+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi miss cutler. I would just like to ask regarding my application. This is my second time applying as i was refused last august for my fall 2019 term. The last application i had was with my husband. By the way, reasons for refusal were:
Employment prospects
Family ties
Purpose of visit
Employment status

This time, i will be applying alone as my application with a spouse could be a hindrance. I'm actually really nervous of the result as we have invested so much time, effort, and money to this. Would it be possible to get the visa now after a previous refusal? Thank you.
Hi. Yes its certainly possible, based here sa forum some even got their approval after 3rd or 4th application :) I think it all boils down in being able to address/refute the visa officer's concerns. It would be best for you to request the gcms notes to really know the details of your refusal. It may also help if you post your revised sop here so that others can give you tips/feedback :)

Disclaimer: Im not an expert or an agent, just sharing my 2cents based on what I've read here sa forum, research, and my experience :)

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thank you for your reply...my daughter was able to check it na this morning...we’re just confused about the consent form if needed pa ba ang parent’s signature, she’s already 20 yrs old
Hi. Is that consent form for biometrics? Or part of the required forms she needs to fill out? Sorry Im not familiar with that. Maybe others here can help.

riezelsept18

Oct 27, 2019
Hi. Yes its certainly possible, based here sa forum some even got their approval after 3rd or 4th application :) I think it all boils down in being able to address/refute the visa officer's concerns. It would be best for you to request the gcms notes to really know the details of your refusal. It may also help if you post your revised sop here so that others can give you tips/feedback :)

Disclaimer: Im not an expert or an agent, just sharing my 2cents based on what I've read here sa forum, research, and my experience :)
Hi. I did not request for gcms notes before submitting my application again. Actually, i have an agent who helps me in my application. I am just anxious right now. I mailed my dox to vfs manila last oct 22. They received the mail oct 23. Already done with my medical and biometrics since i applied for fall 2019. It is just bugging me right now. I am also pressured by my parents. Hooohh

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi. I did not request for gcms notes before submitting my application again. Actually, i have an agent who helps me in my application. I am just anxious right now. I mailed my dox to vfs manila last oct 22. They received the mail oct 23. Already done with my medical and biometrics since i applied for fall 2019. It is just bugging me right now. I am also pressured by my parents. Hooohh
I totally understand where you're coming from. The waiting and the pressure are both really stressful. Hopefully everything will go well for you this time :) For your spouse- you can apply sowp for him once you're approved (before or when you arrive in Canada) so it's still pòssible for you to travel together or just wait for him in Canada for a little time if everything goes well :)

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
question po.. magkano po ang prinesent nyo na invome doc if sp,owp and trv? mag aapply po kasi ako for sp, owp, sp 5yo kid and trv-2yo. salmat po
We applied for Student (me), OWP (my wife), TRV for 2 kids also (9 and 15). For our first application, we showed about CAD20,000. But when we got refused, it was indicated in the GCMS notes that we didn't show enough funds. In our second application, we showed about CAD50,000. We got approved this time around. (The funds available was not the only reason why we were refused in our first application, we had to address all reasons. The funding was just 1 of them.)

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Hello everyone, meron na ba nakapag bayad sa school ng tuition from BDO? Usually gaano katagal siya bago ko malaman na confirmed/accepted na yung payment ko? Salamat po and God bless!

CherryAM

Oct 30, 2019
Hello I'm really confused. I hope you can help me. Based dun sa Instruction ng Scotiabank dapat match yung sa application thru online and sa wire transfer sa local bank. My application thru online name and surname lang. While sa Bdo nilagay nila middle name ko. Sa mga tapos na po mag apply dapat po ba akong mag worry kasi baka ma reject sya and baka kasi mag result sya na name mismatch? I tried to talk po kasi sa scotia representative sabi it should be followed what is on the GIC application :( finding a similar post wala po akong makita. Please help me.