+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody experienced an error in the MyCIC when applying the PGWP?

Apr 21, 2013
Hey Guys,

I know this might have been resolved but no solution has been posted.I'm replying nonetheless for those who might come across the same problem somewhere down the line.

I too kept receiving the 'Invalid pdf' error for almost 2-3 weeks. CIC sent me an email with a couple of questions but I had already tried all that, besides, the questions in the email seems to basic. I've pasted the email anyway. Don't forget, that you can get in touch with MyCIC via the MyCIC site itself. Just log into MyCIC and there's a link you can use called 'Share with..' or something.

Here's what I did to get things working.
1. You have to understand that these are intelligent forms and you can't mess around with the .pdf, else you wont be able to upload it or it wont be read.
2. Close all your browsers
3. Open ONLY IE, not Firefox, not Opera
4. Go to cic.gc.ca
5. Search for the form you want, open in a new tab. Don't download yet
6. Fill the form completely in one go (you can have another one that you can copy paste from)
7. Now save the form on your desktop
8. Navigate to MyCIC and upload.
It worked 10/10 times for me. I tried editing the form on my desktop because I noticed a mistake, and it didn't let me upload it. I had to download a new one and follow the steps above.

Make sure no docs are above the size limit.

Here's the email I was talking about.
Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.

We verified the information you provided. When completing your application, you must submit the most up-to-date version of the application form.

Please note that the most current version of the form is dated 01-2013. This can be seen at the bottom of every page of the application form.

Also, we recommend that you do not upload a signed copy of the application form as you will be asked to electronically sign the application before final submission.

Please also make sure that all fields in the application form are filled. If a field does not apply to your situation, please put “n/a” in the corresponding field.

Moreover, you must make sure that you clear your cache and cookies in order to have the newest version of the form available. To do this, follow these steps:

· in Internet Explorer:

o Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files; and

o Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies

· in Safari:

o Edit > Empty Cache; and

o Edit > Preferences > Security Tab > Show Cookies > Remove All > Remove All

If you still experience technical difficulties, we need some additional information. Can you please provide:

1. Surname – Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

2. Given name(s) – Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

3. Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)

4. Country of birth

5. Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses.

6. Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all.

7. Client ID Number

In addition, please provide us with a copy of the form (all fields completed) that you are trying to upload.

Furthermore, please provide us with all your answers to the online questionnaire.

To do so, you should select the Modify my Answers button located on the top of the online questionnaire. Once you are redirected to the page entitled Review your answers, you can either:

provide us with screen shots; or
copy and paste the text.

Lastly, please provide us with screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field, date and time of:

The page where you try to upload the form; and
The error message that you received.

Please also specify the date and time that the problem occurred.

You can expect a response within ten (10) working days of our receipt of the above information.

Sincerely,

CAN_4VISAFAM

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2013
Med's Request
31-03-2014 (Remedical)
Passport Req..
25-04-2013
Opening MyCIC in internet explorer by clearing all cache and cookies will resolve this issue.

reynocum

Apr 23, 2015

If you get invalid PDF and you're sure your form is validated and not digitally signed, just use Chrome browser. Firefox does not work.

AdelaVroblova

Jan 10, 2017
Hello,
can someone help me please? Im trying finish my working holiday visa, and last thing what i have to do is pay visa fee but thats what happened.

Your session has expired / Votre session est expirée

Error:
Unfortunately, an error occurred.

Online Services / Services en ligne
System-generated error code:0H5OB3IJ (2017-01-10 14:08:39)

what can i do now? Thanks Adela