+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kisdubu

Jun 24, 2019
Hi everyone! I applied for Non SDS on August 13 and received the medical exam request on August 15. I had my medical exam on Sept 2 and the clinic said they submitted on Sept 5. Until now there is no update on my account that they received my medical. Will there be any update on CIC once they receive it? Thank you.

Zherrie May

Sep 19, 2019
uae
Hi all. Just my 2cents for those applying from UAE one reason might be the visa officer may think you have weak ties sa pinas considering that you're currently residing abroad--it may help na you can tie the program you want to take to your current employment/career and how the program can further your career goal in your homecountry (ex .by taking the program you will have better chances to have a managerial job sa pinas in a big multinational company). Apart from that you might want to also include reasons why you need to go back sa pinas after studying due to some obligations (ex. properties,immediate family etc.). Highlight your plans to go back to homecountry and not in UAE after studying. Again just my 2cents not an expert , its still best to get the gcms notes so that you can properly refute the reasons why you were refused.
Hi Ms. Cutler,

Thank you po sa advise. Naapprove na po ba ung student permit nio? naglagay po ba kayo ng sponsor? Paper or online application po ba ung ginawa nio? sa pinas po ba kayo nag apply from UAE?

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Hi! Sa mga nakapag apply na po ng college/university, ano po yung mga kailangang i-include sa resume? Thank you po

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi Ms. Cutler,

Thank you po sa advise. Naapprove na po ba ung student permit nio? naglagay po ba kayo ng sponsor? Paper or online application po ba ung ginawa nio? sa pinas po ba kayo nag apply from UAE?
Hi :) Yes na approve na - I applied together with my spouse. Online and DIY. No wala kaming sponsor we applied via sds stream since I met the requirement. For the proof of funds I availed GIC via Canadian Imperial Bank-deposited the minimum funds required for me and spouse for the duration of our stay. We also showed joint account bank cert to show additional funds. For the tuition fee I showed my payment receipt. I applied from Pinas also residing here. Just holler if you need help though hindi ako expert or anything but ill try, just my way of giving back since this forum helped a lot on my application :)

Reactions: Anyw and happy025

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi! Sa mga nakapag apply na po ng college/university, ano po yung mga kailangang i-include sa resume? Thank you po
For me I only included my educ background and work background. Also for my personal background I only included my current and permanent residence.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi everyone! I applied for Non SDS on August 13 and received the medical exam request on August 15. I had my medical exam on Sept 2 and the clinic said they submitted on Sept 5. Until now there is no update on my account that they received my medical. Will there be any update on CIC once they receive it? Thank you.
Hi. Yes there will be. For me i had my medical 8/14 (upfront). Applied 8/29. Received medical update and approval 9/12. Best of luck on your app :)

Reactions: kisdubu

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
Hello po,
Sino po dto January intake Fanshawe college at may alam n pwdeng maka rent ng safe at affordable apartment, room etc., nag-hahanap kc ako...wala akong near friends or kakilala n pwedeng mag assist sa akin.
TIA po sa mag-reply.
I'm planning to enroll at fanshawe, okay p ba jn? Got so many bad reviews in Google.
Let me know, pacific.trading1@yahoo.com
Hello po,
Sino po dto January intake Fanshawe college at may alam n pwdeng maka rent ng safe at affordable apartment, room etc., nag-hahanap kc ako...wala akong near friends or kakilala n pwedeng mag assist sa akin.
TIA po sa mag-reply.
I'm planning to enroll at fanshawe, okay p ba jn? Got so many bad reviews in Google.
Let me know, pacific.trading1@yahoo.com

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been a member of this forum for a year na ata and I have been reading your comments for quite sometime now. I have prepared for my visa application for a year and here’s my timeline:

Application: Regular
Applied through VFS Cebu
Upfront medical: July 5, 2019
Date Lodged: July 30, 2019
Biometrics: July 30, 2019
Medical passed: August 6, 2019
Eligibility reviewed: August 14, 2019
Biometric Correspondence Letter: August 14, 2019
Background check: July 30, 2019
Final decision: August 15, 2019 Approved!

To God Be The Glory!!!
Let’s not lose hope. In His Time!!!

I did the impossible knowing that my intake will start this September but still I took the risk and applied even with not much time left on my hands.
Hi! Congrats on your application. May i know how much fund ang dineclare mo for application? Salamat!!! And good luck! ☺

Reactions: kukk123

gscruz

Sep 27, 2019
Hi, I applied for study permit this Sept. 4 and was able to submit my biometrics on Sept. 12 and medical examination on Sept. 16. But my school starts on Sept. 30. Pero til now yung status ng application ko is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" tsaka "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". May chance ba ma-deny ako since I applied late? Or would they consider if I submit to defer for 2020 intake nalang? Hoping for your response. Thank you po.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi, I applied for study permit this Sept. 4 and was able to submit my biometrics on Sept. 12 and medical examination on Sept. 16. But my school starts on Sept. 30. Pero til now yung status ng application ko is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" tsaka "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". May chance ba ma-deny ako since I applied late? Or would they consider if I submit to defer for 2020 intake nalang? Hoping for your response. Thank you po.
Hi. You applied pretty late though based on others experiences some were approved beyond their class start date. I would suggest though to coordinate with your school if they would allow you to join late depending on your visa progress or defer it to January intake. All the best :)

Reactions: gscruz

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
There are many Filipino students here in Fanshawe London, Ontario. In case there maybe someone who is doing the application by themselves, they might be of help; as well as finding accommodations here in London, Ontario. Please visit Filipino-Canadian Connect We care FB page. Baka po matulungan kayo. Libre po. To God be the glory!
Planning to enroll in fanshawe, but got lots of bad reviews in Google,

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
Hello po,
Filipino family kami offering our spare room (with own private washroom) to international student.

We are 15 mins away from Fanshawe college, by bus at 1 min walk to bus stop.

*Female only.

*Room sharing allowed.

Msg. me for further details.

Salamat po.

Totoo bang maraming racist ors fanshawe?
How bad is it now?