+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Aquamarine28

Feb 25, 2017
Tanong lang po. Na-approve yung student visa ko nung May. However, due to an unforseen event baka hindi ako tumuloy - next school year na lang siguro. Baka lang naman po. Pagnag-apply ba ako uli reason for rejection yun sa bagong student visa?

angela412

Mar 15, 2016
i'm almost done backreading the conversations here, (now on page 540) haha..madame po tlaga tayo matututunan dito, i was able to follow the story of our seniors here, one of them Sir Mic mic---as i know of his story, right after he got his visa, he applied immediately for his wife and child, like the day after tlaga un.

In my case, we applied together, husband and 1 child, and we all got approved.. i can really say na case to case basis po tlaga sya, marami pong factors cguro na tinitingnan si VO, so depende dn po tlaga mag rereview un. Good luck po. :)
May I ask how long you waited from the time you submitted your application until you got approved?

Reactions: bob_atron

badetsky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online-Manila
App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2017

grace17ca

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-09-2017
Hi thank you, sa Acsenda ako business management course na tnake ko
Hello.. sa vancouver ka pala. di naman po kaya ikaw yung nakakwentuhan ko habang wait ng result ng xray sa SLEC? anyway, congrats po ulit! :)

Reactions: dyannebansal

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
yes... the very fact that they are aware that many people use the study permit program as a stepping stone into PR means that all the more you should prove to the VO that this will not be your intention as well... try to mention more of your home ties (family, property, a local employer certifying that you will be hired once u finish ur studies, etc) so that they'll be more convinced that you don't intend to stay away from home permanently...)
Just to clarify, CIC is very much aware of dual intent, this is an accepted reason to come to Canada. It is perfectly legitimate and is not frowned upon. Besides, they already know the intent of most students.

However, what needs to be proven sa SOP is that - in any case, things do NOT work out in Canada, you can go back to the Philippines and continue living a decent life with a decent job. So important sa SOP yung logical progression ng course mo, continuous employment prior to student application and appropriate finances.

There's not a lot of difference in reasoning but just needed to clarify that you don't need to hide that your intention is to stay in Canada permanently :)

RomanSky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Just to clarify, CIC is very much aware of dual intent, this is an accepted reason to come to Canada. It is perfectly legitimate and is not frowned upon. Besides, they already know the intent of most students.

However, what needs to be proven sa SOP is that - in any case, things do NOT work out in Canada, you can go back to the Philippines and continue living a decent life with a decent job. So important sa SOP yung logical progression ng course mo, continuous employment prior to student application and appropriate finances.

There's not a lot of difference in reasoning but just needed to clarify that you don't need to hide that your intention is to stay in Canada permanently :)
Hi mga expert @scorpio1641 , thanks sa mga comments ninyo. Mga 50 pages plang nbbasa ko rito.
Kindly cite an example "things do NOT work in Canada". (pasenya na, medyo complex sa akin, hehe)
Sa mga OFW with long work experience, sa SOP medyo mahirap mag reason out iyung continuous employment sa Philippines. Ksi in reality mastaas pa rin ang Average Salary ng nasa abroad compare sa Pinas. Position to consider is either supervisory or managerial level. Would it be a good reason for coming back to Philippines eh to start a business plus you will share or practice the knowledge and experience in Canada (guest prof sa school o guest speaker sa business). Would you think, they will be a strong SOP.

Reactions: Denis 2016