+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
KULOTSKIE12345 said:
nabasa ko kasi sir na pwede ka mag declare ng common law partner even you are still legally married. basta mapatunayan mo na separated ka talaga.. baka meron ganitong status na nakapasa ng SP with a common law partner.
hindi naman po separated ang common law, katumbas po nun dito sa atin is live-in partner, magkasama kayo as husband and wife ang kulang lang is kasal. meron ngang STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON-LAW UNION

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
KULOTSKIE12345 said:
yes sir.. live in kami and di pwede makasal
KULOTSKIE12345 said:
hi! congrats pala sa mga naapprove na ang SP.. natapos ko din yung forum na to hahaha....

me and my partner are planning to apply for SP...pero madaming problem...

problem 1... kasal ako pero hiwalay.. ( i processed my annulment pero i decided to put it on hold dahil sa mga lawyer na mapagsamantala).. i am thinking of declaring my partner as my common law partner para mainclude namin yung mom nya as main sponsor since madami syang pwedeng ideclare na properties and maganda record ng bank nya.. or si partner mag apply at ako ang ideclare nya na common law partner.. if possible ito... ano po yung mga need iprovide as supporting documents..
Ayan po sabi mo kasal kayo at prinoseso niyo noon annulment pero hinold niyo. Edi legally married kayo pati sa dokumento. Paano mo po mapapatunayan na common law kayo at hindi kasal if ang passport mo and other documents e legally married ka

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/protection/fraud/document.asp

29Torrjane

Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
Hi sino na nka lodge ng application and still waiting for the result? Pwde mkahingi timeline? Thank u

hopefulcouple

Mar 11, 2016
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
July 9, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
August 23, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
August 30, 2017
LANDED..........
September 7, 2017 (thank you , Lord!!)
KULOTSKIE12345 said:
hi! congrats pala sa mga naapprove na ang SP.. natapos ko din yung forum na to hahaha....

problem 1... kasal ako pero hiwalay.. ( i processed my annulment pero i decided to put it on hold dahil sa mga lawyer na mapagsamantala).. i am thinking of declaring my partner as my common law partner para mainclude namin yung mom nya as main sponsor since madami syang pwedeng ideclare na properties and maganda record ng bank nya.. or si partner mag apply at ako ang ideclare nya na common law partner.. if possible ito... ano po yung mga need iprovide as supporting documents..

problem 2... i can't afford to study for 2yrs.. ano ano po yung school na nagoofer ng 3 semester (1yr) diploma?

problem 3... i am an undergraduate.. 2 yrs lang inabot ko failed pa yung ibang subject.. meron po ba dito na nakakuha ng SP na undergraduate? i mean 2yrs lang with failed subject..
Just to clarify, yung "partner" mo is yung wife mo? Or is it the new partner of your life? If it's the latter, medyo mahirap kasi you're not legally separated pa and baka kasi iisipin ng VO, what if hindi ma-approve yung annulment mo. Pero if you can prove na you're processing the annulment and strong yung grounds na ma-aannul ka, maybe you can attach all supporting docs. In my case naman, baliktad. We got married but there was no record na kinasal kami. Sa cenomar, single talaga status namin so we just declared our relationship as common law and we attached several documents from trial court and a notarized affidavit of cohabitation.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
KULOTSKIE12345 said:

problem 2... i can't afford to study for 2yrs.. ano ano po yung school na nagoofer ng 3 semester (1yr) diploma?

problem 3... i am an undergraduate.. 2 yrs lang inabot ko failed pa yung ibang subject.. meron po ba dito na nakakuha ng SP na undergraduate? i mean 2yrs lang with failed subject..
Problem 1:
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation (IRPR) subsection 1(1)
common-law partner means, in relation to a person, an individual who is cohabiting with the person in a conjugal relationship, having so cohabited for a period of at least one year.
Even where the cohabiting common-law partner has not divorced their previous spouse, their relationship with the applicant can still be considered a common-law relationship, provided that they have cohabited together for at least 1 year. It is important to establish by evidence that the applicant and the common-law partner have been living together in one dwelling as a couple.

Problem 2:
A 1yr program will grant you a 1yr PGWP. A 2 year program only requires you to have money for the 1st year. In a 2 year program there is a summer break, if lucky, you might get a a full time job and/or a secondary part time job. A 1yr course is not advisable unless there us a bridging program for the 2nd year.

Problem 3: Minimum requirements from school are high school graduate which is equivalent to 2nd year college in the Philippines. The answer to this depends on the school who is willing to accept and evaluate your credentials. Also, meeting the minimum criteria doesn't mean you will be accepted automatically. You education, current work experience and the course that you will take here in Canada have to match to be considered a genuine student.

Suggestion: If your common-law has a better chance of getting an SP then he should be the one applying, alone, for a better chance of passing, then later on apply you a temporary visa as a common-law partner.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
peej06 said:
how much po ang exam sa class5?
Operator License 5 Yr - $84.45

NearlyLucid said:
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. After some more deliberation, I have decided to try and go for the 2 year course. Yes, I still can't afford it right now but I spoke to some people and perhaps, it is still possible. Aside from having more years to my PGWP for the EE points, that also means I will have more time to work and pay off people I will borrow from for my tuition. So in the unfortunate event that I don't get through the EE program, at the very least I'll be debt free. :-[
If you go through a 2 year program + a 3 year working experience you are practically a PR because your EE points is off the roof. This is mostly how international student becomes PR and another is being a provincial nominee.

chmscrbbrfck said:
Hello po!
I am planning to take up my masters in Canada, problem is most universities (UVic, Unievrsity of Manitoba, University of Sasketchewan) requires a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree to get into their masters program, question is, do they consider relevant work experience in lieu of the masters degree? and is Philippine Bachelors degree not really equivalent to a Canadian Bachelors degree?
Work experience is work experience and education is education.
Philippines has 4yr highschool (before k-12) and Canada have 6. In short Philippines lack 2 more years in total. You need 2 more years, Masters, to get into a master degree program but I'm not 100% sure. It will depend on the school and the credentials assessment.
As an immigrant and as an engineer in the Philippines, Canada doesn't recognize you but companies recognize your experience.

PS. Base sa Family Code ng pilipinas ang annulment ay may mga reasons. (Consent not given by parents, mental illness, fraud; force, intimidation or under the influence; physically incapable of consummating the marriages, STD)
Hindi pwedeng magpa-annul kasi trip lang nila or ayawan na.
Infidelity is not a ground for annulment

lu271

Feb 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

Nagsubmit na po ako ng online application kaninang umaga. Ngayong hapon ko lang nadiscover ang thread na ito. :'(

Nagbabackread ako. Sa mga nababasa ko, medyo kinakabahan tuloy ako sa mga pinagsusulat ko sa letter of explanation / study plan ko. Anyways, andun na e. Hope for the best nalang. Pray, pray and pray some more.

Btw, I've been accepted sa Algonquin College in Ottawa, Ontario for fall 2017 intake. I am applying from UAE and according to cic website, 8 weeks ang fastest possible processing time ng applications mula sa location ko.

Congrats po sa mga na-approve na and good luck sa mga kapwa kong nagaaply palang. Looking foward na makakuha ng tips dito and makatulong din kung sakali.

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
lu271 said:
Hi everyone.

Nagsubmit na po ako ng online application kaninang umaga. Ngayong hapon ko lang nadiscover ang thread na ito. :'(

Nagbabackread ako. Sa mga nababasa ko, medyo kinakabahan tuloy ako sa mga pinagsusulat ko sa letter of explanation / study plan ko. Anyways, andun na e. Hope for the best nalang. Pray, pray and pray some more.

Btw, I've been accepted sa Algonquin College in Ottawa, Ontario for fall 2017 intake. I am applying from UAE and according to cic website, 8 weeks ang fastest possible processing time ng applications mula sa location ko.

Congrats po sa mga na-approve na and good luck sa mga kapwa kong nagaaply palang. Looking foward na makakuha ng tips dito and makatulong din kung sakali.
Bro same!!! Pero may start ko :)

Try not to frett to much ako wla nga Letter of explanation eh haha

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
Hi everyone

i will have ielts result on march 2.Favor naman po if anyone can share to me your SOP.I will apply student permit.Please you can send to my email applejane.morada@yahoo.com I really need an idea about making SOP.Guys it will be a great help to me.Godbless

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
lucybeth said:
thank you po, I got your SOP po.
Hi Guys baka po pwede nyo din saken share ang copy ng SOP nyo.I am currently in UAE and i will apply my student visa this march I really do need an idea how to make effective SOP.Thanks in advance.

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
lucybeth said:
hi peej,

pahingi naman po ng copy ng SOP nyo, mag reapply po ako.... email ko po lucybethlualhati@hotmail.com
thank you po in advance.
my email address is applejane.morada@yahoo.com

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
erwinjohn997 said:
Parang si Mic mic nalang ang nakikita kong co-senior ko dito ah hehe
Anyways, goodluck to all applicants!

Wag kayo mabahala sa 20hrs/ week na trabaho, meron naman under the table :p

Sa mga nahihirapan gumawa ng SOP just let me know, Maybe I could help po.

Sa mga denied po, always pray and re apply again :)

Regarding po pala sa MMR, its okay na mag pa vaccine kayo kesa naman magkaroon pa ng problema sa POE. In our experience (2015) wala sa amin ang hiningan ng mmr pero baka mas strict na sila

Sa mga nurses na nasa Calgary or nasa Alberta, alam niyo po bang pwede kayo mag pa assessed ng credentials and pde kayo bigyan ng government ng level 2 childcare certificate to be able to work in daycares? Just let me know if you need some information :)
Hi Mr. Erwin

I am currently in UAE.I will have my ielts result this coming march 2, then after send ko na mga documents ko sa college na aaplyan ko sa toronto.It would be a great help to me if you can share your SOP, or an idea how to make effective SOP.Sir this is my email applejane.morada@yahoo.com.Thanks in advance

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
elyxandria said:
hello lucybeth... I sent my SOP to your inbox... hope it helps...

and maybe it will be best if ikaw muna mag-apply then sunod mo na lang si hubby... try your best to convince VO that you will still be coming back to Pinas...

stay positive and prayer harder... all the best! =)
Can you also share to me your SOP please.My email is applejane.morada@yahoo.com
i am currently in UAE.I am just waiting to my ielts result this march 2.I need an idea how to make a strong SOP.salamat in advance po.

lu271

Feb 25, 2017
Synder said:
Bro same!!! Pero may start ko :)

Try not to frett to much ako wla nga Letter of explanation eh haha
Sis po ako. ;D
Thanks sa encouragement. Kaso yung nga, naipasa na. It's out of my hands now. Hope for the best nalang talaga.
Congrats sa approval ng application mo. Update mo kami pagdating mo dun. hehe.