+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
easton211 said:
Hi everyone I just want to share my experience in my SP application

July 10- early in the morning I submitted my application through VFS Manila
The same day I received MR from CIC around 7pm.
August 28- I received a message from VFS stating that my passport has been dispatched and sadly it was refused.
Like the others here i did not succumbed to self pity, I reviewed everything from papers to papers..
August 5- I reapplied with stronger documents.
August 13- I received a letter from CIC with attachment Stating that my application for study or work permit has been approved. Made my day!!!!

Just don't give up guys just try and try and always pray because sometimes this are the ways on how God test our faith in HIM.

God Bless Everyone!!and Thank you for this forum because everything you need is here...

Wow! That was quick. Congrats! Happy for you easton.. God is really great..

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
easton211 said:
Hi everyone I just want to share my experience in my SP application

July 10- early in the morning I submitted my application through VFS Manila
The same day I received MR from CIC around 7pm.
August 28- I received a message from VFS stating that my passport has been dispatched and sadly it was refused.
Like the others here i did not succumbed to self pity, I reviewed everything from papers to papers..
August 5- I reapplied with stronger documents.
August 13- I received a letter from CIC with attachment Stating that my application for study or work permit has been approved. Made my day!!!!

Just don't give up guys just try and try and always pray because sometimes this are the ways on how God test our faith in HIM.

God Bless Everyone!!and Thank you for this forum because everything you need is here...
Were you refused last year?

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Guys, anybody going to Toronto or Ontario, be careful if you are looking at earnings and settlement, you are not at the right place. I finished by studies from George Brown College and have recently moved to Alberta. There is no opportunity for students to apply PR from Toronto. All the students struggle for their entire duration of studies and later on go to Alberta, Saskatchewan or other provinces where the PNP is easy.

I would suggest that smart ones out of you to move right away and switch to any college in the province where jobs are easy and PR easy too.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
easton211 said:
Yeah truly God is great!!. thank you =)
Kung ok lng, pwede mo ba mashare reason/s ng refusal mo and ano gnawa mo para maaprove application mo?

easton211

Aug 1, 2014
This is my profile, this may help for some:

Business Administration Graduate
Course: International Business
Funds: 2.3M from Parents and 101k in my own bank account
-Bank certificate and 6 months Bank statement ( I think this is really important for the visa officer to see the flow of money in your bank account)
Work experience: 6 months Store/retail manager receiving 15K monthly as a basic salary
Other Supporting Document includes the following:
-Acceptance Letter from the University
-Students Timetable
-NBI clearance in a place where i stayed after 18 years of age.
-Proof of Identification (SSS ID, Philhealth MDR, Pag-ibig, Postal ID and Travel Passport)
-Receipts from school payment
-Receipt of my medical since they already received my MR before I reapplied.
-School Documents from past university ( Diploma, and Transcript of records)
- IELTS Result
-Employment certificate
- SOP ( This is also very important to explain your'e purpose of travel and what would be your'e future goal after you graduate.
Then thats it, received a letter after 8 days that my application has been approved, though I did not receive a message yet from VFS that my passport is ready for collection.

I hope this helps and to all, Good Luck!

easton211

Aug 1, 2014
aly911 said:
Kung ok lng, pwede mo ba mashare reason/s ng refusal mo and ano gnawa mo para maaprove application mo?
Well, the reasons are:
Insufficient funds and not enough assets
-The solutution I dis is Just added more money on the account and included car titles,land and business permits)
Travel History
-Since this is really my first time to travel, since i cannot do anything about it, a very good SOP will solve this =).
Employment situation here in our country
- Well I also explained in my SOP that I will expand our businesses here in the Philippines.

Thats th importance of a strong and well detailed SOP. Hope this helps =)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
easton211 said:
Well, the reasons are:
Insufficient funds and not enough assets
-The solutution I dis is Just added more money on the account and included car titles,land and business permits)
Travel History
-Since this is really my first time to travel, since i cannot do anything about it, a very good SOP will solve this =).
Employment situation here in our country
- Well I also explained in my SOP that I will expand our businesses here in the Philippines.

Thats th importance of a strong and well detailed SOP. Hope this helps =)
Hello there..id like to ask how much did you ask? Did u include affidavit of support from your parents?

easton211

Aug 1, 2014
businessgirl2014 said:
Hello there..id like to ask how much did you ask? Did u include affidavit of support from your parents?
Hi there =), Yes I included affidavit of support, since my parents will pay all of my expenses.

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
easton211 said:
Hi there =), Yes I included affidavit of support, since my parents will pay all of my expenses.
I see.. :) my funds are equivalent to 150k under my name, but we did not include my account.. :( hope it wont be a disadvantage..

easton211

Aug 1, 2014
businessgirl2014 said:
I see.. :) my funds are equivalent to 150k under my name, but we did not include my account.. :( hope it wont be a disadvantage..

I think it wont be a disadvantage as long as your parent's or sponsor's funds is sufficient...

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
hello everyone! i might as well share my experience with SP application.. Smiley

June30 - application submitted (online)
1st week of july (forgot the exact date) - med request
july 23 - med rcvd
july 30 - got a refusal letter. feeling ko binagsakan na ako ng universe. pero hindi ako nawalan ng pagasa. so i spent the whole day reviewing and making a stronger sop and nagaply ako ulit july31. then, since i was really dowen and couldnt think well, i uploaded the worng file under the letter of explanation tab. but then i took the time to calm myself and review everything from pages to pages and submitted another application on Aug1. on aug 4, i received a letter from manila immigration that i have to withdraw my duplicate application.
Aug14 - received a notif na nawithdraw na ang isa and minutes later, i received a request of passport. whew! God is really really great! i hope hindi mawalan ng pagasa mga nirefuse. its ok to feel down, to cry.. pero sige lang, be positive pa rin. sometimes, tinitest lng ni God ang willingness natin sa isang bagay. pray lng ng pray.. Goodluck everyone...