+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello again, I remember that I read somewhere here sa thread inquiring about the discrepancy nun issued date sa visa nya and sa length ng stay niya sa Canada; I ran into an info that might help with that query, please refer to the info below quoted from canadainternational.gc.ca website:

"The validity of my visa does not cover the duration of my stay, how do I extend it?

Your visa does not indicate the length of stay in Canada, it only indicates the period in which you must reach the Port Of Entry (POE). When you arrive at the POE the Canada Border Service Agency Officer will advise you as to your authorized length of stay."

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
AnSci said:
Hi. This is for those who are already in Canada on TRV/Study Permit. Otherwise any reliable information will be appreciated.

Will the Philippine or Canadian immigration ask for a return trip ticket? My duration of study is 3 years. Thanks
Yup, they will not ask for a return ticket for sp holders, but it's advisable to bring enough money/proof for your return tticket incase my unexpected happenings..

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about when applying palang here sa Philippines for student permit, do you need to attach or show a reservation flight ticket na one way or return ticket if 1 year lng yun course? or no need na?Thanks in advance ;)

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
So I did my speaking exam yesterday and was surprised that the person who interviewed me wasn't Canadian. :( Although, unlike the interviewer of gimikera, mine expresses her approval whenever I raise a certain point when answering the interview questions. ;D

Regarding Sweetnovember's question, I'm not sure if there is an open return ticket with 3 years validity. If there is, then it might be very expensive. Maybe you can explain that you'll just buy a return ticket because some programs can be finished early (when you don't take breaks) or can be prolonged (if your thesis was deferred).

Question: I think I read somewhere in the thread that someone is studying at Ryerson University? If so, can you share to us (or with me via PM) how long the application process took? My wife is pushing me to do masters and just think of ways to finance it if there will be deficits on our part ;D

Wish me luck guys! Part two of the test is tomorrow na! WWaaaahhhh!!! :p

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micmic said:
So I did my speaking exam yesterday and was surprised that the person who interviewed me wasn't Canadian. :( Although, unlike the interviewer of gimikera, mine expresses her approval whenever I raise a certain point when answering the interview questions. ;D

Regarding Sweetnovember's question, I'm not sure if there is an open return ticket with 3 years validity. If there is, then it might be very expensive. Maybe you can explain that you'll just buy a return ticket because some programs can be finished early (when you don't take breaks) or can be prolonged (if your thesis was deferred).

Question: I think I read somewhere in the thread that someone is studying at Ryerson University? If so, can you share to us (or with me via PM) how long the application process took? My wife is pushing me to do masters and just think of ways to finance it if there will be deficits on our part ;D

Wish me luck guys! Part two of the test is tomorrow na! WWaaaahhhh!!! :p
Goodluck Micmic :D Wow, you're off for a good start, kayang kaya mu yan! Congrats sa speaking mu!

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not the one asking for the 3 years open ticket hahaha, what I'm asking is if we need to enclose a reservation flight ticket along with our application for Student Permit here in the Philippines? Hinahanap ba ito ng VO sa application natin? thanks

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Ooopps! ;D My bad :D

I think with visa applications in general, it is often stated in websites to not book/buy a ticket as this will not guarantee an approval even if attached in an application. Unless, it was also part of the checklist before submitting the application? I haven't reached that part yet kasi kelangan ko pa si IELTS to secure an LOA :)

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micmic said:
Ooopps! ;D My bad :D

I think with visa applications in general, it is often stated in websites to not book/buy a ticket as this will not guarantee an approval even if attached in an application. Unless, it was also part of the checklist before submitting the application? I haven't reached that part yet kasi kelangan ko pa si IELTS to secure an LOA :)
Thanks Micmic. Just want to double check, kase pag tourist visa hinahanap so medyo na confuse ako. It's not part of my checklist. Good Luck sa IELTS test mo tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
AnSci said:
Hi. This is for those who are already in Canada on TRV/Study Permit. Otherwise any reliable information will be appreciated.

Will the Philippine or Canadian immigration ask for a return trip ticket? My duration of study is 3 years. Thanks
If you are on a Study/Work Permit.. they will not look for your return ticket because they know that it will only be valid for a year. With my daughter's case though (she is on a tourist visa) when we bought our tickets, PAL actually checks what type of visa you are holding.. so they told us we need to get a roundtrip ticket for my daughter.

There's also one case here.. where she did not buy a return ticket for the daughter on TRV.. If i'm not mistaken they were asked to purchase a return ticket on the spot at NAIA.

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
frustratedcanadian said:
If you are on a Study/Work Permit.. they will not look for your return ticket because they know that it will only be valid for a year. With my daughter's case though (she is on a tourist visa) when we bought our tickets, PAL actually checks what type of visa you are holding.. so they told us we need to get a roundtrip ticket for my daughter.

There's also one case here.. where she did not buy a return ticket for the daughter on TRV.. If i'm not mistaken they were asked to purchase a return ticket on the spot at NAIA.
Hi frustratedcanadian :) so you mean if yung mga dependents na kasama under study permit kailangan pala talaga ng return ticket? doble gastos pala talaga if ever ganun. :(

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello po to all! I need help po urgently ::), please anyone who have applied online.

I tried to upload yun IMM1294 kaso it won't upload, & stated as follows:

validation error "You have not completed the mandatory fields or have not completed them correctly. Please make correction where indicated.
* Error Description: We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later."---- Does this mean that I need to upload the filled Form directly sa mycic account ko?

I validate the form already & printed, scan & save it on my PC, thinking Kase na I could just upload it as a scanned docs on the IMM1294 section sa mycic acct ko. Ginawa ko Kase is I filled up the form on the PC, validated it & then printed it with the bar code & then I scanned it to upload on mycic account.

Reason why I opt to print it Kase yun sa employment history I need to attach additional pages Kase Hindi enough yun space provided, As it was instructed to attach additional pages to my application. Please help po mga seniors who went through, I'm stuck. I would really really appreciate all the help or info.

If the only way to upload the IMM124 is to upload it directly, saan ko e attach yun additional filled form regarding sa employment history? -Please help :eek:

Thanks a lot in advance.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sweetnovember14 said:
Hello po to all! I need help po urgently ::), please anyone who have applied online.

I tried to upload yun IMM1294 kaso it won't upload, & stated as follows:

validation error "You have not completed the mandatory fields or have not completed them correctly. Please make correction where indicated.
* Error Description: We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later."---- Does this mean that I need to upload the filled Form directly sa mycic account ko?

I validate the form already & printed, scan & save it on my PC, thinking Kase na I could just upload it as a scanned docs on the IMM1294 section sa mycic acct ko. Ginawa ko Kase is I filled up the form on the PC, validated it & then printed it with the bar code & then I scanned it to upload on mycic account.

Reason why I opt to print it Kase yun sa employment history I need to attach additional pages Kase Hindi enough yun space provided, As it was instructed to attach additional pages to my application. Please help po mga seniors who went through, I'm stuck. I would really really appreciate all the help or info.

If the only way to upload the IMM124 is to upload it directly, saan ko e attach yun additional filled form regarding sa employment history? -Please help :eek:

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi! You don't need to print out the filled application form. You can directly validate and upload it on your cic account. About the additional documents, if you notice the column ng "letter of explanation" and you click the (?) button, you can see na nkastate dyan na all additional documents na Hindi mo pa naupload, dyan mo ilagay together with your sop, nbi and lahat na gusto mo pang iadd :D

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aly911 said:
Hi! You don't need to print out the filled application form. You can directly validate and upload it on your cic account. About the additional documents, if you notice the column ng "letter of explanation" and you click the (?) button, you can see na nkastate dyan na all additional documents na Hindi mo pa naupload, dyan mo ilagay together with your sop, nbi and lahat na gusto mo pang iadd :D
Thank you Aly, you are a life saver talaga :). Thank you so much for all the help, na aappreciate ko talaga! I thank God for you, may He continue to bless you :).

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aly911 said:
Aly, I could not upload it online anymore, I think because I validated it already by printing the form... now I'm stressing out :(. I might email cic to ask, if anyone have encounter the same problem... please let me know. I need huge help :'(.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sweetnovember14 said:
Aly, I could not upload it online anymore, I think because I validated it already by printing the form... now I'm stressing out :(. I might email cic to ask, if anyone have encounter the same problem... please let me know. I need huge help :'(.
Did you submit and pay your application already? If not, you can still upload it. Try validating your application form again at submit :)

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aly911 said:
Did you submit and pay your application already? If not, you can still upload it. Try validating your application form again at submit :)
Thank you so SOOO much Aly911 :), You are truly a life saver... thanks for helping me out. I really really appreciate it. May God bless you more!