+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

supermomonja

Jun 28, 2016
elladayrit said:
Just a quick question. Why did you choose Selkirk College for hospitality management?

Please update us on your canadian journey!!
Advise lang sakin na dun ako kumuha ng hosp management and when I look at their website. It seems na maganda ung curriculum nila for hosp management. :)
Yes I will update everyone. Thank you.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
MCBIN said:
Thank you scorpio1641!
What about police clearance? :)
Not needed na, NBI lang.

Smartale said:
Hi again sccorpio1641. Just a follow-up question. On the average, how much contact hours would it require studying a two-year course in Centennial? Is it also required to enrol during summer given a 4-semester program? Do they offer academic scholarships? Is there enough part-time jobs for International Students? Anong mga part-time jobs ang in demand? Any skills that you can suggest that I or anybody should learn to better cope up living in Toronto? Thanks in advance! God bless...
1. What do you mean contact hours? About 20-25 hours a week of school.
2. If you have a two year course, you just file a piece of paper lang before summer break, signifying that you are taking a break and will be back in September
3. Nope, scholarships and bursaries are only for domestic students. Discriminatory, sure, pero cash cow nila ang international studens.
4. I can't tell you if there is enough, but there are many. Depende sa tiyaga mo. You can get a part time job in lots of industries, as for demand, I don't know. Retail, restaurant work, sales associate jobs, factory work .... nasa yo yan if matiyaga ka then you'll get one. There is no "guaranteed" job, for sure. It really depends on you.
4. As for skills, basic survival skills? LOL Basta hindi ka mapili sa trabaho at committed ka sa end goal mo (which is to gain PR). Be resourceful, be ready to adapt and walang complaints dapat. Make the full commitment, yun lang siguro. Ipagpaliban mo muna yung shopping at saka lakwatsa (unless marami kang pera).

Smartale

Apr 1, 2016
Thank you scorpio41 for your patience in answering my questions. Your response is highly appreciated.

Can I add you po as a friend in FB? :)

scorpio1641 said:
Not needed na, NBI lang.

1. What do you mean contact hours? About 20-25 hours a week of school.
2. If you have a two year course, you just file a piece of paper lang before summer break, signifying that you are taking a break and will be back in September
3. Nope, scholarships and bursaries are only for domestic students. Discriminatory, sure, pero cash cow nila ang international studens.
4. I can't tell you if there is enough, but there are many. Depende sa tiyaga mo. You can get a part time job in lots of industries, as for demand, I don't know. Retail, restaurant work, sales associate jobs, factory work .... nasa yo yan if matiyaga ka then you'll get one. There is no "guaranteed" job, for sure. It really depends on you.
4. As for skills, basic survival skills? LOL Basta hindi ka mapili sa trabaho at committed ka sa end goal mo (which is to gain PR). Be resourceful, be ready to adapt and walang complaints dapat. Make the full commitment, yun lang siguro. Ipagpaliban mo muna yung shopping at saka lakwatsa (unless marami kang pera).

RGC022

Aug 19, 2016
Hi, fellow Pinoys! Tanong ko lang, pinarequest ako ng NBI Clearance more than a month ago, tapos nag-stall na yung processing online. Nakalagay lang "Submitted" pero hindi pa siya "Received." I'm so nervous, kasi mag-September na. I applied nung June 20 pa.

Any similar experiences here? Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks everyone. :D

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Smartale said:
Thank you scorpio41 for your patience in answering my questions. Your response is highly appreciated.

Can I add you po as a friend in FB? :)
I'll PM you :)

marychris27 I cannot PM you coz your inbox is full.

RGC022 said:
Hi, fellow Pinoys! Tanong ko lang, pinarequest ako ng NBI Clearance more than a month ago, tapos nag-stall na yung processing online. Nakalagay lang "Submitted" pero hindi pa siya "Received." I'm so nervous, kasi mag-September na. I applied nung June 20 pa.

Any similar experiences here? Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks everyone. :D
Hmmm, you can try the case specific enquiry link for Manila: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=manila since nag exceed na sa normal processing times yung application mo. Good luck

supermomonja

Jun 28, 2016
Hi any advice on what to bring and sabihin sa imig oficer pag dating ng canada. Will be flying on the 30th and im worried kung ano ang mangyyri sa immiration officer sa airport. Thanks.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^walang mangyayari sa yo, relax lang lol. Vancouver is your point of entry, right?
Bring all your school documents and financial documents, your letter of introduction and place them all in one folder.
Normally, all you present to the CBSA is your passport, letter of introduction from the embassy and tuition fee receipt from the school.
They asked me why I was here, what school I was studying in and have I already paid for my tuition.
Then they printed out my student permit and I was done.

supermomonja

Jun 28, 2016
scorpio1641 said:
^walang mangyayari sa yo, relax lang lol. Vancouver is your point of entry, right?
Bring all your school documents and financial documents, your letter of introduction and place them all in one folder.
Normally, all you present to the CBSA is your passport, letter of introduction from the embassy and tuition fee receipt from the school.
They asked me why I was here, what school I was studying in and have I already paid for my tuition.
Then they printed out my student permit and I was done.
yes Vancouver is my point of entry. 14 hours pa layover ko dun lol. sobrang tagal. ano ung sa financial documents? kasi I'm planning to bring cash lang. USD will do ba o do I need to change it na agad agad pagdating dun to CAD? other than money. ano pa included sa financial docs? haha thanks sa info.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^actually, hindi nga nila tiningnan pa ang cash ko so I have no idea. Up to you, I don't think it will matter much. I brought in 5K CAD
financial docs - just the docs / bank statements that you filed with your application but the chances are high that the CBSA won't even look at them unless you give them reason to!
Isang tanong, isang sagot, wag na magvolunteer ng info. Kung ano lang ang hiningi nila yun lang ang ibigay mo but be ready just in case.

supermomonja

Jun 28, 2016
scorpio1641 said:
^actually, hindi nga nila tiningnan pa ang cash ko so I have no idea. Up to you, I don't think it will matter much. I brought in 5K CAD
financial docs - just the docs / bank statements that you filed with your application but the chances are high that the CBSA won't even look at them unless you give them reason to!
Isang tanong, isang sagot, wag na magvolunteer ng info. Kung ano lang ang hiningi nila yun lang ang ibigay mo but be ready just in case.
If 5 hours and 30 min ba ang layover sa Vancouver? enough na un para maka-transfer ako sa isang airline. Kasi dba matagal daw ung pila sa officer para dun sa student permit?
Thanks. Bka maiwan ng connecting flight e hehe.

lourve

Star Member
May 11, 2016
RGC022 said:
Thank you so much for the note! I got my passport request today! Is this a good sign?
That means you are approved! Finally :) Congratulations.. You will be landing soon in Canada ;)

RGC022

Aug 19, 2016
lourve said:
That means you are approved! Finally :) Congratulations.. You will be landing soon in Canada ;)
Finally! Thank you so much. Will let you know how it goes. :) I'll be starting in UBC's Okanagan campus this Fall Term. Anyone else going to UBCO here? :D

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
supermomonja said:
If 5 hours and 30 min ba ang layover sa Vancouver? enough na un para maka-transfer ako sa isang airline. Kasi dba matagal daw ung pila sa officer para dun sa student permit?
Thanks. Bka maiwan ng connecting flight e hehe.
enough na yan, I don't think the whole procedure will take 5 hours naman :)

can4gud

Mar 29, 2015
HELLO EVERYONE,
I WAS IN THIS FORUM A YEAR AGO. I WAS STILL IN PNAS BACK THEN. BUT I WAS GRANTED A VISITOR VISA HERE IN CANADA LAST MAY 2016 SO I AM CURRENTLY STAYING HERE IN TORONTO. AS FAR AS I COULD REMEMBER I WAS ASKING YOU GUYS ABOUT HOW TO STUDY IN CANADA. I MIGHT SHARE SOME OF MY EXPERIENCES HERE AS A TOURIST TO THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO ASK. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM HERE TO REVEAL TO YOU GUYS THAT STUDYING HERE IN CANADA AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE. I WENT TO SOME OF THE SO-CALLED CHEAP COLLEGES HERE LIKE CDI, ANDERSON, TRIOS.. AND ANY COURSE THAT IVE INQUIRED, ITLL COST ME AROUND 20K CANADIAN DOLLARS TO ENROLL. SO FOR ME, ITS REALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THAT AMOUNT. SO IM ASKING ANYONE WHOS BEEN HERE OR IS CURRENTLY HERE TO PLEASE ADVICE ME BECAUSE FOR NOW I WANNA EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS POSSIBLE JUST TO PROLONG MY STAY HERE.
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS...