+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Bongbaws

Nov 2, 2015
Hi guys :) bagong grad at kapapasa ko lng po ng nle. Nag enrol po ako ng practical nurse program sa bow valley college. Natanggap naman po ako.
Sponsor po ako ng tita ko, lahat po ng babayaran (tuition, baon) sagot nya at pati accomodation .
Eto po tanong ko.
1. Kapag mas marami po ba ang mageesponsor. Mas malaki ang chance na makakuha ng s.v
2. Ano po yung mga documents na galing sakanila na dapat nilang ibigay sakin as a proof na sila ang magsusuport sakin.
3. At dun po sa show money. Dapat po bang may sariling bank account? At yung pera na pangtuition for 1yr + yung 10,000 CAD po ba e dapat po bang nakalagay lang sa sariling bank account.

Nakakaba mag file ng papers lalo na pag ang pera na kailangan ay ganito kalaki. Hahaha. Sana po matulungan nyo po ako sa mga questions ko. Salamat :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Hi guys, sorry hindi ako nakapagpost in a long while, masyadong na-busy with midterms, plus I got hired na as a cashier in one of the grocery store chain in Toronto kaya ayun :D But all is well.

j0wna said:
advice naman po mga seniors, kung wala pa properties delikado ba if ever sa application? lalo na kung buong pamilya sana kami mag apply (husband-student, me and baby-dependent).

and ano ano pa kaya pwede ipresent na home ties?

thanks in advance po.
Hi j0wna, hindi naman delikado, pero you have to show the VO that you have a stable work history, yun yung importante kung wala kang properties. Kasi they need to know that if ever babalik ka sa Pinas, makakahanap ka pa rin ng trabaho. And of course, show your savings accounts and investments in lieu of property.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Bongbaws said:
Hi guys :) bagong grad at kapapasa ko lng po ng nle. Nag enrol po ako ng practical nurse program sa bow valley college. Natanggap naman po ako.
Sponsor po ako ng tita ko, lahat po ng babayaran (tuition, baon) sagot nya at pati accomodation .
Eto po tanong ko.
1. Kapag mas marami po ba ang mageesponsor. Mas malaki ang chance na makakuha ng s.v
2. Ano po yung mga documents na galing sakanila na dapat nilang ibigay sakin as a proof na sila ang magsusuport sakin.
3. At dun po sa show money. Dapat po bang may sariling bank account? At yung pera na pangtuition for 1yr + yung 10,000 CAD po ba e dapat po bang nakalagay lang sa sariling bank account.

Nakakaba mag file ng papers lalo na pag ang pera na kailangan ay ganito kalaki. Hahaha. Sana po matulungan nyo po ako sa mga questions ko. Salamat :)
Congratulations on your nle :)

to answer your questions:
1. MAybe having too much ight make the vo wonder?
2. You need to secure a ltter from your relative that he or she will be sponsoring your studies and expenses, etc.. apart from that, they should provide you proof of funds, income, address, etc
3. It's always better to have the money in your name. Patagalan mo din sa account mo bago ka humingi ng bank cert. The older the account, the better. In our case for example, I showed a bank account that was 3 years old, and then my wife showed an account that is a decade old already :)

@calgary woman, you can try inquiring sa mga schools first if ok lang sa kanila na kumuha ka ng program sa kanila even if you only had 2 years of study sa pinas :)

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Hi everyone. So glad I found this forum to get tips and feedback on how to proceed with the Study Permit application.

I'd like to get your feedback on my profile sana:
Will be taking up a 1-year dual diploma program (Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry Arts) at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts in Vancouver.
Already paid 8,000 CAD tuition down payment for the March 28, 2016 spring intake. Total Tuition is 40,000CAD

29 years old by March 2016
Graduated Business Management from one of the top universities in the Philippines.
Been working for the same company (Food Ingredients Manufacturer) for 6.5 years already and holding a Managerial position. I have my COE, Payslips, ITR na.
Annual income is around PHP 8xx,xxx to 9xx,xxx.
Travel History in the last 5 years: USA 4x (ME visa until 2020), Canada 2x (ME tourist TRV valid until 2018), South Korea 4x, India 1x, Thailand 5x, HK 2x, Singapore 2x, Indonesia 3x, Vietnam 1x, Taiwan 1x, China 1x.
Assets and Financial Status: dito ako medyo kinakabahan:
My father and I will share the expenses of my studies and cost of living. He has 30k USD while I have 20k USD + 200k PHP under my name. I recently purchased a car under my name too. Do we still need to show land titles etc and business permits under my dad's name as supporting proof of assets? My dad will provide an affidavit of support to indicate that he will help support me financially.

What do you think?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello! I think you should consider explaining the shift from business management to culinary arts first, then proceed with furnishing the vo copies of all your proof of funds. I did show most of the money under my name and then supplemented it with that of my wife's (she has an older dollar account than I do) and then she just made a letter supporting my studies. I also showed my business permits (including its financial statements) and land titles as part of the assets. In your case, the annual income you mentioned can also be a good indicator of how established you are back home already.

Reactions: adds.17

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Hi mic-mic, thank you for your input.
Yes, in my SOP, I explained the reason why I wanted to pursue Culinary and Pastry Arts :)

Calgarywoman

Oct 2, 2015
@mic mic...n accept n ako sa bvc diba...ang worry ko baka sa next apps ko un naman maging reason nila...tpos pano un back to basic ako sa school? Kc d ako na approve for jan 2017... Pano ung 1500cad deposit ko ala n b un or pde ko p sya g gamitin sa next apps ko sa bvc? Naguguluhan ako...ang age ba consider din ng vo? Help me mic hahaha answer me guys ty.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello! Sorry, I lost track already :D Jan 2017? Might be a bit too early to apply now. The deposit you made with the school might be deferred I guess as long as you inform them during the early stages of your application. Schools will probably just accept applications since the burden of proof lies on you when you present your case with the VO. Basta ang school, after sa application fee mo and deposit in the same way people will sell you a car here with the understanding na ikaw bahala sa insurance ng kotse mo :D Maybe you can take something to continue what you started in the Philippine and earn a bachelor's degree here?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
angel0214 said:
Hi everyone. So glad I found this forum to get tips and feedback on how to proceed with the Study Permit application.

I'd like to get your feedback on my profile sana:
Will be taking up a 1-year dual diploma program (Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry Arts) at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts in Vancouver.
Already paid 8,000 CAD tuition down payment for the March 28, 2016 spring intake. Total Tuition is 40,000CAD

29 years old by March 2016
Graduated Business Management from one of the top universities in the Philippines.
Been working for the same company (Food Ingredients Manufacturer) for 6.5 years already and holding a Managerial position. I have my COE, Payslips, ITR na.
Annual income is around PHP 8xx,xxx to 9xx,xxx.
Travel History in the last 5 years: USA 4x (ME visa until 2020), Canada 2x (ME tourist TRV valid until 2018), South Korea 4x, India 1x, Thailand 5x, HK 2x, Singapore 2x, Indonesia 3x, Vietnam 1x, Taiwan 1x, China 1x.
Assets and Financial Status: dito ako medyo kinakabahan:
My father and I will share the expenses of my studies and cost of living. He has 30k USD while I have 20k USD + 200k PHP under my name. I recently purchased a car under my name too. Do we still need to show land titles etc and business permits under my dad's name as supporting proof of assets? My dad will provide an affidavit of support to indicate that he will help support me financially.

What do you think?
wow, ang mahal ng program mo LOL ... bakit hindi ka nga pala nag-two years?
okay naman ang financial status mo eh. Yes, land titles and business permits are okay to show as supporting documents.
Pero tama si micmic, you have to write a good statement of purpose to explain the relationship between business management and culinary arts. Isa sa mga common reasons of denial kasi yung mismatch ang course sa Pinas at sa Canada. Prove to the VO that what you learn in Canada will be useful to you when you return to the Philippines after you study (*theoretically :D). Tell him anong plano mo after you graduate etc.

saranghae

Apr 4, 2015
Hello, everyone. I have been back reading and can't seem to find the answers. I have been accepted at Bow Valley College and already got a letter of acceptance for August 2016 intake. 1 yr course on Early Learning and Child Care. Eto po questions ko:

1. How soon can I apply for student permit?
2. Can a family friend sponsor me? (write a letter of support)
3. Will it be easy na mag apply for my husband if he just follows after 6 months? Balak namin maiwan muna sya at mag work. ( I have read some are uncertain about this)

Nasa S. Korea po kami now. I plan to bring my 2 kids. Yung father-in-law ko ang nasa Canada and will take care of accommodation.

Thank you in advance for any input. I also hope to share my experience and maybe help other students.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello! Maybe you haven't back read enough. :) most of your questions can be found starting from page 260 I think. Don't worry, you will enjoy reading the success stories of people who had a hard time starting but are now in Canada :) Goodluck and happy reading :)

saranghae

Apr 4, 2015
mic-mic said:
Hello! Maybe you haven't back read enough. :) most of your questions can be found starting from page 260 I think. Don't worry, you will enjoy reading the success stories of people who had a hard time starting but are now in Canada :) Goodluck and happy reading :)

Thanks for the reply, mic-mic. With my first question, nakita ko kasi dito usually mga relatives or institution ang sponsors and di rin specified sa cic. But I will try to backread some more. ;)

Bongbaws

Nov 2, 2015
Paano po kung fresh grad palng tapos wala png work experience. Malaki ba ang chance na di makakuha ng s.v? Yung family ko lng po kasi yung naiisip kong ilagay sa family ties, ok lng po ba yun?

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
scorpio1641: Thanks for your input.

hahaha, i know! :eek: A bit expensive kasi private school siya near Granville Island -- the school is quite popular in the culinary field, the facilities are super nice and maximum 15 students lang in a class. I checked other schools in Vancouver and so far this is the best one.

I'm currently in the food industry and I've been a self-taught home baker since I was young. The shift in the course is to finally fulfill my dreams of owning my own legit dessert/pastry shop or cafe - bucket list ika nga :D My current job is still somewhat connected to the culinary/baking course I want to take. I'm in the Flavour business so heavily related sa food science, development and creation.

based on your suggestions, I think I should reiterate sa SOP ko about the shift in course. I connected it to my current job and my future plans after school but i think I need to edit and enhance it a bit pa.

I'm planning to apply December kasi start ng classes is on March 28, 2016 -- based on what I back-read, 3-4 months before and recommended application.