+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Calgarywoman

Oct 2, 2015
mic-mic said:
Hello! Sorry, I lost track already :D Jan 2017? Might be a bit too early to apply now. The deposit you made with the school might be deferred I guess as long as you inform them during the early stages of your application. Schools will probably just accept applications since the burden of proof lies on you when you present your case with the VO. Basta ang school, after sa application fee mo and deposit in the same way people will sell you a car here with the understanding na ikaw bahala sa insurance ng kotse mo :D Maybe you can take something to continue what you started in the Philippine and earn a bachelor's degree here?
Sorry mic mic typo its 2016 of january not 2017 hehehe....can i use p din ba ung 1500cad dep ko sa school for aug 2016 intake?, and lastly pag nag p open case b me chance n mabago ang results? What you think? Sample i will hire a lawyer something like that.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello!

Maybe it might be cheaper to just re-apply again rather than hire a lawyer? :)

That's one pricy bucketlist item angel :D Is this a la Le Cordon Bleu? ;D

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@angel0214: Hi angel and welcome to the forum! Congrats on being accepted at PICA, you've made a very good choice :) I've worked in Granville Island for a bit, with a bakery that does pastries as well. I wasn't a pastry chef but I did work in the kitchen and one of the pastry chefs that I've worked with graduated from PICA and she's really good. I also have a friend who graduated from culinary arts at VCC and he also agrees that PICA is the best school for culinary in Vancouver (He says Art Institute is the worst but I don't think they're that bad). I think it's a good investment because they train their students very well. As far as culinary schools go, your tuition is within the normal range.

I think the restaurant/food service business is one of the most challenging fields to go into. You really need to be passionate and invest literally all your time and resources. Just going through culinary school and seeking your apprenticeship (and if you're planning to stay here, earning your Red Seal too) takes a lot. That's on top of loooooong exhausting hours in the kitchen + saving up money to start up your own. But if it's your dream after all, then you should go for it! ;)

The very best pastry school, in my opinion, is Maison Christian Faure in Montreal. You'll be literally taught by the best pastry chefs in France (yes, all the instructors are M.O.Fs!) and in the world. I was able to meet Christian Faure in person and he's really talented and a very humble person to boot. If you are considering doing further training in pastry, I would highly suggest you consider going to Montreal. Even just for a vacation (and a really good food trip). I honestly think it's the culinary capital of Canada (big claim, but that's just me hehe)!

Anyway, I think you're good to go in terms of applying. I took up Food Technology here at BCIT after finishing a business degree sa atin. Just make sure you've expressed your intentions clearly, in terms of finances and home ties, I think you've covered your bases well. :D Good luck!

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
Hi everyone! Newbie here. I did backread po but still I have concerns po.

1. I am planning to take post graduate certificate in seneca college or centennial college in ontario. I have limited option kasi ng school since sa tita ko ako magstay mlapit sa finch.
2. Until now i'm little bit confuse which course/program I should take. I'm planning 1 year post grad diploma/certificate sana related in nursing since I have 2 yrs work experience sa pinas and currently working here in dubai as a labor room nurse.
3. if I will take 1 year post grad program/cert will it be a guarantee that I they will give 1 year pgwp? For 1 year program lang kasi ang budget for tuition fee ng mother ko. I am afraid na bka hndi naman ako mabigyan ng 1 year pgwp. Aside from that my worry is pauwiin ako after 1 year pgwp dahil mahirap daw mkahanp ng employer? Main purpose nman kasi ng pagstudy ko is for PR. By the way yung tita ko pla ang magiging sponsor ko if in case. Pwede kaya yun? She doesnt have any immediate relative sa canada, wla din sya anak at spouse. She's also a canadian citizen for 25 yrs. Since she will sponsor all the expenses, do I still have to provide money on my own? Anyway, I have a bank account also.
4. For sponsor po ba pwede more than 2? Like, my aunt will shoulder my accomodation, food and daily cost living+tuition fee, friend of my aunt will shoulder other expenses. Pwede kaya yun? Wala kasi mapapakita ITR ang mother ko since self-employed sya and doing small business only, but she had her bank accounts and money.
5. I know that we are allowed to work while studying 20 hrs/ week. In case ba na 2 yrs yung kunin ko na program ma earn ko kya yung for 2nd year tuition fee ko?
6. Lastly,better ba kng mag agency ako dito sa dubai or magprocess ako online? Kasi most of the students here from philippines ang papers at agencies. Anyone here processed their papers here in dubai? And which agency? Thank you.

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
hi,

BVC applicant din ako, you should try to read the letter included in your Letter of Acceptance. Yung kasi mga school iba iba ng guideliness regarding sa refund system nila. What course are you taking? Kasi ang BVC my selected semester/intakes lang sila nag aaccept ng internatinal students.

Bongbaws

Nov 2, 2015
mic-mic said:
Congratulations on your nle :)

to answer your questions:
1. MAybe having too much ight make the vo wonder?
2. You need to secure a ltter from your relative that he or she will be sponsoring your studies and expenses, etc.. apart from that, they should provide you proof of funds, income, address, etc
3. It's always better to have the money in your name. Patagalan mo din sa account mo bago ka humingi ng bank cert. The older the account, the better. In our case for example, I showed a bank account that was 3 years old, and then my wife showed an account that is a decade old already :)

@calgary woman, you can try inquiring sa mga schools first if ok lang sa kanila na kumuha ka ng program sa kanila even if you only had 2 years of study sa pinas :)
Kakaopen ko lng po kasi ng bank account ko last year. Tapos yung 40k na laman nya klalagay lng ngayong year na to. Pero yung pang show money di pa naitatransfer ng aunt ko, itatransfer palng nya next month. Bale parang bago bago plng yung pera sa account ko kung ipapakita ko sa v.o. ok lng po ba yun?

Salamat po pala sa pagsagot sa una kung questions :)

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Bongbaws said:
Kakaopen ko lng po kasi ng bank account ko last year. Tapos yung 40k na laman nya klalagay lng ngayong year na to. Pero yung pang show money di pa naitatransfer ng aunt ko, itatransfer palng nya next month. Bale parang bago bago plng yung pera sa account ko kung ipapakita ko sa v.o. ok lng po ba yun?

Salamat po pala sa pagsagot sa una kung questions :)

Hi,

Why not just show that your auntie will sponsor your education in Canada? Because usually you are required to submit bank statement for 6months to 1yr to show bank history. And high amount of money on your account, may also be question by VO.

Bongbaws

Nov 2, 2015
maryjoane said:
Hi,

Why not just show that your auntie will sponsor your education in Canada? Because usually you are required to submit bank statement for 6months to 1yr to show bank history. And high amount of money on your account, may also be question by VO.
Salamat po sa advise maam maryjoane :)
Nga po pala nabasa ko po yung previous post nyo dito na sa bvc school nyo. Dun din po kasi ako. Hehehe. Practical nurse din po kinuha ko at sa may din po start ng class ko.

Cge po sabihin ko na lng po yung advise nyo sa aunt ko.uhhm, Pero po kung sakaling ganun gawin nya na itransfer na lng yung pang show money ko sa account ko, sa sop ko na lng siguro iexplain na galing sa aunt ko yung money. Ok naman po siguro yun no? Para maliwanagan yung v.o.
Ang hirap kasi timbangin kung ano masmaganda gawin. May nabasa kasi ako dito na masmaganda na nakapangalan yung bank account sa applicant. Sana makapagsuggest po kayo kung ano magandang gawin. :)

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
@mic-mic: it's Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts in Vancouver :)

@humdrumdum: thanks for your input! will definitely look into that school possibly after PICA or visit Montreal when I get the chance :)

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Bongbaws said:
Salamat po sa advise maam maryjoane :)
Nga po pala nabasa ko po yung previous post nyo dito na sa bvc school nyo. Dun din po kasi ako. Hehehe. Practical nurse din po kinuha ko at sa may din po start ng class ko.

Cge po sabihin ko na lng po yung advise nyo sa aunt ko.uhhm, Pero po kung sakaling ganun gawin nya na itransfer na lng yung pang show money ko sa account ko, sa sop ko na lng siguro iexplain na galing sa aunt ko yung money. Ok naman po siguro yun no? Para maliwanagan yung v.o.
Ang hirap kasi timbangin kung ano masmaganda gawin. May nabasa kasi ako dito na masmaganda na nakapangalan yung bank account sa applicant. Sana makapagsuggest po kayo kung ano magandang gawin. :)

hi,

wow. talaga po bvc practical nursing ka din po? hmmmmm... parang ang hirap po nun ata.. kasi parang gugulo po.. sa akin kasi mami ko mgsponsor sken tapos ngprovide ako bank cert, bank statement, affidavit of support (na mami ko mgpapa aral sken) and basically paano siya ngka pera ng ganung kalaki. and letter of accomodation galing naman sa ata ko kasi dun kami makikituloy..pero beside sa mami ko, merun din kami 1M sa bank.

cguro mganda mo po gawin ganun nlng. kaya lng kasi smen ng husband ko inexplain nmin kung bakit kami ngkpera ng ganun na we inherit that money with matching affidavit.

Kelan ka mag apply ng visa?

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
guys,

tanung ko lang in terms of affidavit of support? merun ba un validity? july ata date nun. Im planning to re apply na sa dec

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Hello Seniors, just would like to ask kasi nalilito po talaga ako. I am a BS Accounting Graduate 4yrs and my degree was assessed by Wes kasi we were planning before to apply as Permanent but unfortunately our combined crs ay hindi sapat. Now our other option is to study nalang given na may mag sosponsor. My question is:
I've been looking for best course to proceed. Pwde ba akong mag masteral? Or kumuha nalang ulit ng basic accounting nila which is technically kasama na sa curriculum ko.
Can anyone suggest? Thank u in advance.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello maryjo, parang wala naman yata validity yun. Although mine was just type written and signed. IT wasn't notarized.

hi oshin, getting a masters is a definite advantage. Just inquire sa mga universities na interested ka. Doing something again will juest be a waste of money. Since mag-aral ka na din, might as well study something that will compliment your accounting background :)

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Hello Micmic, thank you so much for the enlightenment. I am not sure din kasi kung qualified ba ako mg masteral kasi upon checking sa admission requirements, puro lahat required ang 4 years peru I will keep on searching sa mga schools nalang and might as well send an inquiry to them.

Also another question, for example September 2016 yun start ng class, can we go there naba this December? I am not sure if may limitation or my prescribed period lang na pwede kang mag land sa Canada right after you receive the student visa. We want to spend Christmas na rin sana doon.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^^ I think it's too early for you to land in Canada in December if your program will start September 2016. You could try but you run the risk of the officers suspecting that you will be there for other reasons than to study if you come too early. Get a tourist visa then convert it to student while you're here if you really want to come here in December.