+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello,

This may be off topic but just in case some of you may know something about it. Im thinking of transferring to another school with a different course from the one I submitted to the embassy.
Is there a violation on the visa issued if I do so?
Im already here in canada.
Pagkakaalam ko you are free to change schools or program of study without applying for a change of condition on your permit.you can still use your permit as long as it is valid. Anyway information about this is available on cic.gc.ca

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnSci said:
Got a question about the medical exam. I was forwarded rhe medical request form but my applicatuon was refused even before i could perform it. I reapplied and requested for another medical request form. Been asking CIC if i should use the previous form, no answer till now. I called VAC and the agent told me the request is specific to each application. However, i found this on CIC website "A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:" Does this mean i can use the form from the refused application? Thanks.
You can ask the registered clinic if you can have a medical exam upfront, that way you can use your med result for your re-application to canada without waiting for the request from cic. They are correct, a med request is specific to each application because of the barcode. Can you share the reason/s for refusal if you don't mind.

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! I have a bad and good news. Bad news first, my dependant has received his result two days ago and unfortunately he got refused. Mine hasn't come yet and as I track it, they're still processing my application. I am just puzzled because last time we applied together and was refused together. Same as our re-application we applied together but my partner had his result first before me (main applicant). The good news is we can still hope that mine has a chance of getting through. Any thoughts?

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
khoykhoy said:
Hi guys! I have a bad and good news. Bad news first, my dependant has received his result two days ago and unfortunately he got refused. Mine hasn't come yet and as I track it, they're still processing my application. I am just puzzled because last time we applied together and was refused together. Same as our re-application we applied together but my partner had his result first before me (main applicant). The good news is we can still hope that mine has a chance of getting through. Any thoughts?
Hello khoy. Sorry to hear that. Did your partner also apply for a study permit? Or owp? Would you mind sharing the reason/s for refusal? Last time it was the nbi clearance right? Let's just hope for a positive result for your application

AnSci

Aug 26, 2014
khoykhoy said:
You can ask the registered clinic if you can have a medical exam upfront, that way you can use your med result for your re-application to canada without waiting for the request from cic. They are correct, a med request is specific to each application because of the barcode. Can you share the reason/s for refusal if you don't mind.
Visa officer was not convinced I am coming back. There was mention of funds even though my funding institution provided a letter with more than sufficient funds support. And they asked for a police clearance.

FrankJ

Feb 4, 2014
Korea
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront medicals
businessgirl2014 said:
wow, i hope u dont mind..why did it reach 100 pages? thanks
I was surprise myself. I have 5 years study gap, I have work in 5 different jobs, on our 2nd passports. When I put all the reference letters and copies of passports and certificates, financial documents and work contract, It all came to 96 pages.

FrankJ

Feb 4, 2014
Korea
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront medicals
frustratedcanadian said:
Wow 100pages? Isn't this too much? Goodluck on your application though. Where are you headed?
I was surprise myself. I have 5 years study gap, I have work in 5 different jobs, on our 2nd passports. When I put all the reference letters and copies of passports and certificates, financial documents and work contract, It all came to 96 pages. We are going to Regina,Sk.

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aly911 said:
Hello khoy. Sorry to hear that. Did your partner also apply for a study permit? Or owp? Would you mind sharing the reason/s for refusal? Last time it was the nbi clearance right? Let's just hope for a positive result for your application
Thanks for your sympathy! He applied as an accompanying dependant TRV. We opted applying for an OWP for him because we don't want the VO to think that we're after with his work rights. This time he was refused because of his funds/assets, employment history and proposed length of stay in canada. I think he got refused primarily because of his funds because it was only £2500 unlike before it was £3500. They should have considered my funds as well because mine is more than enough but there you go they're very fussy. In regards with the employment history it wasn't mentioned before so i think they're just being very very fussy. And with the proposed length of stay it is clearly indicated in the form but then again they're bloody fussy. I guess we'll just indicate it in his letter of explaination if we'll re-apply for him. We're still clinging that my application will get through otherwise we'll try australia. Had enough with canada! Haha

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone had the same situation as ours? Where the dependant got refused first and the main applicant still pending?

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
FrankJ said:
I was surprise myself. I have 5 years study gap, I have work in 5 different jobs, on our 2nd passports. When I put all the reference letters and copies of passports and certificates, financial documents and work contract, It all came to 96 pages.
oh i see!! well good luck to your application, good luck sa lahat ng nagapply :)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
khoykhoy said:
awww..that's too bad.. :( i hope the silver lining will be that your application is approved. :)

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
Helo po sa lahat.ask ko lang po tungkol s post grad work permit kung may nedeny na. At kung pwede mag apply ung mga nag enrol Nung 2013. May friend kc ako student s vancouver, nurse sya s atin at worried sya dahil d raw sla pwede apply for pgwp..

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
gail yu said:
Helo po sa lahat.ask ko lang po tungkol s post grad work permit kung may nedeny na. At kung pwede mag apply ung mga nag enrol Nung 2013. May friend kc ako student s vancouver, nurse sya s atin at worried sya dahil d raw sla pwede apply for pgwp..
Bakit daw sila hindi pwde magapply for owp? Is it because of the course or the school is not listed dun sa mga pwde mag issue ng pgwp after?

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
frustratedcanadian said:
Bakit daw sila hindi pwde magapply for owp? Is it because of the course or the school is not listed dun sa mga pwde mag issue ng pgwp after?
Nagtx sya sakin n ung dalawang kabatch nya nadeny kc ngayon lng daw nag open ulit ang pgwp.last year wala daw ganun..dko alam kung ksama ung skul nya or hindi for pgwp. Letter "O" start ng skul nya s vancouver.dko Matandaan name ng skul nya.nagulat nga ako dahil may nadedeny pla s pgwp..kelan nag effect itong pgwp?worried din ako.

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
gail yu said:
Nagtx sya sakin n ung dalawang kabatch nya nadeny kc ngayon lng daw nag open ulit ang pgwp.last year wala daw ganun..dko alam kung ksama ung skul nya or hindi for pgwp. Letter "O" start ng skul nya s vancouver.dko Matandaan name ng skul nya.nagulat nga ako dahil may nadedeny pla s pgwp..kelan nag effect itong pgwp?worried din ako.
OMNI ba? I do not think it matters what school.. as long as she was a full time student during her stay..