+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody applied or got admit from Carleton University for Sep-13 intake?

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the tuition fees of Carleton is too much .... For computer science its around $19000 for 1 year. And it is a 2 year program... So let take around $40000 for 2 years plus the living expenses for 2 years. OMG :eek:

kkr2canada

Star Member
May 22, 2013
kurukshetra
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
27-06-2013
Med's Done....
6-5-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-7-2013
LANDED..........
will land on 25-8-2013
Manpreet_rieit said:
the tuition fees of Carleton is too much .... For computer science its around $19000 for 1 year. And it is a 2 year program... So let take around $40000 for 2 years plus the living expenses for 2 years. OMG :eek:
is the fee same for MEngg in electrical and computer science ?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
kkr2canada said:
is the fee same for MEngg in electrical and computer science ?
Hello, I don't think so....one of my friend studying Meng in ECE there and he has told me that the fees are around 14000$ for 1 year that is for 2 terms ,although there are 3 terms in a year but usually there are only 2 terms which are working....so for 2 years it will be around 28000$.......hope it helps and moreover you can also take a look at previous year listing fees...
http://www5.carleton.ca/financialservices/student-accounts-receivable/tuition-fees/fw-gr/fw12-int/

kkr2canada

Star Member
May 22, 2013
kurukshetra
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
27-06-2013
Med's Done....
6-5-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-7-2013
LANDED..........
will land on 25-8-2013
sameerverma said:
Hello, I don't think so....one of my friend studying Meng in ECE there and he has told me that the fees are around 14000$ for 1 year that is for 2 terms ,although there are 3 terms in a year but usually there are only 2 terms which are working....so for 2 years it will be around 28000$.......hope it helps and moreover you can also take a look at previous year listing fees...

in offer letter they have mentioned that the tuition fee is 18000-38000 per year .do you have any idea what does that mean ?

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Nivesh89 said:
hv u applied newer else??.....n if nt carleton i guess ur profile wil be fwded to ottawa..if uhv tickd the checkbox...;)
bro.. I ticked on "No Preference" so I think my profile wud be frwded to ottawa.... isnt it?

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
bro.. I ticked on "No Preference" so I think my profile wud be frwded to ottawa.... isnt it?
Yes in dat case it should....lets hope fr the best.....:)...in my case apparently i hv nt met the TOEFL req...speaking section is a bit low...so dey hv sent me a mail of retaking the test n submitting the new score....arent their ne othr options apart frm retaking the test...??...i hv read dat u cn gv sm english tests onc u reach ur Univ to meet the req....

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sameerverma said:
http://www5.carleton.ca/financialservices/student-accounts-receivable/tuition-fees/fw-gr/fw12-int/
Buddy, I have the email that I got from them on submitting my application. It is clearly mentioned that the tuition fees for 1 year is $CAD19000. And I am talking about Computer Science. How can you rejected my statement by comparing it with ECE tuition fee ??

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Nivesh89 said:
Yes in dat case it should....lets hope fr the best.....:)...in my case apparently i hv nt met the TOEFL req...speaking section is a bit low...so dey hv sent me a mail of retaking the test n submitting the new score....arent their ne othr options apart frm retaking the test...??...i hv read dat u cn gv sm english tests onc u reach ur Univ to meet the req....
true nivesh,,, lets hope for the best...
regarding the toefl scores, yes there are some english tests and some classes too, that could be taken to overcome the english requirement.. you can ask carleton about 'em.. and do some digging ... BTW you have time and you can retake the test but this time go for IELTS(my opinion).

Adhav

May 23, 2013
Chennai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I want to apply for Jan intake in any university in ECE.. targeting Communication Engineering (any variation).
I got 2 general questions hope you can clarify.
1. What are the disadvantage of applying for Jan intake?
2. What is conditional and unconditional offer?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Manpreet_rieit said:
Buddy, I have the email that I got from them on submitting my application. It is clearly mentioned that the tuition fees for 1 year is $CAD19000. And I am talking about Computer Science. How can you rejected my statement by comparing it with ECE tuition fee ??
Hello,i am not saying that you are wrong...as u have mentioned your tuition fees .....so i am answering kkr2canada question as he has asked that whether the fees for ECE department is same as yours CSE department.........i hope you got my point.....so don' get me wrong......i am not pointing anyone here.....just trying to help.......

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Adhav said:
Hi all,
I want to apply for Jan intake in any university in ECE.. targeting Communication Engineering (any variation).
I got 2 general questions hope you can clarify.
1. What are the disadvantage of applying for Jan intake?
2. What is conditional and unconditional offer?
Hi Adhav,

1.Well im not very sure whether Jan intake is bad or not....others can help
2.Conditional offer is one where the Univ sets some conditions i.e req of official TOEFL/IELTS scores,transcripts etc.Once they verufy your scores and docs they send u an Unconditional offer. Once u gt the uncoonditional offer u can go ahead further with Loan application ,visa n all..til then u hv to wait.....others can add more if they noe more....:)

Thanks

kkr2canada

Star Member
May 22, 2013
kurukshetra
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
27-06-2013
Med's Done....
6-5-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-7-2013
LANDED..........
will land on 25-8-2013
sameerverma said:
thanks for the reply . i guess people would be more interested in getting an idea about the total fee for the entire course . i think total fee for the course depends upon the number of semesters you take to complete the required credits. say for carleton you have to complete 5.0 credits and each subject weights 0.5 credits .you will have to pass 8 subjects( taking 2 subjects each semester i.e 4 semesters in total) i.e 4.0 credits and remaining 1.0 credit you can get by final project and labs . fee for one semester in carleton is approx 7000 $ ,for 4 semesters it will be 7000$ X 4 = 28000$ .
m i right sameer ?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
kkr2canada said:
thanks for the reply . i guess people would be more interested in getting an idea about the total fee for the entire course . i think total fee for the course depends upon the number of semesters you take to complete the required credits. say for carleton you have to complete 5.0 credits and each subject weights 0.5 credits .you will have to pass 8 subjects( taking 2 subjects each semester i.e 4 semesters in total) i.e 4.0 credits and remaining 1.0 credit you can get by final project and labs . fee for one semester in carleton is approx 7000 $ ,for 4 semesters it will be 7000$ X 4 = 28000$ .
m i right sameer ?
Yes, you are totally right.....one can take 6 semester in total also to complete Full programme......so to a large extent it depends on the individual also.......

subakumaran

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hi,

I got admission for M.Asc TIM Program at Carleton for Fall 2013 intake.
Will be joining it.

Currently working on Loan and Visa Process.

Is there anyone who is joining for fall 2013 intake ?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
subakumaran said:
Hi,

I got admission for M.Asc TIM Program at Carleton for Fall 2013 intake.
Will be joining it.

Currently working on Loan and Visa Process.

Is there anyone who is joining for fall 2013 intake ?
Hello,Have u got conditional offer or unconditional offer?I have also got conditional offer for Meng programme in ece.