+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Smartale

Apr 1, 2016
scorpio1641 said:
For that course, I think you choose Toronto or Vancouver. Nasa sa big cities ang madaming opportunities for Hospitality Management and Business Ad. I'm in Toronto and enjoying it here so I would recommend to come here, pero it's really up to you. Toronto has several good colleges - my school (Centennial) is one of them, plus you have many other choices like Humber, Seneca, George Brown. Some other people prefer a smaller, less urban province but not for me. After I went to Calgary for my vacation, I got bored lol

Madali ang PR -- hard to say. Immigration rules change constantly. Saka hindi ko pa yan inaaral, I'm just focusing on finishing my studies first. There was a regime change last year when Canada had their elections, from conservative to liberal ... naghigpit yung conservatives sa international students but reportedly changes are coming soon. So we shall see. My advice to you for now - pick a good school with a good two year program, make sure your background fits the course you choose and commit to finishing your studies. Worry about PR later :)
Hi scorpio1641, just a newbie here planning to apply for a student visa. I got personally curious about your post especially when you mentioned about Centennial College as one of the good colleges in Toronto. I wanted to enrol Business Accounting in Centennial College. Will they require WES by the way? I need a piece of your honest opinion or advice. Well, whatever will it be it will surely be valued. Kasi I'm not sure if its kinda late na for me to go back to school again since I'm on my late 30s na rin, but I am willing to go back to zero or square one. I am not sure kung issue ba ung age when studying and working there? Are there any/accounting jobs na pwede ko ma-aaplayan while studying? I have a stable job here in the Philippines but like most us here I would like a better future for my family especially my kids and I beleive Canada is one of the most favorable country to live in. Sa tingin mo ba it'll be worth the sacrifice to give up the work I have for almost a decade and then study and live in Canada? I know its not easy, but will the cost be manageable? Thank you in advance!

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^Hi Smartale. First off, no, you do not need WES while applying for the student visa but you do have to take the academic IELTS. Second, no, it is not too late for you to go back to school - actually magkaedad lang tayo :D. Maraming mas matanda pa sa akin dito. It is not an issue at all, and it isn't an issue in the Canadian workplace either, since it is illegal to deny you work because of your age.

Smartale said:
Are there any/accounting jobs na pwede ko ma-aaplayan while studying?
To be frank, don't expect that you can work part time in your profession while you are studying. Your best bet is blue collar work, since not a lot of companies are willing to hire intenational students na temporary lang muna ang status dito. Ako nga, I had a well paying job in the Philippines and I basically could buy most of the things I wanted, travel occasionally, it was very comfortable nga. Pero I gave it all up. There are times when I miss my old life pero iniisip ko na lang ang goal ko to be a permanent resident here :) No regrets naman sa decision kaya lang for now sacrifice talaga. And in your case, you have kids, it'll be worth it for them, you know what I mean? Maganda buhay dito pero hindi rin siya basta-basta.

Smartale said:
I know its not easy, but will the cost be manageable? Thank you in advance!
It requires a sizeable amount to be sure. You are going to spend around P1M for your tuition (for a two year course). Masakit sa bulsa. Pero look at that as an investment you can recoup when you start working.

Good luck!

MCBIN

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2016 / Re-applied September 19, 2016
Med's Request
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
May 17, 2016 / Medical'S Passed - May 26, 2016 \ Refused - June 28, 2016 Medical's Passed - September 30, 2016
Hello, I got refusal letter last june though I am planning to reapply.
Question ko po, kailangan ko po ba banggitin sa SOP ko na narefuse na ko once or hindi na?
Thank you :D

supermomonja

Jun 28, 2016
Hi,

Can a part-time job help my financial expenses in Canada while studying? Like daily expenses and tuition fees? Thank you.

Regards.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^daily expenses, yes. Tuition fees, no. Kung 2 year program ka, you can work up to 60 hours a summer to help with your tuition

MCBIN said:
Hello, I got refusal letter last june though I am planning to reapply.
Question ko po, kailangan ko po ba banggitin sa SOP ko na narefuse na ko once or hindi na?
Thank you :D
Kahit hindi mo banggitin, alam pa rin nila yan. Besides in your reapplication, kailangan mo sagutin yung mga reasons bakit ka nila dineny the first time.

supermomonja

Jun 28, 2016
scorpio1641 said:
^daily expenses, yes. Tuition fees, no. Kung 2 year program ka, you can work up to 60 hours a summer to help with your tuition
Ah okay. 60 hours per week pag summer? Yes I'm on a 2 year course. Care to share kung how much usually per hour ang rate pag part time? Thank you. :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^^depends on what province you are in. Usually pag part time jobs, minimum wage lang. In Toronto, it's 11.25/hour

nutshell29

Mar 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am currently in TRV status and am planning to apply for study permit while in Canada.

Has anyone experienced this? Please let me know.

Is this allowed? If yes, where do I submit my application?

I'm planning to enroll for January 2017 class.

cookiepao

Aug 20, 2016
nutshell29 said:
Hi Guys,

I am currently in TRV status and am planning to apply for study permit while in Canada.

Has anyone experienced this? Please let me know.

Is this allowed? If yes, where do I submit my application?

I'm planning to enroll for January 2017 class.

Nutshell, ikaw din ba yung nutshell sa Pinoyexchange forum?

Same here. I'm on a tourist visa and I'm in the process of applying for a atudent permit. I think this is possible kasi nakapag-consult na ako sa lawyer. Kailangan lang talaga mag-exit (pag naapprove na visa)

elladayrit

Jul 11, 2016
supermomonja said:
Hosp Management at Selkirk College. Thank you!!
Good luck on your application.

Just a quick question. Why did you choose Selkirk College for hospitality management?

Please update us on your canadian journey!!

MCBIN

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
May 17, 2016 / Medical'S Passed - May 26, 2016 \ Refused - June 28, 2016 Medical's Passed - September 30, 2016
Hello!

Tanong ko lang po, kakakuha ko lang kasi NBi nung May4,2016 and plano ko na po maglodge ulit ng application sa september1,2016. Pwede ko pa po ba magamit yun?
Salamat :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
MCBIN said:
Hello!

Tanong ko lang po, kakakuha ko lang kasi NBi nung May4,2016 and plano ko na po maglodge ulit ng application sa september1,2016. Pwede ko pa po ba magamit yun?
Salamat :)
^nope, kukuha ka ulit kasi dapat within the last 3 months before applying mo siya kinuha. Pinaulit sa kin yong sa akin before kaya alam ko :D

MCBIN

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
scorpio1641 said:
^nope, kukuha ka ulit kasi dapat within the last 3 months before applying mo siya kinuha. Pinaulit sa kin yong sa akin before kaya alam ko :D
Thank you scorpio1641!
What about police clearance? :)

Smartale

Apr 1, 2016
Hi again sccorpio1641. Just a follow-up question. On the average, how much contact hours would it require studying a two-year course in Centennial? Is it also required to enrol during summer given a 4-semester program? Do they offer academic scholarships? Is there enough part-time jobs for International Students? Anong mga part-time jobs ang in demand? Any skills that you can suggest that I or anybody should learn to better cope up living in Toronto? Thanks in advance! God bless...

scorpio1641 said:
^Hi Smartale. First off, no, you do not need WES while applying for the student visa but you do have to take the academic IELTS. Second, no, it is not too late for you to go back to school - actually magkaedad lang tayo :D. Maraming mas matanda pa sa akin dito. It is not an issue at all, and it isn't an issue in the Canadian workplace either, since it is illegal to deny you work because of your age.

To be frank, don't expect that you can work part time in your profession while you are studying. Your best bet is blue collar work, since not a lot of companies are willing to hire intenational students na temporary lang muna ang status dito. Ako nga, I had a well paying job in the Philippines and I basically could buy most of the things I wanted, travel occasionally, it was very comfortable nga. Pero I gave it all up. There are times when I miss my old life pero iniisip ko na lang ang goal ko to be a permanent resident here :) No regrets naman sa decision kaya lang for now sacrifice talaga. And in your case, you have kids, it'll be worth it for them, you know what I mean? Maganda buhay dito pero hindi rin siya basta-basta.

It requires a sizeable amount to be sure. You are going to spend around P1M for your tuition (for a two year course). Masakit sa bulsa. Pero look at that as an investment you can recoup when you start working.

Good luck!