+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Sharing my passport submission experience and might be informative to some. Apologies if this will be lengthy once again. :D

Since I’m from Iloilo, I had to send my passport either to the Visa Application Centre in Manila or Cebu. After doing some research, getting info from friends and asking my visa consultant, I decided to send it to Cebu, here’s why:
1. It is more convenient to send your passport where your biometrics were collected, otherwise,
2. VFS will charge additional P392 package transmission fee if you forwarded your passport to a different VAC on top of the courier fee.

Anyhoo, here is how I sent my passport:
Sept 9- Ordered manager’s check in the amount stated for the Courier fee plus the SMS service fee- P398
- LBC’d my passport and the required docs like my Passport request letter, Contact info (printed mine in a piece of paper), the signed consent form and of course the manager’s check.
Sept 10- I was already having a mini panic attack by this time thinking my parcel got delayed because there was no update when I checked the tracker.
Sept 11- Praise God LBC finally updated my transaction and it was safely delivered to VAC Cebu.
Sept 12- Very early in the morning, I received SMS and Email updates from VFS that my transaction was on process, they also gave me a transaction number if I wanted to check the status online. AND by 1:35pm, I was informed that my decision envelope (passport and IRCC letter) has been couriered from VAC cebu through LBC.
SEPT 13- GOT MY STAMPED PASSPORT

Again, I’m amazed how fast the process has been since I reapplied and truly grateful for this blessing. Initially, I was told to wait until next week to receive my passport. But lo and behold, got mine in 5days including shipping.
Because I’m a bit OC, despite reading stuff from the website about the passport submission, I still called their hotline to make sure I fully understood the guidelines and all. Also, since there was money involved I was sigurista na because I’ve been getting different amounts from people. Every piso counts matapos ang lahat nang gastos sa application na ito. :D

Upnext...relax a bit, book my flight and prepare for this journey. ;)
Congrats!
Super happy for you!

Btw, I got my GCMS already. Quite weird because there's no detailed reason why my application was denied. What I had in my refusal letter is the same verbatim.

Reactions: perlita1990

Zherrie May

Sep 19, 2019
uae
hi po.. ang case po ng sa amin sa Pinas kmi ngpasa pero andto kmi s UAE.. n refused din visa nmin.. hnhntay pa nmin ang notes tas advise smen ng agency paper application ang ggwin.
Pano po kaya yung paper application, uuwi pa ng pinas? Parang mas ok nga daw na paper application ang gawin kasi mas mataas ung approval rate. Nagbayad na po ba kayo ng tuition? kung nagbayad na po kayo, pina defer nio po ba?

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
Hi,
Hoping someone can give some advise. I already got visa but as my passport will expire Aug 2019, my study visa had the same validity.
I renewed my passport after I got my visa and I’ll be able to get the new one soon. However, i just noticed that the Letter of Introduction I received states:
”If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV) ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires. If you obtain a new passport before your visa expires, you will need to apply for a new visa. You may do so by visitingwww.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp.”

I’m now worried that if I enter Canada to study using my new passport, I’ll face an issue in the port of entry and wont be able to get my study permit.
Can you advise?

Thank you.
Hi,

Same as my passport case, what did you do?
Would you email me if okay?
pacific.trading1@yahoo.com

Regards

happy025

Aug 19, 2019
Pano po kaya yung paper application, uuwi pa ng pinas? Parang mas ok nga daw na paper application ang gawin kasi mas mataas ung approval rate. Nagbayad na po ba kayo ng tuition? kung nagbayad na po kayo, pina defer nio po ba?
sbi ng agency nmin need dw ipadala passport..bsta sbi hntyin dw muna ung notes.. oo bayad n ako ng tuition nung May pa..for Sept intake sna ako ngyn kso na refused. pna defer na ng agncy next intake..

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Congrats!
Super happy for you!

Btw, I got my GCMS already. Quite weird because there's no detailed reason why my application was denied. What I had in my refusal letter is the same verbatim.
It's usually in the last few pages on the notes... I found mine at page 55. In the first few pages, it will show the exact same sentence(s) from your refusal letter. But in the latter part of the notes, there should be detailed reasons written by the visa officer.

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Congrats!
Super happy for you!

I got a 58page document. And the exact reason for refusal was indicated at the Notes part of page 51 that I have a Bachelor’s degree so they are not satisfied blah blah blah. Hahaha.
Have your visa consultant check the notes, perhaps they can interpret or explain to you?

Reactions: lopi14

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
I got a 58page document. And the exact reason for refusal was indicated at the Notes part of page 51 that I have a Bachelor’s degree so they are not satisfied blah blah blah. Hahaha.
Have your visa consultant check the notes, perhaps they can interpret or explain to you?
Sis, pede ko ba i-pm thru fb ung screenshot. Im trying to make sense out of it. Sadly, our consultant is unable to provide sensible explanation.

Reactions: perlita1990

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
hi po.. ang case po ng sa amin sa Pinas kmi ngpasa pero andto kmi s UAE.. n refused din visa nmin.. hnhntay pa nmin ang notes tas advise smen ng agency paper application ang ggwin.
hello.. also planning to do the same kaso not from UAE, from SEAsia lang naman. online ka ba nagapply? umuwi ka ng pinas at dun ka nagapply?

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi all. Just my 2cents for those applying from UAE one reason might be the visa officer may think you have weak ties sa pinas considering that you're currently residing abroad--it may help na you can tie the program you want to take to your current employment/career and how the program can further your career goal in your homecountry (ex .by taking the program you will have better chances to have a managerial job sa pinas in a big multinational company). Apart from that you might want to also include reasons why you need to go back sa pinas after studying due to some obligations (ex. properties,immediate family etc.). Highlight your plans to go back to homecountry and not in UAE after studying. Again just my 2cents not an expert , its still best to get the gcms notes so that you can properly refute the reasons why you were refused.

Estrellita Cose

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Hello po sa lahat, sana may magbibigay ng input.

currently po nasa UAE ang partner ko. plan to lodge his document paper based in pinas. ang d lang po namin alam is ung procedure ng biometric. meron ngsabi na on the same day sa pagsubmit ng docs, kung ganun papaano kaya un kung d naman siya available sa pinas physically. Pwd kaya mag submit paper based sa pinas at sa Abu Dhabi na mag pa appointment ng bio once makatanggap na ng letter from cic?

medyo naguluhan talaga ako kung paano.

Note: first App po to.

Maraming salamat po sa sasagot.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi. Sa

currently po nasa UAE ang partner ko. plan to lodge his document paper based in pinas. ang d lang po namin alam is ung procedure ng biometric. meron ngsabi na on the same day sa pagsubmit ng docs, kung ganun papaano kaya un kung d naman siya available sa pinas physically. Pwd kaya mag submit paper based sa pinas at sa Abu Dhabi na mag pa appointment ng bio once makatanggap na ng letter from cic?

Hi. As i know for paperbased apps biometrics is done during submission sa vfs. You can also call or chat vfs customer service to confirm if he can have his biometrics in vfs uae just go to vfs website to get the info. Hopefully others can provide you further inputs as well .

Reactions: Estrellita Cose

happy025

Aug 19, 2019
H

Hi po... ang sa amin po ay andto kmi sa UAE then sinubmit ng agency nmin sa Pinas online.. hndi po same day ung biometrics.. nung nktnggap ng letter na pwede mg pa biomtrcs , ngbgay agncy ng refernce number then kmi ung ngpunta dto s VFS for biometrcs..