+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi, I'm new here. I've been reading this thread for quite sometime.

Online Application- Student Permit (from Philippines)

Submitted: November 7, 2014
Notified to Accomplish Medical Exam: November 9, 2014
Completed and Submitted Medical Exam: November 24, 2014
Medical Exam Passed: December 1, 2014

I'll post here since it's almost January 5,2015 which is the start of my classes. I'm a bit worried now, still no news.

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
It's been a month since SLEC submitted my medicals and still no decision :((( What the heck is going on with the embassy, it's like they're not processing ANY student visas as of the moment :((((( i have no choice but to re-book my flight. I hope naman sana next week, please dear God, meron na :(

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
@softmallowgum I have booked my flight for Dec.28. Classes start Jan.5. Nakakaloka.

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
itsats said:
@ softmallowgum I have booked my flight for Dec.28. Classes start Jan.5. Nakakaloka.
waah pareho tayo Dec 28! :-/ San ka sa Canada if ever? Sa Toronto ako. Have you packed or anything? I'm so lost, wala pa akong titirahan dun and everything :( I didn't expect it to be this long, like iniisip ko first to 2nd week of Dec meron na :(

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I'll wait until when ibibigay yung visa to rebook my flight. Wala akong choice. I booked ahead to avoid mag skyrocket yung fares. I'll be in Calgary, I haven't packed or even prepared anything. I'm staying at a friend's house while I look for my own place there. Good luck to us. Let's cry together. lol. ???

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
itsats said:
I'll wait until when ibibigay yung visa to rebook my flight. Wala akong choice. I booked ahead to avoid mag skyrocket yung fares. I'll be in Calgary, I haven't packed or even prepared anything. I'm staying at a friend's house while I look for my own place there. Good luck to us. Let's cry together. lol. ???
I'm gonna re-book mine if wala pa sa 26. Pareho tayo, I booked ahead to avoid the expensive holiday rates. Waah buti ka pa, I might have to book a (hopefully cheap) motel / hotel while I look for a place to rent out.

Yeah :'(

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
I applied online
I hope they dont ask for my transcripts and diplomas cause that would take it even longer

Only message i want to hear now is "Your passport is requested "

here2share

Dec 3, 2014
itsats said:
Hi, I'm new here. I've been reading this thread for quite sometime.

Online Application- Student Permit (from Philippines)

Submitted: November 7, 2014
Notified to Accomplish Medical Exam: November 9, 2014
Completed and Submitted Medical Exam: November 24, 2014
Medical Exam Passed: December 1, 2014

I'll post here since it's almost January 5,2015 which is the start of my classes. I'm a bit worried now, still no news.

Hello guys who are enrolled for Jan 2015 class but not having any update in your visa status.

I am also in similar situation and I applied online on 13th November. I did not have any update in my status for more than one month. I got admitted to PhD with full funding and I was worried that I may not meet class starting time.

I got the passport request today. I sent them an email (manila-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca) with title "URGENT, Application # S300XXXXXX, delay for the class start date", 5 days ago and I got the reply of my email this morning and passport request status update after two hours.

They might consider your case too. Explain your case fully and include following information in your email:

Name:
Date of Birth:
Application number:
UCI number (if any) :
Passport number:
Country of birth:
Contact address:

Hope this might help some of you guys!
Good luck to all of us :)

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
here2share said:
Hello guys who are enrolled for Jan 2015 class but not having any update in your visa status.

I am also in similar situation and I applied online on 13th November. I did not have any update in my status for more than one month. I got admitted to PhD with full funding and I was worried that I may not meet class starting time.

I got the passport request today. I sent them an email (manila-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca) with title "URGENT, Application # S300XXXXXX, delay for the class start date", 5 days ago and I got the reply of my email this morning and passport request status update after two hours.

They might consider your case too. Explain your case fully and include following information in your email:

Name:
Date of Birth:
Application number:
UCI number (if any) :
Passport number:
Country of birth:
Contact address:

Congratulations here2share! :)

Thanks for this too! I just emailed them now, but I have a feeling they won't be as understanding in my case. I dunno, I guess I'm having a more negative outlook now, hehe. Even if they do read my email, I have no choice but to wait. Their standard reply is within 28 days and if they don't reply, it's because my case is still within the normal processing time (and it is). I still emailed though, I don't think it'll be a mark against my application for emailing one inquiry. I'm just not looking forward to hearing from them anymore until I get the official decision from the embassy.

Good luck to all of us who are waiting! And cheers to your studies @here2share :)

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
vash021 said:
I applied online
I hope they dont ask for my transcripts and diplomas cause that would take it even longer

Only message i want to hear now is "Your passport is requested "
I applied on paper, I dunno how the news is said to us but I hope to hear from the embassy with my letter of instruction. I think the passport dispatched would mean a rejection in my case. I don't want that :(

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I don't know if @here2share's case would be different considering you didn't need the medical exam. If you got a passport request then probably ours would be following soon too. (hopefully! :'() @softmallowgum, I've read from some that their refusal came before the medical exam so be positive about it! For those who did paper application, passports were dispatched with email being sent to the applicants before medical exams.

Keep checking and keep updating guys!

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
itsats said:
I don't know if @ here2share's case would be different considering you didn't need the medical exam. If you got a passport request then probably ours would be following soon too. (hopefully! :'() @ softmallowgum, I've read from some that their refusal came before the medical exam so be positive about it! For those who did paper application, passports were dispatched with email being sent to the applicants before medical exams.

Keep checking and keep updating guys!
I followed his advice and emailed them anyway

leOwlery

Dec 12, 2014
softmallowgum said:
Hi leOwlery! It's nice to see that another one has come forward with a pending decision for the January intake. So far, it seems that 3 of us (including you) had our medicals completed and submitted around the same time, with no word yet from the Embassy. Just curious, were your medicals done at SLEC too?

My timeline:

Application Submitted, Paper based, VFS: October 30, 2014
Medical Exam Request: November 3, 2014
Medical Exam Completed - SLEC Ermita : November 10, 2014
Medical Exam Submitted by SLEC to CEM: November 17, 2014

Please keep us updated when you hear from them, just to see if student visa applications are even being worked on. I hope we all hear from them before the holiday vacation, so that we don't have to re-schedule intakes, re-book flights, etc.

Praying for good news, cheers!
I got my medical done at the Makati clinic, I forgot it's name. :s It was surprisingly a lot faster than I expected; I was expecting to be there the whole day, but I was done in a total of four hours. That includes the time it took to walk around the block to find a money changer because I had to pay for additional tests. Still no news right now! Still have my fingers crossed!
And thank you to sweetnovember14 for the best wishes! ^_^

leOwlery

Dec 12, 2014
here2share said:

I got the passport request today. I sent them an email (manila-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca) with title "URGENT, Application # S300XXXXXX, delay for the class start date", 5 days ago and I got the reply of my email this morning and passport request status update after two hours.

Name:
Date of Birth:
Application number:
UCI number (if any) :
Passport number:
Country of birth:
Contact address:

Thank you for the tip! I think I'll do that once they request my passport. I know they only ask for your passport if the visa has been approved so I'm sitting on pins and needles just waiting for that bloody email!! :'( My classes also start on January 5 and I've got a flight booked for December 28 so I'm hoping against all hope that everything gets confirmed by this week! I actually paid an educational embassy to help me with everything even though I didn't need any help. The good thing is because the agency is in Makati, I can send my passport through them and get it back within three to five working days. Good for me because I live out in Laguna and it would take them AGES to both pick up and mail back the passport. :s I also applied online because I was told that they process online applications faster than the paper applications, so I am both hopeful and nervous because I feel like maybe I'd have gotten rejected earlier if my case really was so objectionable x) For those who can check there application online, I read somewhere that the status of " Final Decision: Not Started" will never, ever turn into "Started". It will simply become "Denied" or "Passport Requested" or something similar.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi guys!

i got an agency to do my application for me so here goes. She sent me an email today saying that the embassy COULD be closed next week for the holidays so hopefully we'll get that dang decision this week!! I have tickets to fly on Decmeber 28,2014 also. I sent them an email (thanks to here2share) and informed them of this. My school won't allow me to start late and informed me that they will charge me 50% from my FULL tuition if I still don't have my study permit on January 5,2015. I made sure I mentioned this on my email too. They're having a system maintenance so hopefully applications are being updated. I'm so desperate here, I hope they consider us January students.