+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
itsats said:
so i guess we're on the same boat leOwlery having applied around the same time, jan. 5 classes and also with tickets already. you'll probably get yours before mine so please update us here.
hey guys, just hang in there. if they gave us ours, yours is definitely coming. :) cheers!

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
hello guys.
i just got a seat in bow valley college and need ko daw po mag bayad ng 1500 dollars for the reservation/deposit of tution bago nila ibigay yng letter of acceptance then yung balance for the whole tution fee for the first sem can be payable until may 2014 since my class will start on august 2015. ask ko lang po s mga seniors dito sa forum, nung nag apply po ba kayo ng visa binayaran niyo na po ba yung whole tution fee for the first sem o yung deposit lang po yung binayaran niyo?

thank you very much guys

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
superman2012 said:
hello guys.
i just got a seat in bow valley college and need ko daw po mag bayad ng 1500 dollars for the reservation/deposit of tution bago nila ibigay yng letter of acceptance then yung balance for the whole tution fee for the first sem can be payable until may 2014 since my class will start on august 2015. ask ko lang po s mga seniors dito sa forum, nung nag apply po ba kayo ng visa binayaran niyo na po ba yung whole tution fee for the first sem o yung deposit lang po yung binayaran niyo?

thank you very much guys
hi superman2012! same thing happened with mine but only 250 CAD was the tuition deposit to confirm my seat. the rest of the tuition was due a month before classes. they already sent me a first letter in the mail stating i was offered a seat. after i paid the tuition deposit, which in your case is 1500, that was the time they sent me the second letter in the mail (LOA). so i paid 250 CAD first, then paid full on dec. 1 (jan 5 2015 start of classes).

at the time i applied for my student visa, tuition deposit lang po nabayaran ko.

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
To anyone who want to drop off their passport at vfs global in makati
Dropp of time is only between 8am - 3pm
I arrived there at exactly 3:01 and they refused to accept my passport now i have to go back tomorrow

Galinh p nmn ako marikina 1min l8 lng wala patawad 0_0

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
superman2012 said:
hello guys.

thank you very much guys
I got my school acceptance around the 2nd week of October 2014 and I was instructed to pay 1,600 CAD to reserve my seat. They gave me a deadline of November 7, 2014 to pay for the rest of the first sem tuition fee.

Since during that time, I was only able to apply on October 30. I figured I should pay the first sem na because surely I won't get a decision by the school's deadline. I just paid it off and included the tuition payment receipt on my application (paper-based). For me, I figured it was better the Embassy knows everything has been paid for na.

If you will apply early (like 15 weeks before may 2015), I think it's okay not to pay yet. I just don't know how early you can apply for your intake - maybe the seniors can give their input.

leOwlery

Dec 12, 2014
vash021 said:
I arrived there at exactly 3:01 and they refused to accept my passport now i have to go back tomorrow

I also read on their website that passport releases are only 3-4pm and if you miss that then you'll hve to come the next day :s

Still no news for me! I am completely and royally screwed. I hope the worst that'll happen is rebooking my flight.

OH! And is there anyone here who'll be going to Ottawa?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Still nothing today. I read through some of the posts in this thread and a lot of people actually weren't able to make it in time for their classes. At this point, I'm just frustrated and furious why they do this. When people receive their request for medicals, it's usually 90% approved already (means they reviewed your application) so why the long wait after medicals? If they respond to email queries and able to give out the approval within a week then what about the other applications sitting in front of their faces? It's just a waste of our time, effort, money and emotions. A lot of us had our lives put on hold for this (like not getting jobs). It's just major BS.

leOwlery

Dec 12, 2014
I'm not so sure about the 90% of the investigation into our documents being done before the medical request, seeing as it took them 24-48 hours to send medical request for online applications. But I am sure that there are many factors as to why they take so long to respond to requests. Including background checks and confirming information that was sent to them, not to mention having to handle the volume of applications they receive in a timely manner. It doesn't help that we apply pretty late too; they have a link that shows how long the processing times for temporary resident visas are, and for the Philippines 80% of the cases from September 2013 to October 2014 took 15 weeks to complete. Which, sadly enough, technically means that we are still "on time" according to the schedule of CIC.

I also feel like my background might be taking a bit longer to check because I used to live and study in Canada and I've been in and out of the country a few times in the last couple of years. They could possibly use that as a reason to reject my application on the grounds that I do not have a good enough reason to return to the Philippines. :S

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
leOwlery, I'm in Toronto. An old friend told me it's near there so maybe we can meet up or something :)

itsats, there are some who got rejected after their medicals, but when i was back reading, it seems only a very few do get that sad outcome. i think it's usually because of something the VO sees when he/she examines each of the individual cases more. or it's because of health reasons.

Speaking of health reasons, i told you guys before i had extra-pulmonary tb (spine) right? well i got a notice along with my visa that i have to go for a health monitoring thingy there within 30 days of my arrival. i hope it'll be okay (i'm still gonna read more about it). i'll update this forum about it, 'cause there may be others who may experience it sa future.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
ako, i was asked to pay CAD 10k for my LOA until Jan 15 for Jun. Waiting pako sa ibang admission ko. Sana lng may sumagot na before Jan15

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
here2share said:
Hello guys who are enrolled for Jan 2015 class but not having any update in your visa status.

I am also in similar situation and I applied online on 13th November. I did not have any update in my status for more than one month. I got admitted to PhD with full funding and I was worried that I may not meet class starting time.

I got the passport request today. I sent them an email (manila-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca) with title "URGENT, Application # S300XXXXXX, delay for the class start date", 5 days ago and I got the reply of my email this morning and passport request status update after two hours.

They might consider your case too. Explain your case fully and include following information in your email:

Name:
Date of Birth:
Application number:
UCI number (if any) :
Passport number:
Country of birth:
Contact address:

Hope this might help some of you guys!
Good luck to all of us :)
Hi po! is this applicable also sa mga nag apply ng TRV? gusto ko sana i try for my husband. Thank you for the info :)

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Hi! I think this is pretty off-topic. But I just want to know if anyone currently holding a study permit in Canada has tried applying for a US Visa here? How was it?

leOwlery

Dec 12, 2014
vash021 said:

I forgot to ask! what did they tell you regarding the processing time of your passport? 3-5 working days ba?

Still no news for me :( Hoping to get an email today!

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
leOwlery said:
I forgot to ask! what did they tell you regarding the processing time of your passport? 3-5 working days ba?

Still no news for me :( Hoping to get an email today!
Same 3-5 working days
gave my passport on 19 hope to receive it tomorrow

UPDATE: just got an email that my status in mycic has been updated and there was a new message containing POE Introduction letter