+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elyxandria said:
yes po... wala po akong medical request from Embassy since I did my medical prior to submitting my visa application... sa SLEC Ermita po ako... Sinabi ko lang Upfront Mediical then ok na tapos after ng medical may binigay lang sakin na two pages form na isama ko raw sa visa application ko... so far ok naman kc napabilis ung processing ng visa... actually dito ko rin lang nalaman sa forum na pwede pala un... then I just followed them... =)
claimed it... you'll be having your visa as well... prayers lang... all the best... =)
That's good! Ano po name ng medical clinic? Oo nga eh mas mabilis kapag meron ng medical upfront. Oo nga hopefully. Wala pa ring update sa kin i think because of my pending medical hindi pa ata naforward because of my circumstances. Anyway, thanks sa info elyxandria! Tanong ko lang sa lahat if accompany ng bro ko yong sis to canada, may work rights kaya ang sis ko? Kasi di siya qualified as a dependant as far as i know. Any info guys?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Anah said:
Does anyone applied Study permit for elementary dependent here? Did you include acceptance letter pa or sa mfa university lang yun?

Thank you!
Minors do not require acceptance letter from school.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello,
He apploed for trv and owp sabay. Kasi automatic na magaaply ka for trv if kukuha ka ng owp. 6,350- filing fee.
Mas mahal sya kesa sa sp ko.
I only applied owp for my husband. Kailangan ba talaga ng trv pa?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Hi! Sa mga nasa canada na po.. Nagprepare po ba kayo ng list of things na dinala niyo? Was this asked at poe?

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
frustratedcanadian said:
Hi! Sa mga nasa canada na po.. Nagprepare po ba kayo ng list of things na dinala niyo? Was this asked at poe?
Nope, I don't think they'd go that far hahaha

Sa YVR, you get your baggage first, then customs, then you get your SP. If you don't have anything to declare, then you're free to go get your SP haha

hopeful83

May 14, 2014
humdrumdum said:
Nope, I don't think they'd go that far hahaha

Sa YVR, you get your baggage first, then customs, then you get your SP. If you don't have anything to declare, then you're free to go get your SP haha
Hi humdrumdrum! do u have any idea if my husband could get a Open work permit in the immigration upon arrival. We arrived last nyt and it took us one hour in the immigration bec they are not sure if they can issue OWP for my husband but on the website i found we can apply upon arrival. does anybody here have tried? it end up, they just give me an number to call and apply within Canada. I am hoping I could get some inputs from this site 'coz im planning to go back to the immigration tomorrow. Thank much

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi hopeful! I wish I could be of more help, I'm not familiar kasi with the process for getting an OWP. :(

hopeful83 said:
Hi humdrumdrum! do u have any idea if my husband could get a Open work permit in the immigration upon arrival. We arrived last nyt and it took us one hour in the immigration bec they are not sure if they can issue OWP for my husband but on the website i found we can apply upon arrival. does anybody here have tried? it end up, they just give me an number to call and apply within Canada. I am hoping I could get some inputs from this site 'coz im planning to go back to the immigration tomorrow. Thank much

hopeful83

May 14, 2014
humdrumdum said:
Hi hopeful! I wish I could be of more help, I'm not familiar kasi with the process for getting an OWP. :(
Thank u humdrumdrum. I visited again the immigration in the airport then they told me mag online application nlng daw for open work permit. meron ba nka try ng online application for OWP for husband dependent. pwede pa send ng link.

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
hopeful83 said:
Thank u humdrumdrum. I visited again the immigration in the airport then they told me mag online application nlng daw for open work permit. meron ba nka try ng online application for OWP for husband dependent. pwede pa send ng link.
hi sis.. wont enhance assist u regarding ur husband's processing?

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys! I just received a bad news from my online mycic account. They refused my application together with my partner. This is their statement on my application.

Dear
This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit. According to Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations, as an applicant for a study permit, you must establish that your intentions are bona fide and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. You must satisfy an officer that you will not contravene the conditions of admission and that you do not belong in a category of persons inadmissible to Canada under the Act. You must satisfy an officer that you will meet the requirements of Part 12 of the Regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay tuition fees and support your stay in Canada.
Based on a careful review of the information contained in your application and all of the documentation which you have provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations. I am therefore refusing your application.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that “A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.” Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.
Sincerely,
Officer
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

We'll apply again next week but this time its paper based through vfs cebu, i heard kasi they assist with the documents and even give advise. Ask ko lng po how long naka stay yong pera nyo sa bank? Ako kasi mga 2 mos lng but i had my phil bank account since 2009. I will also ask my cousin to sponsor me sa accommodation. Confident na kasi kami that we could get through because i have paid partially my tuition CAD6,750 balance n lng ako ng CAD 10,000 yon lng kasi hiningi ng school ko and they are DLI. So bali i have php 1,040,000 in my bank and my partner has £3000 in his uk bank acct which is around CAD 6000. Any advise po regarding our case? Thoughts are much appreciated!

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
khoykhoy said:
Hello guys! I just received a bad news from my online mycic account. They refused my application together with my partner. This is their statement on my application.

Dear
This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit. According to Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations, as an applicant for a study permit, you must establish that your intentions are bona fide and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. You must satisfy an officer that you will not contravene the conditions of admission and that you do not belong in a category of persons inadmissible to Canada under the Act. You must satisfy an officer that you will meet the requirements of Part 12 of the Regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay tuition fees and support your stay in Canada.
Based on a careful review of the information contained in your application and all of the documentation which you have provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations. I am therefore refusing your application.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that “A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.” Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.
Sincerely,
Officer
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

We'll apply again next week but this time its paper based through vfs cebu, i heard kasi they assist with the documents and even give advise. Ask ko lng po how long naka stay yong pera nyo sa bank? Ako kasi mga 2 mos lng but i had my phil bank account since 2009. I will also ask my cousin to sponsor me sa accommodation. Confident na kasi kami that we could get through because i have paid partially my tuition CAD6,750 balance n lng ako ng CAD 10,000 yon lng kasi hiningi ng school ko and they are DLI. So bali i have php 1,040,000 in my bank and my partner has £3000 in his uk bank acct which is around CAD 6000. Any advise po regarding our case? Thoughts are much appreciated!
Hi khoykhoy,

Sa succeeding pages ng letter, anong boxes yung naka tick (reasons for rejection)? I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. I don't think it's a funds issue since obviously I think you got that part covered already.

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scottdickson86 said:
Hi khoykhoy,

Sa succeeding pages ng letter, anong boxes yung naka tick (reasons for rejection)? I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. I don't think it's a funds issue since obviously I think you got that part covered already.
Hi scott! Yan nga ang problem there's none naka tick. Kaya nag wonder din ako. Di ba dapat merong naka tick? Online kasi sa kin eh.

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
khoykhoy said:
Hi scott! Yan nga ang problem there's none naka tick. Kaya nag wonder din ako. Di ba dapat merong naka tick? Online kasi sa kin eh.
iOS has some compatibility issues with PDF files so you may have download and open the letter on a Mac or PC.

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scottdickson86 said:
iOS has some compatibility issues with PDF files so you may have download and open the letter on a Mac or PC.
That makes sense. I'll check it on my Windows laptop. thanks for the info! I'll let you know!

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Scott! Thanks for the info! I checked the letter using my windows laptop and it shows me the reasons for my refusal. I was really sad this morning about the refusal but now it just makes me laugh. They're screwed! One of the reason is because of the limited employment prospect here in my country of residence, however, i clearly stated in my Letter of Explanation that I will be expanding our business, it doesn't make sense does it? Also because I have not submitted an NBI clearance and UK Police Certificate, I don't need to send them an NBI in the first place because I wasn't here for the past 6 months (we just came back last june) Regarding the UK Police Certificate, they should have make a request first for that, though I have the copy already just a few days ago (lucky for me!). And here's another thing, for my partner one of the reason is that because he did not submit an NBI Clearance, again, due to our circumstances we don't need to send them one. Anyway, I am more confident to re-apply as it makes clear that their reasons are RIDICULOUS! We will submit an NBI though just to please them! haha At least i can sleep well tonight. I will keep you updated guys!