+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

hopefulcouple

Mar 11, 2016
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
July 9, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
August 23, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
August 30, 2017
LANDED..........
September 7, 2017 (thank you , Lord!!)
scorpio1641 said:
Nope hindi sya necessary. Pero it will help in bolstering your case na intention mo talaga mag-aral dito. Usually schools have a reservation fee to hold your seat, and that will be deducted from your first sem tuition when u pay na. I paid initially around CAD2k tas yung balance pagdating ko na dito.

As for the financial requirements for the visa, I still presented the whole amount even if I paid the deposit. Sigurista lang ako

Pero no it's not a requirement to pay your school agad to get your visa
Thanks for replying, seniors!
Got it, ganyan din gagawin namin. Kuha muna ng bank statement before mag-downpayment. Thank you!!!!!

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi guys! I continue to get great tips and feedback from this thread, thank you to all those who take time to answer! :)

I would like to ask for the help of those who can provide some insight please since I have some concerns. Here is my brief background. Currently, I am a preschool teacher and I have been teaching for the past 6 years. I plan to apply for my student visa this year, either for Fall or Winter intake. I have already resigned from my job and will be unemployed by mid-June 2017. This is a risk I'm taking since I feel it would be unfair and unprofessional to commit to another academic year with my school if I know I have intentions of leaving mid-year. (On the plus side, I am in very good terms with the school so I can easily get an employment certificate as well as a letter stating that I will always have a job with them, should I decide to return).

After narrowing down my choices, I plan to take up Early Childhood Education at Langara in BC. On paper, I seem to be qualified for the 1 year (3 semesters) diploma course. As soon as I have raised enough for my tuition, I will proceed to finalize my application and gather the documents needed. From all the valuable tips I gathered from this thread, I would have ideally wanted to attend CapU and take their 2 year ECE program but the reality is that I cannot afford it. So rather than not going at all, I will take another risk by studying for 1 year and hopefully, work for 1 year as well.

So this brings me to my concern: I need exactly 1 year of work experience to be eligible for EE points. You can apply for PGWP as soon as you get your completion status from the school so technically, you have time to look for a job and hopefully find one to do for exactly one year before your PGWP expires, right? Do they base the PGWP duration on the day of graduation? Before my 1 year PGWP is done, I can apply to have my status changed so I can stay as a tourist for a limited time (but not work) when my work permit expires, correct? I know this is a huge risk and is not the ideal situation but sadly, I have to work with the cards I'm dealt with :( . Has anyone been in a similar situation? I realize this is quite the challenge but it's not impossible, right? *prays*

Reactions: lonelyboy 2017

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
lucybeth said:
Patulong po,

na refused po ako last Jan.25, 2017 due to the following reasons.

x family ties in Canada and in country of residence
x purpose of visit
x other reason: Not satisfied that you are a bona fide student & would depart Canada at end of your authoirzed stay.

kasama ko po si hubby sa application. balak ko po ngayon na mag reapply at hindi ko na isasama si Husband. kaso po nag resign na po ako ng work in Dubai dahil uuwi na po ako ng Pinas nitong end of Feb. paano po kaya yon kapag mag reapply ako at wala ng work.
patulong naman po sa SOP.
hello lucybeth... I sent my SOP to your inbox... hope it helps...

and maybe it will be best if ikaw muna mag-apply then sunod mo na lang si hubby... try your best to convince VO that you will still be coming back to Pinas...

stay positive and prayer harder... all the best! =)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
NearlyLucid said:
Hi guys! I continue to get great tips and feedback from this thread, thank you to all those who take time to answer! :)

I would like to ask for the help of those who can provide some insight please since I have some concerns. Here is my brief background. Currently, I am a preschool teacher and I have been teaching for the past 6 years. I plan to apply for my student visa this year, either for Fall or Winter intake. I have already resigned from my job and will be unemployed by mid-June 2017. This is a risk I'm taking since I feel it would be unfair and unprofessional to commit to another academic year with my school if I know I have intentions of leaving mid-year. (On the plus side, I am in very good terms with the school so I can easily get an employment certificate as well as a letter stating that I will always have a job with them, should I decide to return).

After narrowing down my choices, I plan to take up Early Childhood Education at Langara in BC. On paper, I seem to be qualified for the 1 year (3 semesters) diploma course. As soon as I have raised enough for my tuition, I will proceed to finalize my application and gather the documents needed. From all the valuable tips I gathered from this thread, I would have ideally wanted to attend CapU and take their 2 year ECE program but the reality is that I cannot afford it. So rather than not going at all, I will take another risk by studying for 1 year and hopefully, work for 1 year as well.

So this brings me to my concern: I need exactly 1 year of work experience to be eligible for EE points. You can apply for PGWP as soon as you get your completion status from the school so technically, you have time to look for a job and hopefully find one to do for exactly one year before your PGWP expires, right? Do they base the PGWP duration on the day of graduation? Before my 1 year PGWP is done, I can apply to have my status changed so I can stay as a tourist for a limited time (but not work) when my work permit expires, correct? I know this is a huge risk and is not the ideal situation but sadly, I have to work with the cards I'm dealt with :( . Has anyone been in a similar situation? I realize this is quite the challenge but it's not impossible, right? *prays*
based on my experience... my SP expired on March2016 and got one year PGWP... most of my classmates got one year PGWP too... btw, my program is one year only.

in looking for a job... I think it depends on your luck and timing... I've been doing a part time job for almost six months before I finally found a full time job...

please take note as well that you cannot extend your PGWP... but if you'll be enrolling in a 2yr program you might have max of 3year PGWP... best of luck! =)

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
elyxandria said:
based on my experience... my SP expired on March2016 and got one year PGWP... most of my classmates got one year PGWP too... btw, my program is one year only.

in looking for a job... I think it depends on your luck and timing... I've been doing a part time job for almost six months before I finally found a full time job...

please take note as well that you cannot extend your PGWP... but if you'll be enrolling in a 2yr program you might have max of 3year PGWP... best of luck! =)
Thank you elyxandria. I guess I was just looking for some hope, that while it's hard, it's not impossible. ;D

May I ask what your program was and where you studied? Will you be able to accumulate 1 year worth of work experience by March 2017 to be eligible to apply for Express Entry? Kung 2 part time jobs ka, as long as you get 40 hours of paid work a week, that's considered a full time job, tama ba?

Sana nga talaga 2 year program ang kukunin but hindi talaga kaya ng budget. So aasa na lang din ako sa tulong ng relatives ko who are teachers and PRs there already. Encouraging naman sila kasi hindi daw ako mahihirapan maghanap ng full time job sa field ko. Sana nga. Good luck to you also and thanks again for your input! :)

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
en999 said:
Hi everyone! New here. I'm still on the process of backreading and there are really a lot of helpful tips here. Hopefully I can contribute once makapasa. I'm a BS HRM graduate, worked in PH for less than 2 years after that I worked in USA for a year on a J1 visa. I just got back from USA then I immediately applied for a study in canada program. Usually people will study a postgraduate degree diploma pero I really wanted to have a double degree kaya I went for Psychology instead, kaya lang I'll be studying an associate's degree in a regional college muna since I can't afford yet to study in a university. Sana hindi ito makaaffect sa application ko. Any tips for me?
I would recommend that you re think about your course because a lot of people take courses like that eg psych, economics etc. This makes jobs more competitive. Look for jobs under the skills shortage list that are in line or things you are interested in (psych related). Kasi diba ung idea is dpat ung work mo when you apply for pr/work visa should not be denying opportunities for canadians.

Idk how canada is pero sa NZ kasi ganyan sila, if it is not very high skilled mawawalan ka ng chance mag apply ng WP

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
ano po ibig sabihin nitong message sa akin sa cic account? pero wala naman nakalagay sa final decision kundi "Not Started"

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.

Application/Profile Details:

Application status - Open
Review of medical results - Passed
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information - Not needed at this time
Final decision - Not Started

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
peej06 said:
ano po ibig sabihin nitong message sa akin sa cic account? pero wala naman nakalagay sa final decision kundi "Not Started"

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
Passport requirements
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
Usually... approved application... congrats! =)

Just make sure you'll be submitting your passport asap...

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
NearlyLucid said:
Thank you elyxandria. I guess I was just looking for some hope, that while it's hard, it's not impossible. ;D

May I ask what your program was and where you studied? Will you be able to accumulate 1 year worth of work experience by March 2017 to be eligible to apply for Express Entry? Kung 2 part time jobs ka, as long as you get 40 hours of paid work a week, that's considered a full time job, tama ba?

Sana nga talaga 2 year program ang kukunin but hindi talaga kaya ng budget. So aasa na lang din ako sa tulong ng relatives ko who are teachers and PRs there already. Encouraging naman sila kasi hindi daw ako mahihirapan maghanap ng full time job sa field ko. Sana nga. Good luck to you also and thanks again for your input! :)
International Business... nope my PGWP will be expiring this March... and my one year at work will be on July...

In Manitoba as long as you've got 6 months full time experience you're qualified to apply for Provincial Nominees... un nga lang Ndi express entry... but then once you've got your nomination certificate... you can apply for PR and at the same time extend your WP using your nomination certificate...

don't lose your hope... cguro konting research pa and maraming... maraming... maraming prayers! =)

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
peej06 said:

Passport requirements
passport.

Application/Profile Details:

Application status - Open
Review of medical results - Passed
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information - Not needed at this time
Final decision - Not Started
WOOOHHHHH Welcome aboard yo!

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
elyxandria said:
Usually... approved application... congrats! =)

Just make sure you'll be submitting your passport asap...
kapag naipasa ko na yung passport then naibalik na sa akin, what's next po? may orientation ba na dapat iattend? nakaindicate po ba sa visa/permit kung kelan dapat magland sa ca?

Synder said:
WOOOHHHHH Welcome aboard yo!
ganon din ba sayo? may letter ka na ng request of passport pero di pa nababago Final decision sa application status mo?

@all, sa mga nagland na sa ca saan po kayo kumuha ng ticket? paano po pala kapag may/maraming stops, eg. may stop sa taiwan/china/japan/usa need pa po ba ng transit visa?

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
peej06 said:
kapag naipasa ko na yung passport then naibalik na sa akin, what's next po? may orientation ba na dapat iattend? nakaindicate po ba sa visa/permit kung kelan dapat magland sa ca?

ganon din ba sayo? may letter ka na ng request of passport pero di pa nababago Final decision sa application status mo?

@all, sa mga nagland na sa ca saan po kayo kumuha ng ticket? paano po pala kapag may/maraming stops, eg. may stop sa taiwan/china/japan/usa need pa po ba ng transit visa?
Dont do that especially dont do a us stop over. Focus on the common ones that dont need a visa eg HK or SG. Book early for good deals. Dont risk the stop overs withvisas becuse when i went to aussie nasiraan ang plane so we had to de plane and boom no visa, but i was given a borders visa but then i still advise you to go via hk para simpe.

Yes and i dropped my PP off and boom had my visa. It is basicay "approved in principe"

en999

Feb 9, 2017
Synder said:
I would recommend that you re think about your course because a lot of people take courses like that eg psych, economics etc. This makes jobs more competitive. Look for jobs under the skills shortage list that are in line or things you are interested in (psych related). Kasi diba ung idea is dpat ung work mo when you apply for pr/work visa should not be denying opportunities for canadians.

Idk how canada is pero sa NZ kasi ganyan sila, if it is not very high skilled mawawalan ka ng chance mag apply ng WP
Thank you for the response! Since I'm already in the hospitality industry, my plan is to just continue that path nalang and not venture on a totally new one (even though I wanted to). So you mean kung ano yung tinapos mo sa Canada related dapat dun yung makuha mong job even though I have a degree na in the Philippines? And in Canada marami ng Psychology graduates pala?

I just thought na taking Psychology will strengthen my chances in applying for a pgwpp in the hospitality sector since it's a bit related in that field in the sence na you are mostly dealing with people. Plus, I'll be aiming to finish a 2nd degree but this time around in Canada. I also thought na hospitality is a common field in Canada (much like USA) but since I will have a Canadian degree, Canadian employers would prefer to hire me rather than those who studied for a hospitality management/business administration diploma. I have other courses in mind na gusto ko talaga pagaralan kaya lang sobrang layo na sa natapos ko sa Pilipinas and baka mahirapan pa ako magexplain kung bakit ako magbabago ng career path that's why ultimately I decided to take Psych.

Grabe ganun pala kahirap sa Canada maghanap ng job offer? I'm a bit confident nung una kasi I did well in USA, I became a front desk supervisor in a high-end ski resort after 6 months and won a couple of awards despite being a J1 visa holder only. I thought magiging advantage yun kahit papano in finding a hotel/resort related work in Canada kaya lang complicated pala talaga. I actually have a local agency and I already passed all the requirements except for the upfront medical which I plan to finish by next week. The goal is to leave for Canada on April or May. I guess if hindi papalarin I'll apply for a job nalang muna here in PH then try again next time.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Synder said:
Yes and i dropped my PP off and boom had my visa. It is basicay "approved in principe"
nakalagay ba kung kelan ka dapat nasa canada? or anytime puwede na pumunta?

en999

Feb 9, 2017
peej06 said:

I worked in an airport (PAL) two years ago, transit without visa (TWOV) is definitely not allowed in USA (paulitulit nireremind ng supervisors namin yan), you will become an inadmissible passenger and will be sent back to your country of origin right away. If may valid USA tourist visa (B1/B2) ka then by all means transit to USA wala problema yun. Regarding about Taiwan and Japan, yes, you can TWOV on those two countries. Just make sure in Japan you'll be transiting in the same station, kasi if not and you don't have a Japan visa, they will issue you a shore pass which I don't know how long it will take to process. Probably it's fast kasi Japan yun pero I won't risk it kasi kasi you'll have to pick-up your luggage pa, travel by land and re-check in for your flight. Ang hassle pero may gumagawa nyan, yung iba di na nila chinecheck yung flight details and binobook nalang kasi mura. I do not recommend this kasi hassle.

For China allowed din magTWOV pero there's only one city na pwede i-check thru ang baggage. Parang PEK (Beijing) ata yun if I'm not mistaken. Pag sa ibang airport station ka nagTWOV you will have to pick-up your luggage and re-check in again (airline employees knows this naman, kaya lang in my experience may iba paring agents na nalilimutan at nagkakamali so in the end nawawala yung bagahe ng pasahero). This information is from 2 years ago, laging may pagbabago sa travel rules kaya airline agents always checks the TIMATIC (Travel Information Manual Automatic) lalo na pag marami connecting flight si pasahero. Pero I just recently traveled sa USA kaya I'm confident na you can TWOV sa China, Taiwan and Japan.