+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
oshin said:
Hello Micmic, thank you so much for the enlightenment. I am not sure din kasi kung qualified ba ako mg masteral kasi upon checking sa admission requirements, puro lahat required ang 4 years peru I will keep on searching sa mga schools nalang and might as well send an inquiry to them.

Also another question, for example September 2016 yun start ng class, can we go there naba this December? I am not sure if may limitation or my prescribed period lang na pwede kang mag land sa Canada right after you receive the student visa. We want to spend Christmas na rin sana doon.

Hi,

I applied last student permit last July2015 for my May 2016 intake, unfortunately my visa was denied (around Aug i think). Reason for refusal: you should apply 3-4 months before your intake. Although, others are advising we can apply 5 months ahead of time but too much gap can lead you to refusal.

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Hello Maryjoane and Scorpio1641, again thank you so much for your input. I am glad to have found this very helpful site.

Just a follow-up question on the suggestion of getting TRV and convert to student visa, I've read somewhere na pwede ka lang mg apply ng student visa kapag outside Canada ka, or extension of student visa is allowed while inside Canada. For the conversion ba of TRV to Student, do I need to come back home (PH) just to convert/lodge again another student visa para masunod lang un rule nila? Or while I am staying as Tourist doon ay pwede na akong mg lodge ng student which is mas madali kasi I can go easily to the schools to inquire and pay. ^^confused.

Last question, with regards to current employment here in Manila, do I need to provide COE paba with current down to my very first job just to show na I have a stable work here in Manila?

Thank you :-* ;)

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
oshin said:
Hello Maryjoane and Scorpio1641, again thank you so much for your input. I am glad to have found this very helpful site.

Just a follow-up question on the suggestion of getting TRV and convert to student visa, I've read somewhere na pwede ka lang mg apply ng student visa kapag outside Canada ka, or extension of student visa is allowed while inside Canada. For the conversion ba of TRV to Student, do I need to come back home (PH) just to convert/lodge again another student visa para masunod lang un rule nila? Or while I am staying as Tourist doon ay pwede na akong mg lodge ng student which is mas madali kasi I can go easily to the schools to inquire and pay. ^^confused.

> Im not sure regarding this matter but i think it was discussed on the previous discussions so try to back read na lang po.

Last question, with regards to current employment here in Manila, do I need to provide COE paba with current down to my very first job just to show na I have a stable work here in Manila?

> In my application, i included all of my coe's and you are also required to indicate all your previous employment on your application so might as well do the same.

Thank you :-* ;)

shotiboy

Oct 28, 2013
Hello everone i'm a newbie i just want to ask your help and advise.

Me, my wife are here in ontario with a tourist visa. our visa will expire on dec 31 but a extension was already submitted yesterday. My wife wants to study as a esthetitian and she wants to study at chellsey institue & beauty inc located at mississauga for a 1 year course. My question is if my wife is granted for a student visa and she goes to that scholl, is she eligible to file a post grad work permit after? Is that school qualified for that? Its a private school but its registered in cic with a DLI #. If theres anyone who can answer my question i would really appreciate it. Maraming salamat.

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
ckaryas said:
congrats for getting admitted... am also Pinoy, but am here in saudi arabia... and planning to start my application with TRU...

hope we can share notes later on...

best of luck!
hi ckaryas

i do work as well in Riyadh and wanting to apply coming 2016. i hope we can share stories soon.

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
agnes0910 said:
Hi everyone! Newbie here. I did backread po but still I have concerns po.

1. I am planning to take post graduate certificate in seneca college or centennial college in ontario. I have limited option kasi ng school since sa tita ko ako magstay mlapit sa finch.
2. Until now i'm little bit confuse which course/program I should take. I'm planning 1 year post grad diploma/certificate sana related in nursing since I have 2 yrs work experience sa pinas and currently working here in dubai as a labor room nurse.
3. if I will take 1 year post grad program/cert will it be a guarantee that I they will give 1 year pgwp? For 1 year program lang kasi ang budget for tuition fee ng mother ko. I am afraid na bka hndi naman ako mabigyan ng 1 year pgwp. Aside from that my worry is pauwiin ako after 1 year pgwp dahil mahirap daw mkahanp ng employer? Main purpose nman kasi ng pagstudy ko is for PR. By the way yung tita ko pla ang magiging sponsor ko if in case. Pwede kaya yun? She doesnt have any immediate relative sa canada, wla din sya anak at spouse. She's also a canadian citizen for 25 yrs. Since she will sponsor all the expenses, do I still have to provide money on my own? Anyway, I have a bank account also.
4. For sponsor po ba pwede more than 2? Like, my aunt will shoulder my accomodation, food and daily cost living+tuition fee, friend of my aunt will shoulder other expenses. Pwede kaya yun? Wala kasi mapapakita ITR ang mother ko since self-employed sya and doing small business only, but she had her bank accounts and money.
5. I know that we are allowed to work while studying 20 hrs/ week. In case ba na 2 yrs yung kunin ko na program ma earn ko kya yung for 2nd year tuition fee ko?
6. Lastly,better ba kng mag agency ako dito sa dubai or magprocess ako online? Kasi most of the students here from philippines ang papers at agencies. Anyone here processed their papers here in dubai? And which agency? Thank you.

Hi agnes, I cannot give any answers now because we fairly have same situation, I am here working in Riyadh now as a nurse planning to apply coming 2016.
I will be with Inscol academy(agency in the real sense) and taking up Citical Care nursing coming 2016. I hope eveything will be ok on your application

mitchbrio

Nov 21, 2015
Hi! My Student Visa was approved last November 13, 2015, after reapplying. Just followed the tips in this forum. Thank you & Thank you Lord!

ccgb

Apr 25, 2015
mitchbrio said:
Hi! My Student Visa was approved last November 13, 2015, after reapplying. Just followed the tips in this forum. Thank you & Thank you Lord!

Congratulations! Pwede mo po ba ishare profile mo? :)

Shimy

Nov 21, 2015
scorpio1641 said:
Hi guys, sorry hindi ako nakapagpost in a long while, masyadong na-busy with midterms, plus I got hired na as a cashier in one of the grocery store chain in Toronto kaya ayun :D But all is well.
Hi scorpio1641 and mic-mic
I have read your success stories here and I'm inspired on moving forward. I will be studying in humber college but the money that I have is just enough for me to pay for first semester's fee and 2 months pocket money. Somebody is just helping me with the proof of funds. The program that I'm taking is not really that hard so I don't think I will have problem doing part time jobs. Do you think working part time and doing cash jobs can make me earn enough to pay for the next semester and help me sustain living there?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
mitchbrio! Congratulations! Kindly pm me the email account you use on facebook so I can add you to the group! :)

Hi shimmy,
I heard it is possible, but it'll also depend on how well you can budget. It might be safer to have a bit of reserved funds for emergency cases. What are you taking in Humber? :)

Shimy

Nov 21, 2015
mic-mic said:
mitchbrio! Congratulations! Kindly pm me the email account you use on facebook so I can add you to the group! :)

Hi shimmy,
I heard it is possible, but it'll also depend on how well you can budget. It might be safer to have a bit of reserved funds for emergency cases. What are you taking in Humber? :)
mic-mic Thanks for the insight.. I'm planning to take International Development for September.

i_am_yey

Nov 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

Newbie here. I am just waiting for my Visa to be released. Will be starting school in Niagara College for 2016 Winter Term.

Hoping to make friends here.

Yey :)

dmzed

Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2015
Med's Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-10-2015
Passport Req..
In
VISA ISSUED...
God's
LANDED..........
Will
Hi guys gaano po ba katagal bago lumabas un result? I've applied online last October 18th and nag pass un medical last Oct.30th! ::)

i_am_yey

Nov 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dmzed said:
Hi guys gaano po ba katagal bago lumabas un result? I've applied online last October 18th and nag pass un medical last Oct.30th! ::)
Hi dmzed,

Ako hindi online pagpass ko eh. May consultant ako. October 14th nareceive ng VFS tapos pinamedical nako ng October 22nd. Hinihintay ko nalang din visa ko. San school
Ka nakaenroll? winter 2016 din start mo?