+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody applied or got admit from Carleton University for Sep-13 intake?

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
congratulations LAV and SAMEER... but I have not received any response yet... can you guys tell me what was the status of your application(as written on graduate admissions portal)? right now my status is "review in progress by department"

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
lav90 said:
in my conditional letter also they have mentioned the same amount , but are there 3 terms per year and fees is charged per term or its for whole year, i have even got loa from concordia so planning to go there as their one year fees is less compared to carleton.
I think the fees that they have mentioned in conditional letter is for 1 year that is 3 for terms.
I have found this link so it might be helpful for you......
http://www5.carleton.ca/financialservices/student-accounts-receivable/tuition-fees/fw-gr/fw12-int/

According to this link ,the fees for MEng programme is $ 7687.12(fall term) and for winter term is $ 6461.12 and i think there are two terms in a year compared to three as they have mentioned fees for only two terms......

yes concordia is also a nice option to consider.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Rupesh90 said:
congratulations LAV and SAMEER... but I have not received any response yet... can you guys tell me what was the status of your application(as written on graduate admissions portal)? right now my status is "review in progress by department"
Hello bro,when i have first applied at that time the status written on my graduate admissions portal was "review in progress by department" but yesterday i have noticed that they have change the status to "review in progress by Faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs". After some time my status changed to application approved.

i think u will receive decision from them shortly.I wish u all the very best.

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
sameerverma said:
Hello bro,when i have first applied at that time the status written on my graduate admissions portal was "review in progress by department" but yesterday i have noticed that they have change the status to "review in progress by Faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs". After some time my status changed to application approved.

i think u will receive decision from them shortly.I wish u all the very best.
okay... so I think this status will remain same until 90% work will be in progress... alright bro.. you have applied to M.Eng(1 yr) or MCS(2 year)???

lav90

Apr 19, 2013
thanx @ sameer for your reply , yes my status was also the same application approved but i got a mail from carleton regarding your loa on carleton central.confusion is still the same on site they have mention fee only for two terms but a friend of mine told that universities in ontario have 3 terms per year :(

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
lav90 said:
thanx @ sameer for your reply , yes my status was also the same application approved but i got a mail from carleton regarding your loa on carleton central.confusion is still the same on site they have mention fee only for two terms but a friend of mine told that universities in ontario have 3 terms per year :(
TO which mail u are referring as i have got only 2 docs in which one of is offer of admission and other one is international students letter.....

lav90

Apr 19, 2013
the mail regarding check your carleton central for the loa nothing else bro and yes there are two letters on the carleton central ..

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
lav90 said:
the mail regarding check your carleton central for the loa nothing else bro and yes there are two letters on the carleton central ..
Are you accepting carleton offer of admission or going ahead with concordia?

lav90

Apr 19, 2013
just confused what to do though i have 21 days to decide for carleton ,what about you what are your plans.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
lav90 said:
just confused what to do though i have 21 days to decide for carleton ,what about you what are your plans.
I have also applied to Ryerson University and Queen's University apart from Carleton University.....so i haven't receive any reply from other two till now.

So most likely,i am going with carleton as Ryerson and Queens Meng is only of 1 year in duration ...so one can get only 1 year work permit after that ...whereas carleton offers 2 year Meng programme....and apart from that carleton ranking is also better as compared to other two of them.

lav90

Apr 19, 2013
yes same here i have applied to ryerson , regina and dalhousie but hadn't got any reply from them ,in which department you are given loa for carleton and can you tell me your email id..

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
lav90 said:
yes same here i have applied to ryerson , regina and dalhousie but hadn't got any reply from them ,in which department you are given loa for carleton and can you tell me your email id..
check your personal message box and i have applied to meng in ECE and its under department of computer system and engineering .....and what about your department.....

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
Hi Nivesh... so wats ur next step... confirmed Carleton so thinking of applying for VISA???
Hey srry fr the laye reply...yes im goin ahead with carleton...will be applyn fr visa in june...wt abt u..??...

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hey lav,sameer ...congo fr gettn LOA....hv u started applyn fr loans?.....n by wen will u be goin ahead with the visa?....also i hv heard dat we wnt be needing a visa interview...:d....we jst hv to submit all our docs fr the same....\m/...neone hvn a diff opinion abt dis(visa)??..pls share

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Hello,

Anyone got conditional admit offer from carleton?I have received conditional offer from carleton for MEng programme in ECE.....anyone else there who has received conditional admit .....please come forward so we can help each other.....

MY condition is of submitting my final year transcripts.