+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

rani2728

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan 2013
Doc's Request.
4 April 2013
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2013
Med's Request
23 Jan 2013
Interview........
21 Jan 2014
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
26 feb 2014
hi friends, my niece got admission in one of the univ in toronto. i lost my brother long back and i take care of the kids.
i got married and moved to canada and i m a permanent resident.

my concern is can i show that i will be funding for her education.
her mother doesnt work and has no source of funds to show that she can support her education.
if i show i will be funding can that be a concern as canadian govt wants international funds.

i did transfer money in her account but wont the visa guys want to know from where she got the money and who supports?

kindly help and answer

ianteves93

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3, 2016
Med's Request
March 7, 2016
Med's Done....
March 14, 2015
Passport Req..
April 14, 2015
Sorry.
Hindi pa ako naka.pag apply sa nait . Tama ka, close nah. Peo gusto ko sana dun kase may kakilala ako.
Ok lang din sa akin kung next year. Ayaw kong magmadali kase malaking pera ang ilalabas mo.
Peo its okay to take the same course right as long as you can explain it? Its a skilled work kase tapos mataas yung employment rate sa canada kase wala masyadong medtech na kumukuha sa canada at tsaka walang masyadong international medtech na pumapasok kase according sa CSMLS( governing body ng mga medtech sa canada) iba yung requirement nila compare sa US. Kailangan talagang mag.aral or mag.PLA prior learning assessment.
Gets mo ?! Gehehhehe :D
Advice mo? Tama lang bah

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
paniolo said:
Hi scorpio! thanks a lot ha. nakakalakas ng loob ito. Mukang hindi naman active application ko kasi I couldnt find any UCI sa returned mail nila- thankfully. And reading through this forum helps a lot talaga.
In God's perfect time makukuha mo na yan!! Im sure you've read it already but If I can recall si softmallowgum yata even had a history sa lung area nya- p186? But still got approved! And with your kind and super sipag replies, you have nothing but good karma all around! Basta stay in good shape and don't miss your meds, if you are taking any!
Any suggestions sa pagapply namin ng partner ko, sabay kaya namin i-lodge or should I do it first? Then sha follow with a TRV lang-not an OWP
Thanks, paniolo. Magdilang-anghel ka sana. I have three more weeks to go before I find out my sputum exam result. :)
About your applying for your partner, mixed kasi ang results pag kasama ang mga wives/partners. May iba naga-grant pero lately mas marami akong nakikitang denials (for the partners). I'm not sure, both of you will have to think about that one.

rani2728 said:
hi friends, my niece got admission in one of the univ in toronto. i lost my brother long back and i take care of the kids.
i got married and moved to canada and i m a permanent resident.

my concern is can i show that i will be funding for her education.
her mother doesnt work and has no source of funds to show that she can support her education.
if i show i will be funding can that be a concern as canadian govt wants international funds.

i did transfer money in her account but wont the visa guys want to know from where she got the money and who supports?

kindly help and answer
Yes you can. You don't even have to transfer money to her account. All you need is your accounts and the funds must have been in your account for at least four months prior to her application.
You just have to write a letter / affidavit of financial support and show proof of relationship to your niece. That's all the embassy needs. Good luck!

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ianteves93 said:
Sorry.
Hindi pa ako naka.pag apply sa nait . Tama ka, close nah. Peo gusto ko sana dun kase may kakilala ako.
Ok lang din sa akin kung next year. Ayaw kong magmadali kase malaking pera ang ilalabas mo.
Peo its okay to take the same course right as long as you can explain it? Its a skilled work kase tapos mataas yung employment rate sa canada kase wala masyadong medtech na kumukuha sa canada at tsaka walang masyadong international medtech na pumapasok kase according sa CSMLS( governing body ng mga medtech sa canada) iba yung requirement nila compare sa US. Kailangan talagang mag.aral or mag.PLA prior learning assessment.
Advice mo? Tama lang bah
1. its okay to take the same course right as long as you can explain it? - yes, as long as you can explain na study lng talaga intention mo and not to migrate
2. mataas yung employment rate sa canada - yep, mataas employment rate g MLT esp sa Saskatchewan (or atleast thats what i heard sa employer)
3. "wala masyadong medtech na kumukuha sa canada" i totally disagree with this. thousands are applying for MLT program every year, but only 50-100 ang inaaccept nla every year and konti lng gumagraduate due to the program workload
4. walang masyadong international medtech na pumapasok kase according sa CSMLS( governing body ng mga medtech sa canada) iba yung requirement nila compare sa US. Kailangan talagang mag.aral or mag.PLA prior learning assessment. - i guess you need to be a permanent resident or nagraduate from canadian institution before ka makakuha ng licensure exam

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ianteves93 said:
Sorry.
Advice mo? Tama lang bah
and if you want to apply for next year's intake, october mstly nagoopen ang application.

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
hi guys

urgent help needed

My brothers just got passport request with following msg in pdf letter

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

is that means his visa got approved ?

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ri123 said:
hi guys

urgent help needed

My brothers just got passport request with following msg in pdf letter

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

is that means his visa got approved ?
yup! congratulations to your bro

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
yep, that's approval. Congrats!

rani2728

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan 2013
Doc's Request.
4 April 2013
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2013
Med's Request
23 Jan 2013
Interview........
21 Jan 2014
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
26 feb 2014
scorpio1641 said:
Thanks, paniolo. Magdilang-anghel ka sana. I have three more weeks to go before I find out my sputum exam result. :)
About your applying for your partner, mixed kasi ang results pag kasama ang mga wives/partners. May iba naga-grant pero lately mas marami akong nakikitang denials (for the partners). I'm not sure, both of you will have to think about that one.

Yes you can. You don't even have to transfer money to her account. All you need is your accounts and the funds must have been in your account for at least four months prior to her application.
You just have to write a letter / affidavit of financial support and show proof of relationship to your niece. That's all the embassy needs. Good luck!

[thanks a lot for the information and hope you are sure.
i am very sound financially and can show enough of evidence to support her. my only concern is that if those guys feel that she makes no difference to canadian economy for she will be funded by a canadian then?
do you know anyone who had similar kind of case or any lawyer who works out a full proof process.
i want to give them the best education and she being a genius kid i dont want money to be hurdle in her path

as much info as you all can , pls share.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
rani2728, I don't think the Canadian embassy will bother about whether her sponsor is in or out of Canada or whether he contributes to the economy (and tbh you still are contributing to the economy by paying her tuition). What matters is that she can prove she is a genuine student, that she has enough funds for her education and that she is willing to return home once her studies are finished.

Nothing is "fool proof" or 100% guaranteed with visa applications one can only prepare as best he/she can. Since she is in India and we are in the Philippines, I cannot recommend a lawyer for u. But u can ask your fellow countrymen in this forum.

Good luck

ianteves93

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3, 2016
Med's Request
March 7, 2016
Med's Done....
March 14, 2015
Passport Req..
April 14, 2015
@aly911
ganun po bah. wow. it seems na hindi madali yung dadaanan ko.
peo thanks sa insights mo...i appreciate it a lot.

i think ganun nmn talaga tayo lahat. :)

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Hello friends! Wala pa din update sa status ko... Tama yata si floje... aabuta pako g laba i Manny :D how long does the result usually take after the medical request has been updated to "PASSED" ?

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
micmic said:
Hello friends! Wala pa din update sa status ko... Tama yata si floje... aabuta pako g laba i Manny :D how long does the result usually take after the medical request has been updated to "PASSED" ?
Hehe! Okay lang yan micmic. Win or lose pa si Manny, panalo ka pa rin kase PPR na yan next week. Good luck! ;)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015