+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Patsh222

Jun 14, 2019
Processing times sa SDS- I got my visa 2 weeks from the time I applied sa cic site provided complete na papers mo and upload docs and bayad visa fee nalang gagawin mo), pag Regular 3-6 months ata waiting time(Not sure basta matagal. and less papers, pag SDS kase hindi na required and Bank Statements etc.. You only need 10k mininum GIC from a Bank in Canada which you can apply online sa website ng bank, I applied thru Scotia Bank.
Hello! Congratulations! I'm also planning to apply online. Would you mind sharing the list of documents you submitted? Thanks!

yzarcking

Dec 27, 2018
Hello, everyone!

Congrats sa lahat na approve ang study permit and sa lahat na narefuse (like myself :D) best of luck sa atin lahat, next time :)

Here is my timeline:

May 6, 2019 - upfront medical
May 28, 2019 - submitted application online - SDS
June 5, 2019 - biometrics
June 10, 2019 - received refusal letter

*paid 1 year tuition fee and GIC - but still application was refused
Ano po reason for refusal?

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hello, everyone!

Congrats sa lahat na approve ang study permit and sa lahat na narefuse (like myself :D) best of luck sa atin lahat, next time :)

Here is my timeline:

Hello po, would you mind sharing the reason for the refusal?

Chay_Tingkay

Jun 13, 2019
Ano po reason for refusal?
Hi!

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your level of establishment and language abilities.
:)

Chay_Tingkay

Jun 13, 2019
Hello po, would you mind sharing the reason for the refusal?
Hi!

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your level of establishment and language abilities.

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi!

This may be from your SOP or Study Plan. Maybe rewrite a stronger study to justify that you will be coming back home after the program.

Reactions: Chay_Tingkay

yzarcking

Dec 27, 2018
Reactions: Chay_Tingkay

psyduck

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hello, everyone!

Here is my timeline:

What is the reason for the refusal?
Ang bilis naman nila magbigay ng decision based sa timeline mo. I am still waiting for the final decision kasi. Submitted thru regular online application last May 13. Kinakabahan pa talaga ako sa outcome haha.

psyduck

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi po,

I'm a newbie here, planning also to apply for student visa. I have an uncle living in Toronto so ok po housing ko if ever. Ask ko lang if may need din ako docs from him or okay na if may GIC? Thank you.
let him make a sponsorship letter. Please include in your uncle's statement- "i will be sponsoring his/her food, clothing, accommodation during his/her stay here in Canada" i think will SOMEHOW strengthen the letter and the approval of your study permit :)
Please also provide your uncles's ITR, COE, payslips as well. Hope this will help. Let's hope for the best. :)

Chay_Tingkay

Jun 13, 2019
Also read and be guided by this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Maybe your intent is very one sided.
What is your IELTS result? GT or Acad?
And your course that you have enrolled?
Thank you for the info.

I'm not really sure about my letter of intent. Baka nga one-sided ang dating sa kanila. It was an honest to goodness letter. :)
IELTS Acad with an overall score of 8.
I enrolled for a post-secondary program.

Chay_Tingkay

Jun 13, 2019
What is the reason for the refusal?
Ang bilis naman nila magbigay ng decision based sa timeline mo. I am still waiting for the final decision kasi. Submitted thru regular online application last May 13. Kinakabahan pa talaga ako sa outcome haha.
Ang bilis nga talaga :D Naisip ko nga, sana nag paper application na lang ako.
Kaya ako nag SDS para makahabol sa Fall intake kasi school registration na starting July. :)

Good luck sa application mo. :)

Reactions: psyduck

aciremep

Apr 21, 2019
ito po yung mga reasons :(

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

What was the reason of the SP refusal?
Ako din 1 sem lang and waiting for final decision.

aciremep

Apr 21, 2019
Same GCKeys account
Hello po, I have the following questions in mind sana po masagot nyo hehe pasensya na po sa istorbo:

1. SDS online application po kayo and walang agent or di gumamit ng VFS services?
2. If you used the same GCKeys, did you mention in the forms or SOP that you were refused in your 1st application or hindi na po?
3. If ever hindi nyo po minention na na-refused kayo before, hindi naman po sila nagtaka na bakit may biometrics na kayo before?

Salamat po ulet in advance :)