

1. ano pong dapat kong ilagay sa purpose of travel na section. yun po yung departing ticket etc. for us we will not buy ticket na wala pa po kaming visa

2. I did upfront medical po IOM Baguio. meron spot sa lungs ko na minor TB Findings. though it was explained na hnd naman daw po sure na TB yun maybe it is an old scar po. sino po ba yung may same na case dito..

i enrolled sa centennial college for January 2020. I am afraid pag nagpa additional medical test sila hindi na po ako umabot.

3. It has been 5days since I transferred my GIC from BDO to Scotiabank wala pa din pong confirmation. I even emailed scotiabank no answer po....

Thank you sa magaanswer
Hi. For #1 - you can upload statement of purpose of your partner (ex. reasons why there is a need for him to accompany you and how temporarily working in Canada can help his career here once he returns...).

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hello!
Crowd sourcing lang po. Meron na po ba nag apply sa inyo ng student permit thru SDS and sa submission sinabay niyo na ung Spouse/Common-law partner niyo sa application?

If yes po, Question lang sa requirement on Spouse/Common-law partner regarding proof of funds, need ko pa po ba mag provide ng bank cert? and how much? or pwede po bang mag add na lang ng amount sa GIC ng student (my Fiancee)? for example 10k plus 4k family member?

Thank you in advance for answering! God Bless po!
Hi. I did - got our approval last Sept. Yes it can be via GIC - it's what I did. I also included bank cert from our joint account for additional funds (doesn't hurt to provide a lil extra :) ) I included a short explanation letter regarding what is accounted under GIC and joint account.