+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Hi. Yes its normal, there are times that everything will be updated once you receive the visa result (my experience), for some they had a few updates like for their medical exam result, biometrics correspondence..prior to receiving their visa result so it may depend on the VO. Paper app may take longer as its a regular application. For online it can be faster if its via sds stream
Okay thank you po :) . Were you approved? How long does it usually take for the VO to make a final decision? In your case how long po? Thank you.

smarties

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
YEG
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO-S / CPC-O / OSC-O
App. Filed.......
08-12-2022
AOR Received.
08-12-2022
LANDED..........
09-03-2023
Hi all, has anyone tried to have their medical exam fees paid using HMO? Thanks.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Okay thank you po :) . Were you approved? How long does it usually take for the VO to make a final decision? In your case how long po? Thank you.
To clarify - As I recall my medical was updated and biometrics correspondence was given when i received my final decision. The eligibility, background check and application status part were only updated after the visa counterfoil was placed in my passport.

Yes fortunately got approved along with my spouse (sowp for him). For me it took around 9 days from the time I had my biometrics. For sds stream the average processing time is 20days though some go beyond and some less. For regular i knew of people who got their result after a month though based here sa forum some also got their result beyond 1 month and some less. I think it can depend on the country where applicant is applying from and the time (if peak/off peak season) of application. Goodluck on your application :)

Last edited:

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
To clarify - As I recall my medical was updated and biometrics correspondence was given when i received my final decision. The eligibility, background check and application status part were only updated after the visa counterfoil was placed in my passport.

Yes fortunately got approved along with my spouse (sowp for him). For me it took around 9 days from the time I had my biometrics. For sds stream the average processing time is 20days though some go beyond and some less. For regular i knew of people who got their result after a month though based here sa forum some also got their result beyond 1 month and some less. I think it can depend on the country where applicant is applying from and the time (if peak/off peak season) of application. Goodluck on your application :)
Wow congrats! And thank you din po. I'm kind of worried lang because I've read so many people got rejected recently, but I am praying and hoping for a positive outcome. The waiting game is just so nerve-wracking

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019

Hello MsCutler, my daughter is applying thru SDS Online...just submitted her application last Oct 25, received request for biometrics on Oct 26...i have a question regarding the process of biometrics...does she need to make an appointment or walk-in? Thanks in advance for your reply

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Hi! Question lang, magrereapply kasi ako (4th time) but different course na. Same GCkey account din po ba ang gagamitin? Still waiting for Caips notes para may idea ako sa SOP ko next...

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hello MsCutler, my daughter is applying thru SDS Online...just submitted her application last Oct 25, received request for biometrics on Oct 26...i have a question regarding the process of biometrics...does she need to make an appointment or walk-in? Thanks in advance for your reply
You need to make an appointment sa vfs - you can check their website on how to make an appointment :)

Reactions: Anyw

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
You need to make an appointment sa vfs - you can check their website on how to make an appointment :)
Thank you for your reply...my daughter was able to check it na this morning...we’re just confused about the consent form if needed pa ba ang parent’s signature, she’s already 20 yrs old

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
Hi. You're in the wrong forum moreover the forums here are for those who would like to apply for Canada for various reasons (study, work, permanent residence etc...).
Hi miss cutler. I would just like to ask regarding my application. This is my second time applying as i was refused last august for my fall 2019 term. The last application i had was with my husband. By the way, reasons for refusal were:
Employment prospects
Family ties
Purpose of visit
Employment status

This time, i will be applying alone as my application with a spouse could be a hindrance. I'm actually really nervous of the result as we have invested so much time, effort, and money to this. Would it be possible to get the visa now after a previous refusal? Thank you.

Reactions: eagerly

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
ahh okay anu ba nakalagay sa medical results na status no need medical? Sakin kasi after na update na medical passed.. after 1 week yun na ang decision.. baka this week ma update na account nyu.. at dapat maganda talaga yun SOP muh
Hi. Ikaw lang po ba gumawa ng SOP mo?

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hopefully your change of program will do the trick. If you want you can paste your revised sop here so that others can provide their inputs. Sincerely wishing you the best of luck on your reapplication :)
Thank you very much po :) Is there anyone who applied for a diploma course but already has a bachelor's degree and who got a study permit approved? Just wanted to know. Thanks!