+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody applied or got admit from Carleton University for Sep-13 intake?

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Hi friends,
I have applied to Carleton University. Profile- 80%-UPTU, TOEFL-98.
Waiting for the results. If you are related to Carleton University in any way, share your views.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Yes bro i have also applied for Meng programme at carleton for Fall intake but i havn't got any replies from them till now and For which programme have you applied for.......

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Hi Sameer, we are on the same boat, :) no result yet, hope they reply soon.. when did you applied?
I have applied to Masters in Computer Science program. whats your academic profile?
are you on fb, my profile is rupesh.agrahari7 : we can stay in touch there.

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
Hi friends,
I have applied to Carleton University. Profile- 80%-UPTU, TOEFL-98.
Waiting for the results. If you are related to Carleton University in any way, share your views.
Hi All,

I have applied for M.Eng in ECE for FAll 2013...and hv received a conditional offer of acceptance...wt abt u guys...ne progress yet??

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
arun_kumar said:
@ nivesh
y conditional? what is the condition they ve mentioned?
Dunno wy exactly...bt they hv askd fr transcripts and TOEFL score reporting.....did u gt one too???

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Nivesh89 said:
Dunno wy exactly...bt they hv askd fr transcripts and TOEFL score reporting.....did u gt one too???
Nope. I think you should submit ur transcripts which states that you have finished your BE. Then only you ll get unconditional offer. But you can send that after starting ur studies there

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
@nivesh: arun is right.. according to this link: http://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/required-documents/ after you receive an offer from Carleton you have to send Transcripts and TOEFL (also GRE if applicable), directly to the university

it is stated : If you have received an Offer of Admission:
Official academic transcript(s) are only required if you are offered admission. You will be notified at that time, if this is the case.
Official transcript(s) must be mailed directly to Carleton from your home institution in a sealed university envelope from the office issuing the transcript(s). Official transcript(s) must indicate that your degree has been conferred. The mailing address is:
Graduate Admissions
Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
512 Tory Building, Carleton University,
1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1S 5B6
If possible, please ask the institution to ensure that your name and Carleton User ID is noted on the outside of the envelope.
Official transcript(s) must be in the original language and include a certified translation if the transcript is not in English.

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
@ nivesh: arun is right.. according to this link: http://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/required-documents/ after you receive an offer from Carleton you have to send Transcripts and TOEFL (also GRE if applicable), directly to the university

it is stated : If you have received an Offer of Admission:
Official academic transcript(s) are only required if you are offered admission. You will be notified at that time, if this is the case.
Official transcript(s) must be mailed directly to Carleton from your home institution in a sealed university envelope from the office issuing the transcript(s). Official transcript(s) must indicate that your degree has been conferred. The mailing address is:
Graduate Admissions
Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
512 Tory Building, Carleton University,
1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1S 5B6
If possible, please ask the institution to ensure that your name and Carleton User ID is noted on the outside of the envelope.
Official transcript(s) must be in the original language and include a certified translation if the transcript is not in English.
Hi Rupesh....these wer the conditions for transcript in my offer of admission -"Admission conditional upon receipt of official transcript indicating degree(s) conferred with required standing: B.Eng. degree from Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology"........do the transcripts have to be mailed from my degree Institution or can i mail them myself aftr getting it sealed from the Institution??......also hav u gt a reply ??

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
@nivesh: Well bro.. most of the universities accept a transcript sealed by university but sent by the student, I have not got a decision from carleton thus I do not know about their requirement,... but if you want to join carleton u better send these documents early..
I think you must have got the transcripts sealed by the university so send a mail to carleton stating that "my university has provided sealed transcripts but they do not send transcripts directly to other university thus its the students responsibility to forward the document. So is it fine if I send the sealed transcript to your institution?" they will reply back with proper procedure. And what about TOEFL didnt they ask u abt TOEFL?
have you applied through any consultancy?

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
@ nivesh: Well bro.. most of the universities accept a transcript sealed by university but sent by the student, I have not got a decision from carleton thus I do not know about their requirement,... but if you want to join carleton u better send these documents early..
I think you must have got the transcripts sealed by the university so send a mail to carleton stating that "my university has provided sealed transcripts but they do not send transcripts directly to other university thus its the students responsibility to forward the document. So is it fine if I send the sealed transcript to your institution?" they will reply back with proper procedure. And what about TOEFL didnt they ask u abt TOEFL?
have you applied through any consultancy?
hmm....yeah i hv those transcripts sealed by the University.....for TOEFL i did online score reporting...dat shd do i guess..they r nt consultants exactly....but an institute where they even teach for GRE ....

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Nivesh89 said:
hmm....yeah i hv those transcripts sealed by the University.....for TOEFL i did online score reporting...dat shd do i guess..they r nt consultants exactly....but an institute where they even teach for GRE ....
yeah sending toefl score reports through ets will do... ask the institute(which teaches GRE :)) about this also send a mail to the grad administrator of Carleton... have you decided to go to Carleton? or you have other options??

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Rupesh90 said:
Hi Sameer, we are on the same boat, :) no result yet, hope they reply soon.. when did you applied?
I have applied to Masters in Computer Science program. whats your academic profile?
are you on fb, my profile is rupesh.agrahari7 : we can stay in touch there.
hello bro, ya you are right i don't know why they are taking so long to answer but still we can't do anything but i think ur profile is quite good in addition to that u also have Gre scores,i think thats a plus point.
By the way,i have applied on Jan 4 and i have applied for Meng programme in ECE and still waiting for the decision.
although i have got rejected from university of waterloo and uni of western ontario but now i am waiting for decision from queen,carleton and ryerson.

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Nivesh89 said:
Hi Rupesh....these wer the conditions for transcript in my offer of admission -"Admission conditional upon receipt of official transcript indicating degree(s) conferred with required standing: B.Eng. degree from Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology"........do the transcripts have to be mailed from my degree Institution or can i mail them myself aftr getting it sealed from the Institution??......also hav u gt a reply ??
As expected. If you have completed your bachelor the transcript which you get mentions that you have completed your degree............till you send that transcript , the offer will be conditional only........As soon as they get ur transcript stating you have completed your degree it ll become unconditional

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
yeah sending toefl score reports through ets will do... ask the institute(which teaches GRE :)) about this also send a mail to the grad administrator of Carleton... have you decided to go to Carleton? or you have other options??
I gt admits from Windsor,UNB,Carleton...and i hv decided to go ahead with Carleton...wts ur case...??...hv u gt ne options??...