+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
lucybeth said:
hi po,
accountancy grad ako sa pinas, at Project management ang kukunin ko sa CANADA-related naman po sa course ko. ang asset namin ay yong cash in bank lang talaga na show funds narin namin which is sapat lang talaga. family lang ang strong ties ko. pwede ko po ba e attached ang house and lot title ng parents in law ko po? resign na ako ngaun at uuwi na ako ng pinas end of FEB. mag reapply ako pagdating sa manila, ano kaya magiging chance ng application ko ngaun na hindi na ako nagwowork. pwede po ba makahingi ng SOP nyo po?

thank you in advance.
pls check ur email, SOP sent. message ka lng! AJA! keep fighting ;) ;)

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
lucybeth said:
hi peej, nasa US po ba kayo noong nag apply ng STUDY permit?. congrats and GOD bless!
PH po

lucybeth said:
hi peej,
pahingi naman po ng copy ng SOP nyo, mag reapply po ako.... email ko po lucybethlualhati@hotmail.com
thank you po in advance.
sorry po, personal details po kasi nakalagay doon. basta sabi ko lang is mataas discrimination dito sa PH kahit sa magandang school ka pa naggrad, at yung course na kukunin ko is in line sa background ko academically and job experience. na kapag naggrad ako magiging irerecognize worldwide yung credentials ko dahil sa canada ako naggrad and madali na ako makakuha ng job kahit saan.

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
Guys pano pala sa drivers license, ano pinresent nyo para d n dumaan sa learners phase?

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
Rineskey said:
you need to get a driver's license abstract from LTO.
Awesome thanks! Besides that do you have to do a driving test?

Rineskey

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
you can only get the abstract from LTO main office east avenue, quezon city. you need to present the abstract to the licensing center together with your philippine drivers license. you need to surrender your license.

the purpose of the abstract is for you to skip the GDL license (restricted license).

yes you will do a road test for Class 5 drivers license.

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
Rineskey said:
you can only get the abstract from LTO main office east avenue, quezon city. you need to present the abstract to the licensing center together with your philippine drivers license. you need to surrender your license.

the purpose of the abstract is for you to skip the GDL license (restricted license).

yes you will do a road test for Class 5 drivers license.
Just read up on it! Ang hassle pala, layo ng east ave :/ but I guess mas madali na un kesa mag antay pako. When you say surrender, you mean for good? Or do they return it after processing the documents

Rineskey

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
@synder: they will keep your philippine license for good.

@peej06: yes valid ang international license for 1 year only. after nun mag aaply ka rin ng license dun. might as well submit an abstract and take the road test, para isang lakad na lang :)

Rineskey

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
TRELLEVILLAMOR said:
Hi guys! Has any one experienced getting asked for fbi clearance?
nag submit kasi ako ng application last dec 14 then just yesterday i was asked for it kasi nagstay daw po ako sa US for 12 mons. Need ko daw ibigay with in 30 days pero pag check ko sa fbi waiting time is 14 to 16 weeks. Will thjs hugely affect my application for refusal? .
Nalito po ako ano gagawin ..
Pls any one na may idea or experience pls pm me..
Hi, do not worry much about this as long as you have already requested your FBI police clearance as soon as you've received the letter from CIC and your records are okay (no criminal record). :)

What I did when this happened was I wrote a letter to the Immigration Officer that I may not be able to comply within the time indicated on the deadline for returning my other Requirements for continued processing of my application. Attached the tracking number from my courier where I sent my request for FBI clearance and an email from FBI refusing to expedite my case.

The embassy knows that requests for police clearances on certain countries can only be done with the immigration's letter of request from the country you are applying for, and it takes more than 30days depending on which country you are requesting from. I had to request for an FBI and Singapore clearance before and both I cannot obtain within the 30days deadline.

Simply state your case and wait for further instruction. Usually extensions are granted, it just usually really makes the application process a bit longer due to the wait for your clearance to be submitted. Other than that, I don't think this will be any grounds for refusal. Just a request for additional requirements. Hope this helps.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Rineskey said:
@peej06: yes valid ang international license for 1 year only. after nun mag aaply ka rin ng license dun. might as well submit an abstract and take the road test, para isang lakad na lang :)
So walang pagkakaiba ang normal ph driver license sa pidp? 1yr lang nila nirerecognize pareho?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi guys, just to update on passport renewal here in Toronto, I can get my renewed passport since last week pa pala andun so the 12+ weeks time to claim was earlier and for me, it took almost 5 weeks... Maybe I am lucky or they just say 12+ weeks to avoid frustrations if na-delay sila. My NBI clearance though, that was supposed to be here in 2 weeks is now on it's 3rd week :'(

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Kapag nastamp na yung student visa puwede ko ba irenew passport ko? May conflict ba sa canada kapag ngrenew na may stamp? Kasi mukhang malapit na yung 10yrs validity, naipasa na sa congress, papunta na sa senate then pirma nalang ng pres.

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mic-mic said:
Hi guys, just to update on passport renewal here in Toronto, I can get my renewed passport since last week pa pala andun so the 12+ weeks time to claim was earlier and for me, it took almost 5 weeks... Maybe I am lucky or they just say 12+ weeks to avoid frustrations if na-delay sila. My NBI clearance though, that was supposed to be here in 2 weeks is now on it's 3rd week :'(
@mic-mic
Mahaba ba ang process ng pagkuha ng NBI Clearance sa Toronto? Gaano katagal ang time na kailangan i-allot to process one sa Philippine Embassy? Whole day ba? Need to know kasi mag-leave ako sa work to do it. Salamat in advance sa advice.