+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009
Hi, was refused a student visa second time already in SDS because of proposed studies not reasonable. My GCMS notes for my 2nd refusal are similar to my 1st:

On review of all info including PA's previous employment/educational history, their motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable; study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an edcational programme would be of benefit. Considering applicant's extensive education and 17 years of work experience in the same field, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already possesses a higher level of qualification. I am not satisfied that this is a reasonable progression of studies, which raises concerns regarding applicant's intended purpose in Canada. Not satisfied on balance that applicant is a genuine student who would respect terms of authorized stay, nor that S-1 is not to facilitate entry to Canada for other unknown reasons. Application denied.

I already addressed these in detail in my reapplication SOP (around 5 pages). My study plan was definitely not general and was detailed, I have travel history visas to US and Canada and respected them always, but visa officer was not convinced. :(

Background:
39 years old
Planning to take up Creative Advertising college diploma at Seneca
Traveling with spouse and child
Bs Comm Tech Mgt graduate
17 years work as magazine editor and web writer

Thanks!
Hi,

I feel your pain. Had my SP application refused last month and in the process of preparing my re-application right now. Using the services of a consultant right now and have been advised just to relodge the application without the caips notes and just pretty much address the standard refusal grounds provided in the letter. Reading your post, it seems he might be right? Just curious, would you still re apply for the 3rd time? We have similar background (mature student, already in the work force, with family, international travel history and have always respected the visa restrctions/conditions)...

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hi,

I feel your pain. Had my SP application refused last month and in the process of preparing my re-application right now. Using the services of a consultant right now and have been advised just to relodge the application without the caips notes and just pretty much address the standard refusal grounds provided in the letter. Reading your post, it seems he might be right? Just curious, would you still re apply for the 3rd time? We have similar background (mature student, already in the work force, with family, international travel history and have always respected the visa restrctions/conditions)...
Hi,

Thank you, really appreciate it. Yes, I have decided to get a consultant for my 3rd app as well. Through my CAIPS notes, I found out I got the same VO as last time (same ID no.), and it seemed that they weren't really convinced by my explanation. I'm also considering changing my program to a post-grad one. Hopefully the result this time will be positive. Best of luck to you as well!

Mylenezie

Mar 1, 2019
Hi guys share ko lng po timeline ko

Upfront medical sept 10
Biometrics submitted september 11
Medical passed sept 28
Correspondence letter oct 7
Final decision APPROVED oct 8..
Goodluck guys..

Reactions: mrsm2016

Damsss

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi guys share ko lng po timeline ko

Upfront medical sept 10
Biometrics submitted september 11
Medical passed sept 28
Correspondence letter oct 7
Final decision APPROVED oct 8..
Goodluck guys..

Did you apply through SDS or non-SDS? And is it a paper-based application?