+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

shubhamnishad97

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
April 3- submitted application
April 4- medical and biometrics request
April 10- biometrics done
April 11- medical done
May 10- received passport request

Online/ general category po :)
Congratulations on your visa. Was your file processed at Ottawa. It must be written on your biometric letter

giennstein

Jan 10, 2019
Good pm sa lahat.. Just want to ask ifsa SDS ba required pa rin mqgpasa ng COE and Payslip? Im planning to resign sa company to focus on my review sa ielts sana.
Thank you sa mga sasagot.
Nope, for SDS, you are only required a 10k cad minimum of GIC from a bank in Canada. But it's okay to include those documents in the "Client Info".

giennstein

Jan 10, 2019
Question po regarding SDS, paano po kayo nagbayad ng full first year tuition sa school?
I paid thru wire transfer ng canadian dollar from BPI(or any bank with 3rd Currency) to FLYWIRE, you need a peso or cad account sa bank na pag w-wire transferan mo, when you get your LOA, there will be an instruction on how to pay your tuition fee.

giennstein

Jan 10, 2019
Hi, I’m planning to apply my brother for student visa, question ko lng if mas malaking chance ma approve pag SDS. Kapag ba regular stream lang, ano difference niya dun sa SDS?
Processing times sa SDS- I got my visa 2 weeks from the time I applied sa cic site provided complete na papers mo and upload docs and bayad visa fee nalang gagawin mo), pag Regular 3-6 months ata waiting time(Not sure basta matagal. and less papers, pag SDS kase hindi na required and Bank Statements etc.. You only need 10k mininum GIC from a Bank in Canada which you can apply online sa website ng bank, I applied thru Scotia Bank.

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
A
Processing times sa SDS- I got my visa 2 weeks from the time I applied sa cic site provided complete na papers mo and upload docs and bayad visa fee nalang gagawin mo), pag Regular 3-6 months ata waiting time(Not sure basta matagal. and less papers, pag SDS kase hindi na required and Bank Statements etc.. You only need 10k mininum GIC from a Bank in Canada which you can apply online sa website ng bank, I applied thru Scotia Bank.
And how much po yung dineclare mong show money? :))

Panii

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Good luck po and God bless, question lang po.. Right after you paid for your school po ba, nag apply ka na agad ng visa? Or ikaw mismo mag decide when to apply for visa?
Hi po,

I applied kasi with an agent. After i paid for my school, it took me weeks before ako nag apply nang visa kasi we had to secure all documents needed for the visa most especially yung sa financial statements ko esp because i have a sponsor

linhda33

May 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

I hope I’m in the right thread.

BSN graduate po ako na never ginamit ang degree ko. Been working in digital marketing/public relations field for over five years now. Upon checking sa online tools, yung job ko now is under NOC Skill Level B. Now I would just like to clarify some things before I continue this journey of going to Canada. Ang balak ko po sanang entry is as a student then eventually PGWP, then apply for PR.

1) I am planning to study a Certificate (1 year course) in Canada under digital design/marketing para naman macertify na ang aking skills and people won’t assume na I’ll still be a nurse. May difference po ba sa pagapply ng PR/Express Entry kung certificate/diploma/post graduate certfiicate ang kinuha mo? Or it doesn’t matter as long as more than 8 months ang study mo sa Canada and more than one year and work experience?

2) Do I need to have my Bachelor’s Degree assessed for ECA? Hopefully for a future PR/Express Entry application.

3) I am planning to take the IELTS Academic by the end of this year. May nakaexperience po ba or may alam kayo na nagtake ng Academic then another for General Training for PR application?

4) Lastly, may anak po ako na 2 years old ngayon and isasabay ko po siya sana sa pagapply once I’m invited for PR. iiwan ko muna siya dito sa Pilipinas with my parents. Kung may similar experiences/tips po kayo sakin in this scenario, I’d gladly appreciate it.

Maraming salamat po at mabuhay po kayong lahat for helping ☺

Avery27

May 20, 2019
Good morning po..

Just want to ask if anyone here heard of GVS Global Visa Support?

I'm trying to check po kasi if they are legit or just getting my hopes up for the study-work program they're offering..

Avery27

May 20, 2019
Also, to those po na already landed in Canada with the student visa? How much was the expenses that you brought po? How hard to get a job po while studying there?

Kasi nadidiscourage po ung parents ko kasi may nagsabi po na mahirap para sa mga students makakuha ng job, so pano ko po masusustain ung sarili ko duon if ever, on top of paying for the remaining tuition fees & other expenses..

Sana po may makapag advise po sa akin, para po makita namin if kakayanin ko po magstudy-work sa canada..

Maraming thank you po..

Kikay10

May 21, 2019
Hi. Im 46 years old and i just finished my 1st year in college. i want to pursue my college. Am I still allowed to study there using my high school credentials? Thank you very much.

cel1012

May 21, 2019
Good day!

Was able to lodge my application (Regular Stream) through VFS Makati last May 15 along with the biometrics and the papers issued from my upfront medical exam. Most recent status indicates that my application is being processed by the IRCC office on the following day, May 16.

Hopefully I'll get a positive feedback by the end of June or something. :) good luck to us all!

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I just got a reply from CIC that my student visa was refused. I'm now getting my GCMS notes to find out why. This is the only reason stated in the letter:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.​

I got the letter exactly 6 weeks from the time I applied.