+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
If I may butt in, di kaya kasi di ka nakareside sa Pilipinas for the past few months, kaya ka na-refuse? Napansin ko lang kasi dito sa forum that many people get denied if they applied in a country that is not their stated country of residence. Parang may doubt na agad sa visa officer na may enough ties ka sa home country mo. Just a thought lang before you apply again :)

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpio1641 said:
If I may butt in, di kaya kasi di ka nakareside sa Pilipinas for the past few months, kaya ka na-refuse? Napansin ko lang kasi dito sa forum that many people get denied if they applied in a country that is not their stated country of residence. Parang may doubt na agad sa visa officer na may enough ties ka sa home country mo. Just a thought lang before you apply again :)
I get your point but i have a proof of address na din kasi dito sa pinas so eto yong ginawa kong country of residence. Wala naman sa reason nila regarding my residency. I think spared ako dun. Thanks for the thought though. I'll keep you all posted!

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
khoykhoy said:
I get your point but i have a proof of address na din kasi dito sa pinas so eto yong ginawa kong country of residence. Wala naman sa reason nila regarding my residency. I think spared ako dun. Thanks for the thought though. I'll keep you all posted!
Hey khoykhoy! Go ahead and reapply. What I've known from reading tons of CIC stuffs online is that you need to include police certificates from all the countries where you've stayed at for over 6 months. As for the question on the job prospect, a very detailed SOP will get that covered. Of course you have show proof of ownership of the business that's the subject of your SOP. I think you're good to go. Good luck!

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Hi guys! My husband, daughter and I just arrived in Vancouver today. Ang daming tao sa airport. We did not prepare a list ng mga dala namin. They did not ask for it naman. super fast lang maybe because super haba na ng pila which is a good thing wala masyado tanong ang officers ;D

Hi hopeful did they issue something for your daughter ba?

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scottdickson86 said:
Hey khoykhoy! Go ahead and reapply. What I've known from reading tons of CIC stuffs online is that you need to include police certificates from all the countries where you've stayed at for over 6 months. As for the question on the job prospect, a very detailed SOP will get that covered. Of course you have show proof of ownership of the business that's the subject of your SOP. I think you're good to go. Good luck!
Thanks scott! Yup we will change our letter of explanation as well pointing out their reasons for refusal, we'll also add money to our account as well just to make sure this time and a letter from my cousin in vancouver for our accommodation. I was very grateful with your response, it helped me a lot as i am an apple user. I think this will also be a lesson to everybody not to use mac or apple devices if applying online or opening files from the mycic account. We'll be applying again next week with our medical infos for faster results. Hopefully this time they will re-consider us. Even my partner the only reason for his refusal is his nbi cert. Good thing we have nbi satellite office in ormoc. We'll keep you posted guys!

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@frustratedcanadian: welcome to vancouver! :D natatawa ako sa YVR, I think alam na nila kapag Filipino, sagad talaga lagi yung bagahe HAHA Meat and meat products lang naman talaga sinisita nila (from a food safety perspective, mahirap talaga ang meats, lalo na kung galing tropical country). We declared fresh fruits and there wasn't any problem haha

@khoykhoy: good luck with your new application! I think it'll work out this time :)

Rule of thumb talaga with any government document is to open it with Adobe Acrobat, especially when you land here kasi there will be more forms to fill out lol (MSP, BCID among others haha)

Inis nga ako kasi wala naman talaga yung NBI sa official checklist. What I did last year was I asked VFS kung required siya and they said oo daw. Minadali ko pa yun, sobrang stress haha

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
khoykhoy said:
Thanks scott! Yup we will change our letter of explanation as well pointing out their reasons for refusal, we'll also add money to our account as well just to make sure this time and a letter from my cousin in vancouver for our accommodation. I was very grateful with your response, it helped me a lot as i am an apple user. I think this will also be a lesson to everybody not to use mac or apple devices if applying online or opening files from the mycic account. We'll be applying again next week with our medical infos for faster results. Hopefully this time they will re-consider us. Even my partner the only reason for his refusal is his nbi cert. Good thing we have nbi satellite office in ormoc. We'll keep you posted guys!
hi!! my neighbor also applied for SP with her husband and they were denied. they have almost the same situation with u guys, she came from London, nag aral siya dun ng 2 years and worked for another 2 years, they got married last summer and applied during summer too.. they were refused because of her NBI and UK police clearance, so they reapplied with both certificates but they were again denied. I do not know what the grounds were because i have not talked with her pa.. My suggestion is, you get police clearances from the countries that you have visited, and also, make sure that your NBI is valid 3 months prior sa date of your application. hope this helps!! keep us posted

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
khoykhoy said:
Cool! Hope your second try is much more successful. Keep us posted and good luck!

hopeful83

May 14, 2014
frustratedcanadian said:
Hi guys! My husband, daughter and I just arrived in Vancouver today. Ang daming tao sa airport. We did not prepare a list ng mga dala namin. They did not ask for it naman. super fast lang maybe because super haba na ng pila which is a good thing wala masyado tanong ang officers ;D

Hi hopeful did they issue something for your daughter ba?
No, not at all. yun nka encode sa permit that my husband and daughter are my dependents. Now, I am working on OWP for my husband thru online application. problema ko lang kailangan mag submit din daw ng proof of medical examination. yung nationwide sa cebu hindi nmn nagbigay ng copy.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Ohmy! I checked my student permit now.. nakalagay I am not allowed to work. Could this be an error of the immigration officer only? I did not check it kasi yesterday. :( Tapos my daughter is not listed as my dependent dun sa permit. :(

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@businessgirl and @scott Hopefully we can get our visa this time hehehek... We have already our uk police cert and we'll get an nbi tom. Next week we'll try to re-apply.

@humdrum thank you!

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
hopeful83 said:
No, not at all. yun nka encode sa permit that my husband and daughter are my dependents. Now, I am working on OWP for my husband thru online application. problema ko lang kailangan mag submit din daw ng proof of medical examination. yung nationwide sa cebu hindi nmn nagbigay ng copy.
hi, won't ENHANCE assist you po? I was just wondering kasi I thought that THAT process was part of what we paid them.. Anyhoo, maybe you could request a copy..

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
khoykhoy said:
@ businessgirl and @ scott Hopefully we can get our visa this time hehehek... We have already our uk police cert and we'll get an nbi tom. Next week we'll try to re-apply.

@ humdrum thank you!
best of luck to all of us!! God please enlighten the minds of the Visa Officers.. <3 ;) :D ;D

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Anyone of you if you are looking for specific program for Nursing graduates, I have some information for you. Northern Lights College (a Community college) has started a program PDDB- Health Administration. It has three intakes Jan, May & Sept every year. And, the tuition fee is $ 4425 per semester only.

I'm not sure if anyone of you want to be an agent, please apply directly as they are looking for agents in Philippines for sure....you never know you may become their authorized agent in the country.

Hope this information will help at least few of you in this forum.

cookieflips

Aug 10, 2014
Hello! I applied on July 15 and got a refusal letter this August 10. I checked the ticked boxes at the end of the letter and my letter only had "Other Reasons" ticked with the message "Police certificate from the country/countries that you have been residing in for more than 6 months since the age of 18."

My school semester is starting this September so this was already rushed as is, I will try to get a new NBI clearance specifically for "Visa Canada" tomorrow on August 11, 2014.

Question lang po, if this was the only reason ticked, will my application be stronger when I submit again with a new NBI Clearance? Will it be faster to resubmit this online or to go to VFS Global?
Kasi po I see most people finishing their applications 15 days after getting their Med done. Meron po atang nag submit ng July 14 and got their Visa July 30. I did mine upfront but it still took from July 15 up til August 11 before they replied to me.

Thanks!