+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Jericajekai

May 22, 2019
Hi newbie here. My application was lodged May16 and got my biometric request. I'll be travelling to Cebu tomorrow to have my biometrics. What to expect next??

Anyone here applied for Seneca College this September intake?

aciremep

Apr 21, 2019
I just got a reply from CIC that my student visa was refused. I'm now getting my GCMS notes to find out why. This is the only reason stated in the letter:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.​

I got the letter exactly 6 weeks from the time I applied.
I also received a reply from CIC that student visa was refused. May I know what is GCMS stands for and what is it for?

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
hi! anyone did wire transfer to scotiabank through china bank, philippines? badly need your kind inputs please...
I did my 1st GIC transaction through chinabank and it was unsuccessful. Got my refund a month after.

They are not aware of the procedure so better go with either PNB, Metrobank, BPI (not family). Chinabank cannot transfer in CAD. their correspondent bank only has USD, and scotiabank must receive the money in CAD not USD.

aciremep

Apr 21, 2019
hi! anyone did wire transfer to scotiabank through china bank, philippines? badly need your kind inputs please...
I did my wire transfer from BDO to Scotiabank using USD currency and I suggest you to deposit an amount which is equivalent to CAD $10300 instead of CAD $10200 only. Kasi may mga hidden charges yung mga banko na dinadaanan nung wired transfer money mo. Hindi lang sya basta dadaan from 1 bank to another. Kasi nung nag process ako ng GIC ko, just to make sure pinasobrahan ko na yung wire transfer ko tutal sa account ko pa din naman mapupunta yung sobra. So I expected my account to have $10100 nung nagsuccess yung wire transfer but to my surprise $10085 lang ang pumasok. So, imagine kung $10200 lang pinadala ko, magiging $9085 na lang yung pera ko that will cause of denial from Scotiabank.

Regarding sa concern mo with Chinabank, just make sure to follow the instructions that the Scotiabank send to you and sobrahan mo na din if gagamit ka ng USD or CAD just to make sure.

Baka yun din ang nangyari sayo @Laura0928.

Ahned

May 28, 2019
Ye
Does anyone here applied for a Student Permit in the Philippines? I just got back from Canada as a tourist and I applied for a Student Permit here in the Philippines. I already paid my school in Toronto which is Everest College and the semester will start on September 3, 2012. I just wanted to know if someone here applied in the same school and can I see your timeline on submitting the application.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Yes

aciremep

Apr 21, 2019
Hello po. Sana po may makatulong or makasagot sakin dito.

My first SP application was denied last May 20, 2019 (I applied via SDS although 1st semester pa lang talaga yung nabayaran ko, Online Application, without agent). I'm planning to re-apply again without filing for what they call CAIPS? Kasi sabi nila it took a month bago mareceive yun and I don't want to waste anymore time.

My question is, for those who was denied before and tried to re-apply, did you created another GCKey Account? Or ginamit nyo pa rin yung same GCKey Account nyo kung saan kayo nadenied for the first time? Hindi kaya maka-apekto sa 2nd application ko kapag nakita nilang na-denied na ko before? I'm planning to re-apply again under SDS but this time, I will pay my 1st year of tuition fee na talaga.

Hoping for your kind advice and input. Thanks in advance!

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hello! Anyone processed their GIC's with CIBC Bank? I transferred funds through BDO just this Monday and now waiting for the receipt. That's the only thing I need before I go through medical and lodge my application.

gwentysomething

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys! Praise the Lord my visa was approved. Anyone who will study in Canadore College Scarborough campus this May 2019? Thanks
Hello! Congratulations! :) I'm applying in a few weeks, I just want to ask how long it took for your application to get approved. Would love to hear from you, thanks! :)

psyduck

Star Member
May 16, 2019

My first SP application was denied last May 20, 2019 (I applied via SDS although 1st semester pa lang talaga yung nabayaran ko, Online Application, without agent). I'm planning to re-apply again without filing for what they call CAIPS? Kasi sabi nila it took a month bago mareceive yun and I don't want to waste anymore time.

My question is, for those who was denied before and tried to re-apply, did you created another GCKey Account? Or ginamit nyo pa rin yung same GCKey Account nyo kung saan kayo nadenied for the first time? Hindi kaya maka-apekto sa 2nd application ko kapag nakita nilang na-denied na ko before? I'm planning to re-apply again under SDS but this time, I will pay my 1st year of tuition fee na talaga.

What was the reason of the SP refusal?
Ako din 1 sem lang and waiting for final decision.

Chamcham

Jan 25, 2019
Hello. I submitted my student visa application last oct 2018. Due to repeated xrays, i just passed my medical this May. Afterwards CIC requested my updated LOA and i submitted it right away. It is almost a month and the status still says "we are reviewing the additional doc you provided..." Is there anyone here who experienced submitting updated LOA after medical passed? How long did you wait until you get your visa? Is it a good sign that CIC requested for my updated LOA? Please share your insights as I am really feeling down because its already 8 months since I applied. Thank you so much

katecenteno

Sep 7, 2017
Hi. Thank you po kung sinong makaka sagot. I already got my post graduation work permit. April 2020 po ang expiration ng work permit ko. Pero plan ko po umuwi ng pinas for vacation ng mga 2weeks this December. Mkakabalik parin po ba ako ng Canada? Nkalagay po ksi sa bagong permit ko, not authorize for re-entry. Pero nbasa ko po sa internet, as long valid yung ETA. Pwde daw. Kaya mejo magulo po.

Thank you po sa mkakasagot

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006

Same GCKeys account

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi. Thank you po kung sinong makaka sagot. I already got my post graduation work permit. April 2020 po ang expiration ng work permit ko. Pero plan ko po umuwi ng pinas for vacation ng mga 2weeks this December. Mkakabalik parin po ba ako ng Canada? Nkalagay po ksi sa bagong permit ko, not authorize for re-entry. Pero nbasa ko po sa internet, as long valid yung ETA. Pwde daw. Kaya mejo magulo po.

Thank you po sa mkakasagot
Need mo ng visa para makatravel unless citizen ka ng ibang bansa at may eTA ka. You eithe need an eTA or Visa para makasakay sa eroplano at makarating sa Canada. Philippine citizens need ng Visa.

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys, need a bit of an advice regarding my situation. I have been admitted for the Fall 2019 intake at Seneca.

I had my medical exam 2 weeks ago at IOM and a scar was seen on my right lung, and as per protocol daw sabi nung doctor, kelangan nila i-tick yung "Evidence of TB" dun sa form na isusubmit sa embassy. I was told that the scar is probably from a previous respiratory infection (that I wasn't aware of) that healed on its own. Nagpacollect na rin ako ng sputum para pag hiningi ng embassy, meron na. The sputum culture test takes 9 weeks (~July 24).

I am currently employed and I only plan to submit my resignation when I am sure that my visa application is approved. I am applying via SDS and given the timeline, would you recommend me to defer my admission instead? And is there any deadline to notify the college that you're deferring your admission to the program?

Last edited: