+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
wondergirl1992 said:
Same here. I am not so used with disappointments so, i am really anxious ever since nagsubmit, it ako. D ko ata kakayanin pag narefuse akooo huhu
wondergirl, ur timeline looks great naman.. i got kc the email that my passport has been dispatched di pa ako done pa medical.. :) so dun pa lang, sure na ako it was a refusal..

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Never give up! Laban lang! Lapit na yung Study Fair! I'll try to see if there are useful information that's new to us :)

Just to share, when we applied for a TRV online, we just showed a bank statement amounting to roughly $5,000 and a bank loan for a property... yung iba daw, ang laki laki ng pinapakita na-de-deny pa din so I guess it's still a case to case basis :)

@humdrumdum, yup. I do agree that going corporate as an international graduate will be very challenging for me especially if I compete with graduates from the universities. That's why I'm thinking of getting a bachelors nalang but there's just limited time I want to alot in studying since I'm 31 years old already ;D
Dream program: health or energy related field. Reality: business management course. Maybe securing the visa first should be my priority and then I'll se where that takes me.

If $40k CAD isn't enough, then I might reconsider bringing my family with me... but like I said, laban lang! ;D

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
businessgirl2014 said:
wondergirl, ur timeline looks great naman.. i got kc the email that my passport has been dispatched di pa ako done pa medical.. :) so dun pa lang, sure na ako it was a refusal..
From what i read sa timeline mo, it was 11 days after ur application before they sent u the refusal, im on my 6th day p lng, and d p ntatransmit sa VO ung medical ko, so may possibility p rin n mdeny ako... although kc 6 months lng nmn ung aaralin ko... ang worry ko lng is, i ddid not attach ung business permit ng business nmin to support my claim that we hve a legitimate business.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
richies_boss said:
Magkanong amount ang nilagay mo businessgirl2014? Im putting 1.5 for me and my husband. 1 land title, 2cars, my business etc. And support from my parents...
Super hirap pala ang mag apply. The waiting is killing me. Tsk2x parang aatakihin ako sa puso. What do u think?? Ok na kaya to para sa couples like us? Or kulang pa?
It really depends. I'm here with my husband and daughter our POF is a little more than yours.. no asset.. but we have an affidavit of support from my dad who's a PR here.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
humdrumdum said:
Hi micmic, I would agree with most people and advice against business courses too hahahaha (not all of them, but mostly "management" in particular)

I come from a business background too (took it as my undergrad, few years experience with a medium sized company) and although it does help to have theoretical knowledge in management for any field, main goal in Canada is to land a job as soon as possible (at least in my opinion --- the longer you're unemployed = more expenses you're incurring that isn't backed up by income). Having specialized skills in a particular field may limit your options, but depending on the industry, it might make it easier for employers to hire you because you're exactly what they're looking for. This is precisely why people study health sciences; they know there's a demand for it. Easiest (and quickest) way to make the most out of that opportunity is a diploma, then you can upgrade your career by studying again part-time once you already have a job. It's a common scenario and a diploma is nothing to be ashamed of.

But I don't agree with frustratedcanadian re: course credit. It's not impossible to get course credit with a degree from the Philippines. If you're planning to, it's possible, but you need to present the course syllabus of the course you've already taken (so that the school can verify if the course is comparable). So if you've already thrown those away after college, you'll have to go through the hassle of contacting professors or asking other contacts.

Having course credit DOES NOT immediately make you a part-time student. The definition of a full-time student varies per institution. Some universities define them as students who are enrolled for at least 9 credits per semester, while some technical institutions like ours define them as having at least 60% of the full-time course load that term. Getting transfer credit will definitely not disqualify you for a study permit (did it to tell the tale hahaha).
I also did not do it because well.. I paid for the course already and you are not getting your money back no matter how many subjects gets credited.

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
frustratedcanadian said:
It really depends. I'm here with my husband and daughter our POF is a little more than yours.. no asset.. but we have an affidavit of support from my dad who's a PR here.
we are actually looking for that angle.my brother is in edmonton right now, tapos PR na sila, may work silang 2 ng wife nya.. :)

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
richies_boss said:
Sis wondergirl1992 parang ok ung profile mo.. natapos mo na medical mo sana tuloy2x na.☺ pray lang tayo lahat sis. Kabado nga ako kasi dalawa kami mag aapply yung hubby ko ang mag aaral tas ako ay TRV and OWP. Sabay kaming mag apply. Sana everything will fall into places. Sana good news.. huhuhu wala pa naman akong nakitang story na sabay nag apply yung mag asawa.

Wwhhhhaaattt?? :eek: mag isa ka lang tas kulang pa yan as show money??? Ano ba yan.. lalo tuloy ako kinabahan... huhuhu ano na balak mo sis?? Mag aapply ka ulit?
Hi. I applied with my husband (OWP) and daughter on TRV. And don't worry.. its not all about the money.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
businessgirl2014 said:
we are actually looking for that angle.my brother is in edmonton right now, tapos PR na sila, may work silang 2 ng wife nya.. :)

But will you be staying in Edmonton?

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
frustratedcanadian said:

But will you be staying in Edmonton?
nope.. are you staying in the same place with your sponsor?

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Speaking of sponsors, can I include my uncle (mom's bro) to be my sponsor? Or does it further complicate things? My mom has 2 sisters and a brother who are there for 20 years or so already. I'm just thinking maybe having one of them as sponsor can ease the pressure on the financial part?

Edit: I jut got email from the Canada school fair and they'll be discussing the EOI from 10:30am until 12pm. I'll just take notes and see if there will be something interesting that comes up ;D

richies_boss

Jul 19, 2014
frustratedcanadian said:

Buti kapa sis. Sana kami din soon in God's time. Sana ibigay samin ni Lord. Huhuhu kumusta naman kau jan? Naka pag adjust na ba? Naka hanap na kau ni hubby ng work?? Ung baby mo sis jan na rin siya nag aaral??

maxplank858

Sep 7, 2014
Hi po uli.. :)

Tatanung ko lang po kung mas ok mag apply sa mismong website ng college na papasukan kaysa sa ontario colleges . ca ... Naresearch ko kasi na tingin mas mura mag apply directly sa website ng college than sa isa kasi they have to assess the docu through ICAS... Tama po ba? Thank you po sa mga inputs :)

Anyway isa pa po.... Sino po dito ang nag apply sa George Brown or nag aaral na? Share naman po ng inputs dyan kung ano po ang ginawa nyo.

GOD BLESS :)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
hi everyone...

for those who worried about their POF... just want to share my experience...

My POF on SP application is just more than 25K CAD but still I am lucky to be granted a STUDENT VISA... I think it is really case to case basis...
by the way, I included an excel file with the Summary of My Financial Expenses for a year...

good luck to everyone! =)

by the way, I have some questions here if you don't mind... I'm about to submit application na kasi for my husband and baby... pero online application silang dalawa since my hubby is a Vietnamese and my baby is a Filipino... please help naman... ask ko lang sana ano ano po ung mga requirements na pinasa nyo for your hubby... (OWP)

and for those who did online application... ask ko na rin sana if gumawa ka ba muna ng CIC account before clicking the APPLY ONLINE button... your response will be very much appreciated... thanks a lot... =)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
elyxandria said:
hi everyone...

for those who worried about their POF... just want to share my experience...

My POF on SP application is just more than 25K CAD but still I am lucky to be granted a STUDENT VISA... I think it is really case to case basis...
by the way, I included an excel file with the Summary of My Financial Expenses for a year...

good luck to everyone! =)

by the way, I have some questions here if you don't mind... I'm about to submit application na kasi for my husband and baby... pero online application silang dalawa since my hubby is a Vietnamese and my baby is a Filipino... please help naman... ask ko lang sana ano ano po ung mga requirements na pinasa nyo for your hubby... (OWP)

and for those who did online application... ask ko na rin sana if gumawa ka ba muna ng CIC account before clicking the APPLY ONLINE button... your response will be very much appreciated... thanks a lot... =)
hello sis! congrats on being grante a student visa. anyway, i just want to ask, is it 25k excluding the tuition that you paid? and if u would kindly post here all the documents that you presented.. thank u very much sis.. sis hopeful83 was granted visa with her family, i guess you can ask her.. pero medyo busy na kc sya bcos start na class, :)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
hi businessgirl...

I partially paid my tuition fee amounted to 5K then my husband's savings around 1OK then mine is around 5K... I also submitted financial support letter of my husband since he will be my financier, his monthly payslip and certificate of employment... As I have mentioned... I included a summary of my financial study plan for one year... My friend just helped me in doing a SOP... which I believe makes my application stronger... and of course faith on HIM... =)