+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
hi

i also applied thru phil . I didn't use consultant. Application was submitted in Oct/Nov and there was some issue with my medical. Finally, i got my visa in April end. Now i am in canada.

do you know any good consultant in Manila. My husband and children are in Phil so they need to apply for their visa

Reactions: akosijared

sgmav

Jun 12, 2012
dreamy said:
hi

i also applied thru phil . I didn't use consultant. Application was submitted in Oct/Nov and there was some issue with my medical. Finally, i got my visa in April end. Now i am in canada.

do you know any good consultant in Manila. My husband and children are in Phil so they need to apply for their visa
Send me an email at svillanueva26@y.com

RMT_Michener

Jul 19, 2012
Any updates guys? It's been 3 weeks since I did my Medicals no contact yet since then :( We all applied to the Makati office, right?

@Dreamy: what happens after the medical exam? Thanks!

showdog

Jul 25, 2012
Hello po mga kababayan,

Same situtation here for my wife who applied for SP. She's the brainy one (not me) that's why I didn't applied for SP...hehehe :D

1. We inquired thru several Ontario universities and ask for there reqiurements and most of them needs GMAT, ILETS and other school documents.

2. Wife got examination for IELTS and GMAT. After passing and completing her documents she applied for Brock University - MBA Finance. She graduated BS ECE here in Philippines.

3. Few weeks after we have received her acceptance letter from the school. And after few days of completing all of the requirements, we submitted all of our documents to CEM (NBI, business cert, marriage cert, birth cert, etc..). Our daughter and me (husband) will be also going with her as her dependent.

4. After 2-3 weeks they replied and ask for more additional documents pertaining to my wife and the origin of source on income. They also ask if I have intention to work and I send a cover letter that I have intention to work after 1-2 months of settling down.

5. 2 weeks after they replied again and ask for me (husband) to submit the form for Application Permit Made Made Outside Canada. No more question about my wife. We submitted it last July 13. I hope this is a good sign that they have no more question about my wife and only asking for my application for open work permit.

It will be exactly 2 weeks starting tomorrow since they picked up our documents. We are hoping and praying that the next reply will be asking us to take our Medical exams.

Reactions: akosijared

RMT_Michener

Jul 19, 2012
showdog said:
Hello po mga kababayan,

Same situtation here for my wife who applied for SP. She's the brainy one (not me) that's why I didn't applied for SP...hehehe :D

1. We inquired thru several Ontario universities and ask for there reqiurements and most of them needs GMAT, ILETS and other school documents.

2. Wife got examination for IELTS and GMAT. After passing and completing her documents she applied for Brock University - MBA Finance. She graduated BS ECE here in Philippines.

3. Few weeks after we have received her acceptance letter from the school. And after few days of completing all of the requirements, we submitted all of our documents to CEM (NBI, business cert, marriage cert, birth cert, etc..). Our daughter and me (husband) will be also going with her as her dependent.

4. After 2-3 weeks they replied and ask for more additional documents pertaining to my wife and the origin of source on income. They also ask if I have intention to work and I send a cover letter that I have intention to work after 1-2 months of settling down.

5. 2 weeks after they replied again and ask for me (husband) to submit the form for Application Permit Made Made Outside Canada. No more question about my wife. We submitted it last July 13. I hope this is a good sign that they have no more question about my wife and only asking for my application for open work permit.

It will be exactly 2 weeks starting tomorrow since they picked up our documents. We are hoping and praying that the next reply will be asking us to take our Medical exams.
Good luck to you and your family!

showdog

Jul 25, 2012
Thanks RMT!

Good luck also to you. At least you're already finished with your medical exam and I think after that VISA na for you! Are you coming alone?

Hope all of our VISA applications will be granted!

schoolgirl22

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2012
IELTS Request
Not required, submitted TOEFL ibt 110/120
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2012
Hi everyone! :)

I'm currently in Scarborough right now (visitor's
Visa, multiple entry valid til 2017). Anyway, I'm applying sa Seneca College Newnham Campus, advanced diploma in Entrepreneurship and Small Business for the winter intake (Entrep grad ako sa Phils, batch 2012 fresh grad hehe!). Will go home at the end of September (pag may acceptance letter na ko and stuff), then I'll apply for my study permit. Hope everything goes well for everyone! Looking forward to everyone's good news and updates. God bless and praaaaay hard!

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
results of medical takes some time approx wait time after medical examination is 4-5 weeks as it'll be further evaluated by emabssy doc panel- i think it is sent to canada for further evaluation. If there's any issue with medical embassy will inform you to undergone additional tests. Like in my case- i had to undergo another examination and report of test was released almost at a gap of 2 month- that was the requirement.

sgmav

Jun 12, 2012
schoolgirl22 said:
Hi everyone! :)

I'm currently in Scarborough right now (visitor's
Visa, multiple entry valid til 2017). Anyway, I'm applying sa Seneca College Newnham Campus, advanced diploma in Entrepreneurship and Small Business for the winter intake (Entrep grad ako sa Phils, batch 2012 fresh grad hehe!). Will go home at the end of September (pag may acceptance letter na ko and stuff), then I'll apply for my study permit. Hope everything goes well for everyone! Looking forward to everyone's good news and updates. God bless and praaaaay hard!
JUST MAKE SURE NA IF YOU'LL HAVE SPONSORSHIP FROM RELATIVES... LIKE FOR EXAMPLE, ACCOMMODATION... MAKE SURE YOU ASK YOUR RELATIVE FOR A LETTER OF ACCOMMODATION (like invitation) THEN ASK FOR THEIR CERT OF EMPLOYMENT, PHOTO COPY OF THEIR CITIZENSHIP AND MAKE SURE IT'S NOTARIZED THERE IN CANADA. :) SANA LAHAT TAYO MA APPROVE....

schoolgirl22

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2012
IELTS Request
Not required, submitted TOEFL ibt 110/120
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2012
sgmav said:
JUST MAKE SURE NA IF YOU'LL HAVE SPONSORSHIP FROM RELATIVES... LIKE FOR EXAMPLE, ACCOMMODATION... MAKE SURE YOU ASK YOUR RELATIVE FOR A LETTER OF ACCOMMODATION (like invitation) THEN ASK FOR THEIR CERT OF EMPLOYMENT, PHOTO COPY OF THEIR CITIZENSHIP AND MAKE SURE IT'S NOTARIZED THERE IN CANADA. :) SANA LAHAT TAYO MA APPROVE....
Will do that, thanks for the info! :)

Post updates, please! Parang onti lang nakikita kong nag-aapply to study here na mga Pinoy.

sgmav

Jun 12, 2012
schoolgirl22 said:
Will do that, thanks for the info! :)

Post updates, please! Parang onti lang nakikita kong nag-aapply to study here na mga Pinoy.
I KNOW! KONTI LANG YUNG MGA FILIPINO.. BUT HEY... KALA KO NGA NUNG UNA AKO LANG MAG ISA EH. HAHAHAH GOODLUCK SA LAHAT

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
we are still waiting for the letter of acceptance from the school we applied to.
paid tuition fee this week.

how long do we have to wait?

after this daw po, lodging na sa CEM. whew!
all is well!

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
showdog said:
Hello po mga kababayan,

good for you po, you are all applying as one...
we choose to stay, and let hubby go first so he can settle before we follow.
i don't have any idea about the APPLICATION PERMIT, do you have prospects na po in canada?
sana talaga lahat tayo ma aapprove...

showdog

Jul 25, 2012
Thanks Kyle! I hope lahat tau ay ma approve. Patience and a lot of prayers :)

What I mean is Application Work Permit (sorry nagmamadaling mag type). What do you mean by prospects?