+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
I just got a reply from CIC that my student visa was refused. I'm now getting my GCMS notes to find out why. This is the only reason stated in the letter:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.​

I got the letter exactly 6 weeks from the time I applied.
Have you gotten your refunds already?
What did you do with you paid tuition and gic?

Zherrie May

Sep 19, 2019
uae
Hi Ms. Cutler,

Thank you po sa advise. Naapprove na po ba ung student permit nio? naglagay po ba kayo ng sponsor? Paper or online application po ba ung ginawa nio? sa pinas po ba kayo nag apply from UAE?
Hi ano po ung sds stream, Mas malaki ba Yung chance na maapprove through sds stream? Mas OK din po ba na pay Yung full tuition fee for 1 year. Thank you po

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi ano po ung sds stream, Mas malaki ba Yung chance na maapprove through sds stream? Mas OK din po ba na pay Yung full tuition fee for 1 year. Thank you po
Hi. No not necessarily mas malaki ang chance if via sds stream as visa decision is still based on the merits of each applicant however the processing time will be faster with lesser paper work particularly sa financial proof. If via sds stream full tuition fee is required, not necessary if for regular processing though i think paying full tuition (plus at least showing the minimum funds required for living expenses for the duration of stay and a lil extra wont hurt) would certainly help show the visa officer you are financially capable. More info regarding sds stream here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html

ianbautista23

Sep 28, 2019
Hi. No not necessarily mas malaki ang chance if via sds stream as visa decision is still based on the merits of each applicant however the processing time will be faster with lesser paper work particularly sa financial proof. If via sds stream full tuition fee is required, not necessary if for regular processing though i think paying full tuition (plus at least showing the minimum funds required for living expenses for the duration of stay and a lil extra wont hurt) would certainly help show the visa officer you are financially capable. More info regarding sds stream here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html
Hi I'm planning to apply for sds with my spouse OWP. Di ko lang sure ung sa proof of funds for the spouse which is $4K as i read in the website of cic.ga. Yes $10K GIC minimum for me alone. But if my wife is coming to canada with me pano po kaya? Should I get like $20K GIC para samin dalawa? Or ung GIC po is for the student alone lang? Then ung SOWP should bring the $4K or more nalang as cash?

Thanks!

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi I'm planning to apply for sds with my spouse OWP. Di ko lang sure ung sa proof of funds for the spouse which is $4K as i read in the website of cic.ga. Yes $10K GIC minimum for me alone. But if my wife is coming to canada with me pano po kaya? Should I get like $20K GIC para samin dalawa? Or ung GIC po is for the student alone lang? Then ung SOWP should bring the $4K or more nalang as cash?

Thanks!
Hi. The 4k fund for spouse should also be shown and submitted as proof of financial funds. For me - i invested 14k GIC via CIBC then attached a short explanation that the 14k accounts for my and spouse's living expenses (10k for me and 4k for spouse- good for 1yr living expenses). Also included bank cert from our joint bank account to show additional funds.

Zherrie May

Sep 19, 2019
uae
Hi Ms. Cutler, Thank you sa reply. Ang mahirap kasi na tanong for me is, why need to go to canada e pede ka naman magstudy sa UAE, d ko tuloy alam how to answer this :( Anyway wish me luck :)

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi Ms. Cutler, Thank you sa reply. Ang mahirap kasi na tanong for me is, why need to go to canada e pede ka naman magstudy sa UAE, d ko tuloy alam how to answer this :( Anyway wish me luck :)
I suggest research about the quality of education of Canada vs. UAE and other countries, make a comparison and indicate the benefits for you if you study in Canada. You may also research more on the program you'd like to take in Canada - why its better for you to take it in Canada vs. taking it in UAE or in any other country. (Ex. Canada provides wordclass education at reasonable cost compared to other countries etc...). Goodluck and hopefully you'll get your approval soon :)

ianbautista23

Sep 28, 2019
Hi. The 4k fund for spouse should also be shown and submitted as proof of financial funds. For me - i invested 14k GIC via CIBC then attached a short explanation that the 14k accounts for my and spouse's living expenses (10k for me and 4k for spouse- good for 1yr living expenses). Also included bank cert from our joint bank account to show additional funds.
Thanks for clarifying po! One more question po. About sa transcript and diploma required for SDS. Do i have to process it thru WES? Or pwede na po ung galing lang sa school? Thanks and God Bless!

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thanks for clarifying po! One more question po. About sa transcript and diploma required for SDS. Do i have to process it thru WES? Or pwede na po ung galing lang sa school? Thanks and God Bless!
Just your tor and diploma would be fine though for me i submitted my wes together with my college tor and diploma since i was able to get one before. Some also included their highschool transcript and diploma-I didnt.

Reactions: ianbautista23

ianbautista23

Sep 28, 2019
Just your tor and diploma would be fine though for me i submitted my wes together with my college tor and diploma since i was able to get one before. Some also included their highschool transcript and diploma-I didnt.
Thanks po! Last question maam sorry hehe. Under SDS po do I need to provide SOP? Kasi by checking sa Canadian website di na po nanghihingi ng SOP dun sa come to canada tool nila based on the answers I gave.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thanks po! Last question maam sorry hehe. Under SDS po do I need to provide SOP? Kasi by checking sa Canadian website di na po nanghihingi ng SOP dun sa come to canada tool nila based on the answers I gave.
No worries - glad to help, I was also in your shoes :) SOP isnt required however it would be very helpful to make the visa officer understand your intent given that there are no interviews, it would also be the only one connecting all of the documents you submitted :)

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
No worries - glad to help, I was also in your shoes :) SOP isnt required however it would be very helpful to make the visa officer understand your intent given that there are no interviews, it would also be the only one connecting all of the documents you submitted :)
Hi po....thank you for your replies to queries, very much helpful...I would also like to ask kung meron pro-forma questionnaire ang SOP or just a letter form..thanks in advance

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello everyone...I hope somebody will be able to reply on my query...if the applicant has already a visitor visa to Canada, and will be successfully granted a student permit, will he still be required to submit his passport to the VAC?