+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody experienced an error in the MyCIC when applying the PGWP?

en_ligne

Dec 20, 2012
I was trying since yesterday to apply the post graduation work permit online but could not upload the scanned IMM5710E form in the 'Application Form' section. It says that the document is not valid PDF or 'Error occurred while validating your Document, please verify your document and retry'. Other documents in the 'supporting documents' section could be uploaded without any issue.

I have tried other browsers, produce other pdf versions and also one with *.PDF (capital), rescan the document with other scanner but still didn't work. I emailed to the technical support (web-tech-support@cic.gc.ca) but still did not get any response.

en_ligne

Dec 20, 2012
I still have this problem. Did anybody succeed in submitting the application or a simiar one recently? Please advise.

sayi

Dec 21, 2012
Hi En_ligne,

I am trying to submit my IMM5710 form online and saw same error. I received a response from online agent to try the following:

When completing your application, you must submit the most up-to-date version of the application form.

Please note that the most current version of the form is dated 12-2012. This can be seen at the bottom of every page of the application form.

Also, we recommend that you do not upload a signed copy of the application form as you will be asked to electronically sign the application before final submission.

Please also make sure that all fields in the application form are filled. If a field does not apply to your situation, please put “n/a” in the corresponding field.

Moreover, you must make sure that you clear your cache and cookies in order to have the newest version of the form available. To do this, follow these steps:

· in Internet Explorer:
o Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files; and
o Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies
· in Safari:
o Edit > Empty Cache; and
o Edit > Preferences > Security Tab > Show Cookies > Remove All > Remove All

But unfortunately nothing worked I tried several times but couldn't submit my application.

Where you successful.?

Thanks.

en_ligne

Dec 20, 2012
Hi sayi,

No my attempts today were not successful. The form that is available is exactly the same as the paper application (we need to validate, print out, sign and scan) and that form is the version 12-2012 already. So I already gave up and submitted the paper application instead. I am planning to go on vacation so I don't want to wait anymore :(

m10dx

Sep 20, 2012
I'm having the same issue.... after some trial and errors I was able to upload the pdf file but today I noticed there was a typo so I corrected it and tried to upload again but same error happened again and I have no idea what did I do to make it work in the first time....

If anyone find a way to solve this please share it with us :)

gumby_351

Dec 24, 2012
I was having the same problem before Christmas. It seems that they've fixed it since then. Once you've filled out the form and validated it, just save it to somewhere on your computer. Then simply upload it WITHOUT SCANNING OR SIGNING IT. Even if it's over the 4 MB limit. Everything went through perfectly.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Everytime I've gotten that error it's file size is too big. Use a word processor to save your pictures instead of a paint/picture file.

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
I actually encountered another problem.. I was able to upload all the document.. However, whenever I tried to submit my digital signature and get to the payment page, it always showed an error message as below... Anyone?

SORRY...
this on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons:
1. We are currently undating this Web site.
2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
I received an email from cic agent saying that the issue has been resolved...
Has anyone been able to finalize their application online?

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Just saw the message on MY CIC saying that there would be another maintenance from 2-3pm EST on the 2nd. Hopefully, that will clear up the issue.
I have no problem uploading all the documents online, each of which is about 1500KB. However, I cannot finalize my application and get to the payment page.
Hopefully, they will have it resolved soon and the online payment will go smoothly as well.

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. THANK YOU!

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
i am actually applying for a work permit but everytime i try to pay it wont let me! the transaction wont go through and it most definitely is not my lack of funds.. has anyone encountered the same problem?!?!?!

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Please can someone who was successful with the application send the link to the page?
I haven't been able to load the page for 4days now. I really need to send in my application soon, but keep getting error messages.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
No worries, all sorted out :)

adamd

Mar 26, 2013
MUSHROOMROOM said:
I received an email from cic agent saying that the issue has been resolved...
Has anyone been able to finalize their application online?
What email address did you send this to? I've been trying to find an email to no avail.