+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
leOwlery said:
@ itsats: No tuition refund if you notify them early?
Actually, I could if it's before the start of classes so I'm urging them to come up with the decision already so I can plan. I also have tickets to fly on December 28,2014 that's why I need the decision this week. (LIKE RIGHT NOW WOULD BE GREAT)

leOwlery

Dec 12, 2014
Ahahahaha RIGHT??! I've been refreshing my email every few minutes for like the past week! I just checked the Canadian Embassy in Manila's website and it says that they're only closed on Dec 25-26. Same thing for VAC.

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
If online applications are faster then I'm screwed. I think out of all of us here I'm the only one who applied through paper and I submitted mine October 30 pa. :( If you all get your passport request before me, I'd think I might just cry, lol.

I hope with all of our emails, the embassy will hear our pleas to get the decision before our classes start. I know they're probably busy since the new PR residency thingy will roll out next year, but I hope they don't neglect us students :-/

@ itsats, I called VFS one week ago, they said the embassy will only be closed on the 25th and 26th so I hope we can still get our papers before our flight. *please dear God*

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
softmallowgum said:
If online applications are faster then I'm screwed. I think out of all of us here I'm the only one who applied through paper and I submitted mine October 30 pa. :( If you all get your passport request before me, I'd think I might just cry, lol.

I hope with all of our emails, the embassy will hear our pleas to get the decision before our classes start. I know they're probably busy since the new PR residency thingy will roll out next year, but I hope they don't neglect us students :-/

@ itsats, I called VFS one week ago, they said the embassy will only be closed on the 25th and 26th so I hope we can still get our papers before our flight. *please dear God*

AMEN. tomorrow is the day! (desperation and Hopefulness)

leOwlery

Dec 12, 2014
vash021 said:
And it is indeed the day I just received an email that my passport is requested
Shit! I just checked your other post and it's exactly a month after your medical was passed! I passed mine on December 22 though so wtf! OMG so nervous hahahaha x) Has your online status been updated?

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
leOwlery said:
*censored word*! I just checked your other post and it's exactly a month after your medical was passed! I passed mine on December 22 though so wtf! OMG so nervous hahahaha x) Has your online status been updated?
no my status is still the same

only a new message indicating that my passport is required

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
vash021 said:
And it is indeed the day I just received an email that my passport is requested
congratulations vash021!! i hope we get ours leOwlery and softmallowgum! (fingers crossed!)

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
GUYS!!! I got an email na from the Embassy!!! APPROVEED!!! THANK YOU LORD! Congrats to us vash, to those waiting, I think our email did it. Thanks so much here2share for telling us about it!!!

All of you guys, your visas will come for sure! !!! See you all in Canada!!!

THANK YOU LORD!!!

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
softmallowgum said:
GUYS!!! I got an email na from the Embassy!!! APPROVEED!!! THANK YOU LORD! Congrats to us vash, to those waiting, I think our email did it. Thanks so much here2share for telling us about it!!!

All of you guys, your visas will come for sure! !!! See you all in Canada!!!

THANK YOU LORD!!!
Hey! Congratulations. I still didn't receive mine. It may take me a month after medicals like yours so it would mean January 1 for me? NO!!! ?? :eek: @leowlery!! wat up with your application??

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
leOwlery said:
HOLY CRAP nothing yet for me! If it's exactly a month after, then I'll be getting news on December 22!
Did you email them yesterday? It could be it since I know they usually gave out emails / decisions on a Monday. I mean, vash and I didn't apply on the same day and all. It could be our emails but we don't know for sure. At least we know now that they're processing our stuff :)

Edit: And if you get yours on the 22nd, they still have office then :)

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
leOwlery said:
HOLY CRAP nothing yet for me! If it's exactly a month after, then I'll be getting news on December 22!
so i guess we're on the same boat leOwlery having applied around the same time, jan. 5 classes and also with tickets already. you'll probably get yours before mine so please update us here.