+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
mic-mic said:
Hey applepen,

It's nice to have a very supportive boss! Pansin ko ang mga nahihirapan mag apply is mga nurse sa atin and mga single women (just basing it from people who talk to me and experienced rejection) but being financially stable and having properties back home is a good plus. Just make sure you justify why you chose Canada and what are your plans after graduation kasi usually ang mga na de deny is due to:
1. lack of travel experience
2. employment in home country after studying (might be a different case for you)
3. funds
4. ties back home (because the goal is to study, improve yourself and go home and reap the rewards of your study)

Goodluck and hire mo ako sa company niyo pag graduate mo :p

yay i got a reply from a very famous member of this group :)

*lack of travel experience - nako bahrain at dubai pa lamang ang narating ko
*ties back home - i have my own house in Philippines (maliit lamang na property)
*funds - i have like 2M Php for my whole study (i can pay my whole study one time to make them sure that is really my funds full stop)

sure sir ihire ka ng boss ko kung qualified ka no problems haha.Do you think i really need SOP.ano paba ang pwede ko iprovide.

SALAMAT very much.

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
mic-mic said:
Hey applepen,

It's nice to have a very supportive boss! Pansin ko ang mga nahihirapan mag apply is mga nurse sa atin and mga single women (just basing it from people who talk to me and experienced rejection) but being financially stable and having properties back home is a good plus. Just make sure you justify why you chose Canada and what are your plans after graduation kasi usually ang mga na de deny is due to:
2. employment in home country after studying (might be a different case for you)
3. funds
4. ties back home (because the goal is to study, improve yourself and go home and reap the rewards of your study)

yay i got a reply from a very famous member of this group Smiley

*ties back home - i have my own house in Philippines (maliit lamang na property)
*funds - i have like 2M Php for my whole study (i can pay my whole study one time to make them sure that is really my funds full stop)

sure sir ihire ka ng boss ko kung qualified ka no problems haha.Do you think i really need SOP.ano paba ang pwede ko iprovide.

SALAMAT very much.

rbp2200

Mar 2, 2017
Hello! Magandang araw sa lahat.

Plano ko sana mag apply ng student visa ngayon March kaso parang malaki ang chance ko na ma denied.
Kakatanggap ko lang ng Letter of Acceptance from Norquest College for the Physical Therapy Assistant Program, class will start this September. Kaso yung previous course ko is Practical Nursing and Computer Studies (na hindi ko natapos).

Problema ko kasi is single ako and both my parents eh nasa Canada na. Pero sila ang mag spo-sponsor ng aking studies and stay doon. Yung work experience ko naman dito sa Pilipinas was home base lang. Unemployed po ako ngayon for almost two years. Wala din ako property dito sa pinas na nakapangalan sa akin.

Wala ako ma isulat na mabigat na reason sa aking Letter of Explanation to convince the Visa Officer.
If meron kayong mga ideas sana matulungan niyo ako.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
applepen said:
yay i got a reply from a very famous member of this group Smiley

SALAMAT very much.
Travel experience - if you stayed more than 6 months cumulative from those countries you need police clearance from that country
Ties back home - a tie to own country is still a tie
funds - depending on the school, sometimes you cant pay tuition until 1 month before the class starts, which is late from application having it in your bank account is enough
You will need to carry this fund with you if you ever get approved

SOP are basically explanation if the visa officer starts doubting you
Better be sure than regret it later
the onus of proof lies to the applicant
show them as much as you want

rbp2200 said:

Plano ko sana mag apply ng student visa ngayon March kaso parang malaki ang chance ko na ma denied.
Kakatanggap ko lang ng Letter of Acceptance from Norquest College for the Physical Therapy Assistant Program, class will start this September. Kaso yung previous course ko is Practical Nursing and Computer Studies (na hindi ko natapos).

Problema ko kasi is single ako and both my parents eh nasa Canada na. Pero sila ang mag spo-sponsor ng aking studies and stay doon. Yung work experience ko naman dito sa Pilipinas was home base lang. Unemployed po ako ngayon for almost two years. Wala din ako property dito sa pinas na nakapangalan sa akin.

Wala ako ma isulat na mabigat na reason sa aking Letter of Explanation to convince the Visa Officer.
Im sorry to say but you have one of the weakest case here. The visa officer will see you as someone with dual intent.
The best course of action for you is to use an Immigration consultant.
This case needs a professional for you to have a chance in getting a visa.

applepen

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
vfs dubai
App. Filed.......
april 26, 2017
kapatid said:
Travel experience - if you stayed more than 6 months cumulative from those countries you need police clearance from that country
Ties back home - a tie to own country is still a tie
funds - depending on the school, sometimes you cant pay tuition until 1 month before the class starts, which is late from application having it in your bank account is enough
You will need to carry this fund with you if you ever get approved

SOP are basically explanation if the visa officer starts doubting you
Better be sure than regret it later
the onus of proof lies to the applicant
show them as much as you want

Im sorry to say but you have one of the weakest case here. The visa officer will see you as someone with dual intent.
The best course of action for you is to use an Immigration consultant.
This case needs a professional for you to have a chance in getting a visa.
Hi Kapatid,

yes i will provide police clearance.
SOP for sure.

I passed my ielts exam.super mababa as i expected pero pasok padin sa band score required.
start na ng pag pasa ko ng mga papeles.Thank you.I will let you know the progress guys.

Godbless :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
rbp2200 said:

Hmmm, it does look difficult for you, especially since you have not had viable employment there. Wala kang ties to the Philippines.

I don't know - maybe work for one year muna bago ka mag-apply ulit? Or at least finish your course there muna?

You can always apply for the student visa now - some people do get approved. Pero your chances aren't great.

ayne_16

Feb 13, 2017
mic-mic said:
Hey applepen,

3. funds

Hello to all...

First time to post here, I'm happy to find this forum and learned a lot from the experiences ng mga nag-share.

I received a Letter of Acceptance from College of the Rockies, for BA - Acctg. - Sept. 2017. (I'm BSBA - Acctg grad, but not a CPA)
After backreading from this forum, I am hesitant to proceed with my student permit application, what are my chances na ma-approve sa Student Permit or madeny :-(

- Travel history: 2 times - HK lang (1996 leisure and 2001 seminar/training), then on April 21-23, 2017 - will visit company plant in Sabah (company expense) pwede ko bang i-include yun?

- Employment in home country: been working in Accounting for 15years, my current employer allowed me to have indefinite leave for the duration of the program - with certification, conditions, transfer of assignment upon completion of the program in other Asian office (Sabah/Indonesia)

- ties: family: husband and son will stay here in Phils, (hubby working in government office and my son - student)
no relatives or families in canada, only friends

- property: lot only - loan from pag-ibig and bank (3more yrs to pay pa, can I present monthly receipts of payment and contract of loan since we don't have the original Certificate pa, which will be issued upon full payment, and a house with 2unit apt from my parents but not yet transfer under my name (still in process, medyo slow ang process ng transfer kse both my parents were gone na) sorry medyo complicated un proof of properties ko...

- Proof of funds: 1.2m (for tuition fee and cost of living)

- i am willing to pay sana yun tuition fee for the 1st sem, but stated in the LOA, "tuition should be paid after you received your study permit approval from your home country. It is important that you contact us immediately after confirmation of study permit approval so we can send you forms and instructions as to how to wire/transfer your first semester tuition fee."

thank you in advance sa mga magrereply, and pwede po ba akong makahingi ng sample ng SOP.

Thank you again..

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
rbp2200 said:

nasa canada pala parents mo. kuha kamo sila ng bank statement na may laman at least 23k CAD. kung wala sila ganun pera apply kamo ng line of credit.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
KULOTSKIE12345 said:
nabasa ko kasi sir na pwede ka mag declare ng common law partner even you are still legally married. basta mapatunayan mo na separated ka talaga.. baka meron ganitong status na nakapasa ng SP with a common law partner.
tama ang line of thinking niyo po. go ahead with the plan.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
NearlyLucid said:
Meron po ba ditong nag apply for SP without showing the full $10k CAD for living expenses? For instance, tuition fee plus additional money for expenses (but not the entire $10k as recommended, sabihin na nating half) and then attached letters/ documents from relatives in Canada who declare that they'll let you stay with them (so, no need for rent and food)? If you go to a public school din kasi, you'll have access to U-Pass monthly so you have your transportation covered na. Of course, the ideal situation is to show the full amount recommended but I was just exploring options, in case I really can't some up with the full amount. I have 3-4 families who are willing to write letters of support for me, as well as show documents proving capacity to support, and one of them will offer me a place to stay.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How did it work out for you? :)
i only showed 80% of the funds required and i was able to get a permit pero my wife was a big factor also because she provided her bank statement and letter of employment. if you only show 5k, kulang yan kasi paano yung pang bayad ng tuition mo?

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
ayne_16 said:
Hello to all...

First time to post here, I'm happy to find this forum and learned a lot from the experiences ng mga nag-share.

I received a Letter of Acceptance from College of the Rockies, for BA - Acctg. - Sept. 2017. (I'm BSBA - Acctg grad, but not a CPA)
After backreading from this forum, I am hesitant to proceed with my student permit application, what are my chances na ma-approve sa Student Permit or madeny :-(

- Travel history: 2 times - HK lang (1996 leisure and 2001 seminar/training), then on April 21-23, 2017 - will visit company plant in Sabah (company expense) pwede ko bang i-include yun?

- Employment in home country: been working in Accounting for 15years, my current employer allowed me to have indefinite leave for the duration of the program - with certification, conditions, transfer of assignment upon completion of the program in other Asian office (Sabah/Indonesia)

- ties: family: husband and son will stay here in Phils, (hubby working in government office and my son - student)
no relatives or families in canada, only friends

- property: lot only - loan from pag-ibig and bank (3more yrs to pay pa, can I present monthly receipts of payment and contract of loan since we don't have the original Certificate pa, which will be issued upon full payment, and a house with 2unit apt from my parents but not yet transfer under my name (still in process, medyo slow ang process ng transfer kse both my parents were gone na) sorry medyo complicated un proof of properties ko...

- Proof of funds: 1.2m (for tuition fee and cost of living)

- i am willing to pay sana yun tuition fee for the 1st sem, but stated in the LOA, "tuition should be paid after you received your study permit approval from your home country. It is important that you contact us immediately after confirmation of study permit approval so we can send you forms and instructions as to how to wire/transfer your first semester tuition fee."

thank you in advance sa mga magrereply, and pwede po ba akong makahingi ng sample ng SOP.

Thank you again..
bakit hindi niyo po isasama husband niyo? he can have open work permit under your student visa.

yung 1.2 million po sa tingin ko okay na yan pero dagdagan niyo kung kasama si husband.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
mic-mic said:
Hey applepen,

3. funds

my case may have been different pero i have never been out of the country other than going to Canada.

the most important factor in getting the student permit is what course you are taking and how much money you have for studies.

the four items listed look like requirements for a visitor visa.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
juliefaith said:
Hi everyone!!!

I applied for a post secondary program sa NAIT (edmonton) last week pa at ngayon ko lang nadiscover ang forum na to. Medyo kinakabahan ako dahil matagal ang response ng NAIT. I'm also confused with the TO DO ITEMS under my school portal which requires me english, math and science. I'm a Mining Engineer and have submitted already my TOR and college diploma. Kelangan ko pa bang magtake ng EILTS for the program i applied?

PS: nagbackread ako ng conversations dito and i got so many questions in mind. hope you could help me
graduate ka po ng UP?

i assume na wala ka pang letter of acceptance. geomatics engineering po ba yung program na inapplyan mo?

ito yung language requirements ng NAIT: www.nait.ca/56525.htm

ChristianM

Mar 3, 2017
juliefaith said:
Hi everyone!!!

I applied for a post secondary program sa NAIT (edmonton) last week pa at ngayon ko lang nadiscover ang forum na to. Medyo kinakabahan ako dahil matagal ang response ng NAIT. I'm also confused with the TO DO ITEMS under my school portal which requires me english, math and science. I'm a Mining Engineer and have submitted already my TOR and college diploma. Kelangan ko pa bang magtake ng EILTS for the program i applied?

PS: nagbackread ako ng conversations dito and i got so many questions in mind. hope you could help me
Hi po

Im christian, ask ko lg po sana paano mg register sa NAIT? Ano po una nyong mga pinasa at ginawa?

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
ChristianM said:
Hi po

Im christian, ask ko lg po sana paano mg register sa NAIT? Ano po una nyong mga pinasa at ginawa?
wala po ba nakalagay sa website nila kung paano?