+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
cookieflips said:
Hello scottdickson,

No, I didn't get any messages from CIC. I didn't apply through an agent because I read that it is faster to apply online. When I applied they didn't have any access to attaching my NBI Clearance so I wasn't able to attach it. But I answered their question that I have an NBI Clearance. Is NBI clearance different from a Police Clearance. Isn't NBI Clearance enough because it is international instead of Police Clearance which is just national clearance?
What I would have done is upload the NBI certificate along with the SOP (in the others/Letter of Intent section). Anyways, I have read somewhere that applications should be submitted at least one month before the start of the intended term. If you examine the rest of the items in the last page of your rejection letter, I think you will find that late application can also be a basis for rejection. Have you completed an upfront medical?

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
canadaeh1234 said:
hi i just got a message from CIC that I have a request of passport.. is this a good sign? I applied online for Student Permit on July 24, then medical requested on July 27, yesterday there was a status changed that my medical was submitted and now i received a request for passport... is this good?
Yep. The passport request is for visa stamping. Congrats! :)

cookieflips

Aug 10, 2014
scottdickson86 said:
What I would have done is upload the NBI certificate along with the SOP (in the others/Letter of Intent section). Anyways, I have read somewhere that applications should be submitted at least one month before the start of the intended term. If you examine the rest of the items in the last page of your rejection letter, I think you will find that late application can also be a basis for rejection. Have you completed an upfront medical?
Yes I did an upfront medical and I included that in my application form together with the deposit receipt from the school. If I apply again today do you think I can make it for September. I contacted the school and they said they are giving me until the 3rd week of September. I already paid half of my tuition fee

cookieflips

Aug 10, 2014
cookieflips said:
Yes I did an upfront medical and I included that in my application form together with the deposit receipt from the school. If I apply again today do you think I can make it for September. I contacted the school and they said they are giving me until the 3rd week of September. I already paid half of my tuition fee
Hello scottdickson,

The letter just stated under other reasons; Police certificate from the country/countries that you have been residing in for more that 6 months since the age of 18.
It also stated that the application is closed and that if I wanted to submit new information that I should apply again and pay for a new processing fee.

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
cookieflips said:
Hello scottdickson,

The letter just stated under other reasons; Police certificate from the country/countries that you have been residing in for more that 6 months since the age of 18.
It also stated that the application is closed and that if I wanted to submit new information that I should apply again and pay for a new processing fee.
I think you should go ahead and reapply. You should also request an official letter from the admissions office of your school stating their consent for the 3-week extension. Include this letter in the documents that you will upload online (if you decide to go through that route again) and mention in in your SOP. Good luck! :)

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
canadaeh1234 said:
hi i just got a message from CIC that I have a request of passport.. is this a good sign? I applied online for Student Permit on July 24, then medical requested on July 27, yesterday there was a status changed that my medical was submitted and now i received a request for passport... is this good?
passport request is a good sign ;D

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
canadaeh1234 said:
very very good sign sis!! :D :D did u apply online?

jd82

Jul 4, 2014
Hi. I just wanted to ask opinions from you guys.

I am currently working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and did apply online for study permit last July 5, 2014 at CIC Manila. I'm a registered nurse and got accepted for the course PSW (Personal Support Worker) for September 2014 intake in Lambton College in sarnia, ontario. I didn't have upfront medical exam so I sent CIC a request for medical exam form(IMM5753E) ticking the box saying "Yes I want to complete a medical exam." Hoping that I'll receive a Medical Request from CIC manila to be submitted at a hospital or clinic where I'll be having my medical exam, yet I never did receive any email (medical request) from them. Yesterday (August 10, 2014), I received a passport request sent to mycic account (via email). I just wonder why they sent me a passport request since I didn't have any medical exam done related to my application. I never received a visa refusal letter or anything from CIC yet. What does this possibly mean? Could anyone help me and share their opinions? I'd gladly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :)

jd82

Jul 4, 2014
@khoykhoy hi.. sorry to hear about the refusal of your application. I just wanted to ask if you received a passport request from CIC before since you applied online? Or they just sent you a visa refusal letter and no passport request from them? Thanks.

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jd82 said:
@ khoykhoy hi.. sorry to hear about the refusal of your application. I just wanted to ask if you received a passport request from CIC before since you applied online? Or they just sent you a visa refusal letter and no passport request from them? Thanks.
@jd82 I did not receive a passport request. Yes they sent a refusal letter to my mycic account online. Thanks

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
jd82 said:
Hi. I just wanted to ask opinions from you guys.

I am currently working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and did apply online for study permit last July 5, 2014 at CIC Manila. I'm a registered nurse and got accepted for the course PSW (Personal Support Worker) for September 2014 intake in Lambton College in sarnia, ontario. I didn't have upfront medical exam so I sent CIC a request for medical exam form(IMM5753E) ticking the box saying "Yes I want to complete a medical exam." Hoping that I'll receive a Medical Request from CIC manila to be submitted at a hospital or clinic where I'll be having my medical exam, yet I never did receive any email (medical request) from them. Yesterday (August 10, 2014), I received a passport request sent to mycic account (via email). I just wonder why they sent me a passport request since I didn't have any medical exam done related to my application. I never received a visa refusal letter or anything from CIC yet. What does this possibly mean? Could anyone help me and share their opinions? I'd gladly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :)
I believe it's because you're residing in SA, wherein applicants aren't requested to do their medicals. You will only be requested to undergo a medical examination if you've stayed in a country, listed in the CIC website where medical exam is a requirement, for more than 6 months in the past __ (not sure about months or years). Even I was requested to submit my passport even though I did not have any med exam done because I've applied from and I've been residing here in the UAE for 9 years now with my family (parents & sibling). :D

Hope this helps po! :)

jd82

Jul 4, 2014
@rcpp hi po.. thanks for your reply. If someone received a passport request, does that mean that they be issued a visa already? Or is there a possibility that they be refused? Thanks much :)

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
businessgirl2014 said:
actually di ko sure! haha..murag september man.. hehe.. :D daghan nata bisaya diri.. naka pa medical namo?

Aw hehe lagi, Im happy to know na naa diay koy bisaya na makauban sad sa acsenda puhon :) wala pa po kami sa medical.. how about you? we are still waiting for sept, kasi by that time 4 months na ang maturity sa settlement funds, yun daw requirement sa cic eh...

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
frustratedcanadian said:
I applied for it same time as I applied for my SV. Better to apply it in the Philippines na para wala na problema pagdating dito. Are you also travelling with your kid?
Only with my husband po.. wala pa po akong anak. cge thank you for your info, i will inform my docu officer to apply it here. sabi nya kasi sa akin na dyan na sa canada mag apply for OWP for my husband.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
jd82 said:
@ rcpp hi po.. thanks for your reply. If someone received a passport request, does that mean that they be issued a visa already? Or is there a possibility that they be refused? Thanks much :)
Yes po! It's time for them to stamp the visa on your passport already :)

Congrats and Best wishes on your studies po!